PDA

View Full Version : Evil = money^2

Cosmologist
2012-Jul-26, 01:49 PM
Mathematical proof that women are evil.....

All guys know that women require an expenditure of time and money.....
Any businessman can attest that time = money
Therefore... women = money˛

As the old saying goes - money is the root of all evil
Or in mathematical terms.... money˛ = evil
So it follows that... women = evil

:evil:

Buttercup
2012-Jul-26, 01:54 PM
Not me, honey. I (willingly) paid half of dating costs, and the household bills are split evenly in my marriage.

If you've got the tendency to date women who are only interested in your wallet, that's your problem.

primummobile
2012-Jul-26, 02:04 PM
Actually, between my wife and I, I am the one who is more apt to spend money.

In fact, my wife takes my money so I won't spend it, which is probably a good thing. She's pretty generous when I tell her that I need (usually want, but I tell her I 'need') something.

Cosmologist
2012-Jul-26, 02:09 PM
Ofcourse its bankers who are truly evil. You can bank on that.

mike alexander
2012-Jul-26, 04:33 PM
Cosmologist.... just how old ARE you?

NEOWatcher
2012-Jul-26, 05:14 PM
Mathematical proof that women are evil.....
Besides being a very old joke (a google search shows aroung 4 million hits), you didn't get it quite right.
The saying is that women are the root of all evil, and the phrases that lead up to it are a little more precise (http://www.listen2unclejay.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/women-problems.jpg).

Ara Pacis
2012-Jul-26, 05:39 PM
An, of course, it's not "money" but "the love of money" that is the root of all evil.

Now, we did have a codeword, WAE, we used but that was way back in high school. We did revive it a few months ago for a friend's divorce.

PetersCreek
2012-Jul-26, 06:03 PM
I guess I'm evil too, since my hobbies/interests are a bit on the expensive side, too. It may also have something to do with me being in touch with my feminine side (or similar psychobabble) since my wife and I are pretty evenly matched in power shopping powers.

But she makes her own shopping money, thank you very much.

SeanF
2012-Jul-26, 06:14 PM
Besides being a very old joke (a google search shows aroung 4 million hits), you didn't get it quite right.
The saying is that women are the root of all evil, and the phrases that lead up to it are a little more precise (http://www.listen2unclejay.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/women-problems.jpg).
What? I honestly don't see where the difference is between the OP and your linked image.

But I agree that it's an old joke. :)

EDIT: Unless you're talking about that the OP says "evil" whereas your link says "problem," but in that case it's your link that has it wrong - the original biblical quote is "the love of money is the root of all evil" but "money is the root of all evil" is the common phrasing today.

Gillianren
2012-Jul-26, 06:29 PM
I've just pretty much given up on a friendship from college, because it is an expenditure of time and money that isn't worth it. He probably owes thousands of dollars to people I know around town.

But that's irrelevant. What matters is that, somehow, someone thought this was an acceptable thread. Despite the rules against personal attacks. Despite "be nice." Despite the claims that sexism isn't as big a deal as some women claim it is, I logged onto a board where I've been a member for a very long time this morning, if you count my membership through two pre-merged boards, and the first thing that showed up in this section was a thread stating that I am evil.

Perikles
2012-Jul-26, 06:48 PM
What matters is that, somehow, someone thought this was an acceptable thread. I think you have a right to be annoyed. The thread belongs in the fun-n-games section, surely, if it belongs anywhere at all.

HenrikOlsen
2012-Jul-26, 06:56 PM
Twice offensive, both misogynistic and lacking in an ability to get quotations right. Which is worse I know not. :)

Swift
2012-Jul-26, 07:20 PM
At least some of you know to complain by Report, rather than complaining in thread.

I'll withhold an opinion as to whether this thread is a rule violation or not, but obviously this is going down hill fast and so this thread is closed.