PDA

View Full Version : I need help in importing address book files.

Hornblower
2012-Sep-05, 11:28 AM
I am setting up a new computer that is using Windows 7. I have my e-mail service up and running in the factory-installed Windows Live Mail program, but I am stumped in my attempt at importing files from the existing address book in the old computer. I have saved a copy of the folder in a backup folder I created on the hard drive of the new machine, in the form of .wab files if I am not mistaken. When attempting to use the Help menu I feel like a blind man trying to describe an elephant after one touch. Apparently what the marketing people call "intuitive" is nothing of the sort for old fuddyduddies like me.

Can anyone help? It would be most welcome.

orionjim
2012-Sep-05, 01:24 PM
I am setting up a new computer that is using Windows 7. I have my e-mail service up and running in the factory-installed Windows Live Mail program, but I am stumped in my attempt at importing files from the existing address book in the old computer. I have saved a copy of the folder in a backup folder I created on the hard drive of the new machine, in the form of .wab files if I am not mistaken. When attempting to use the Help menu I feel like a blind man trying to describe an elephant after one touch. Apparently what the marketing people call "intuitive" is nothing of the sort for old fuddyduddies like me.

Can anyone help? It would be most welcome.

Click on the Contacts button in the lower left of Windows Live Mail:

then you will see an Import button on the toolbar, select .wab and then find the .wab file you saved.

Hornblower
2012-Sep-05, 03:05 PM
Click on the Contacts button in the lower left of Windows Live Mail:

then you will see an Import button on the toolbar, select .wab and then find the .wab file you saved.Thanks. I finally got my feeble brain in gear.