PDA

View Full Version : Unified Theory of Dark Matter and Dark Energy

icarus2
2012-Sep-11, 04:08 AM
Mathematicians Offer Unified Theory of Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Altering Einstein Field Equations

The News
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120906092059.htm

The Paper
http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.5078

=====
~
This scalar potential energy density consists of both positive and negative energies. The negative part of this potential energy density produces attraction, and the positive part produces repelling force. Also, this scalar energy density is conserved with mean zero:
~
=====

Have any thoughts on this?

--- Icarus2
ps. It is similar to my model(Pair creation model of negative energy(mass) and positive energy(mass))

antoniseb
2012-Sep-11, 11:32 AM
If they can get some time on a supercomputer to run a simulation, and it looks like our universe, I'll spend some more time thinking about it, but for now it reads like someone looking for a MoND-like alternative to WIMPs. I am starting off with a lot of doubt, especially given the 130 GeV signal from the center of the galaxy.

Cougar
2012-Sep-13, 01:32 PM
Mathematicians Offer Unified Theory of Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Altering Einstein Field Equations

Well, isn't it easy when you add a field?

the nature of dark energy is now perhaps the most profound mystery in cosmology and astrophysics. It is considered the most outstanding problem in theoretical physics.

I'd agree.

Jerry
2012-Sep-24, 10:00 PM
Horrible, just horrible fine tuning problem to get from there to here: Sliced in half by Occum's razer.

jasmineleigh
2013-Jan-08, 10:00 PM
If the theory of multiple Universes is correct, maybe dark energy is what's separating us from the other. It could be leaking into space-time causing the Universe to expand. It could of also been the cause of the Big Bang is the first place. Knowing that this invisible energy causes expansion could be the key to understanding, if multiple Universe theory is correct, why Big Bangs don't happen constantly. maybe there was a slip of dark energy between to universes causing the big Bang and also allowed dark energy to escape to to bother universes.