PDA

View Full Version : Checking in at ungodly hour

Buttercup
2012-Sep-16, 08:37 AM
Local time 2:35 a.m. :(

Usually am sound asleep at this time, but for whatever reason ... can't.

Am reading Earthquake updates at Twitter. No new e-mail. A handful of people here currently (maybe 10; surprised at 2 fellow Americans here).

Now let's see if Mr. Sandman will be so kind as to give me another dose of Sleep. :rolleyes:

This thread for when you have such a night.

Perikles
2012-Sep-16, 09:21 AM
Grotesque isn't it? Here it's 10.00 in the morning and I'm struggling to keep awake. :rolleyes:

Noclevername
2012-Sep-16, 09:24 AM
I've had chronic insomnia since I was 5. I feel this way most nights.

profloater
2012-Sep-16, 01:05 PM
Usually I sleep well despite much travelling to strange pillows but if a new problem infects my brain I cannot sleep and the only solution is to get up and write everything I can down as a "brain dump" and then sleep will come. I think to be serious it is an adrenaline issue, alcohol does help, profound relaxation also, but in a noisy airport etc. the stress continues so you might as well stay awake until you get to a quiet place.

Buttercup
2012-Sep-16, 08:41 PM
Exactly 12 hours and 5 minutes later...

Mr. Sandman was a bit kinder after I posted. :)

The cat wasn't though. :mad: Kept jumping up and down, checking to see if I'd pet her. :rolleyes:

Managed to get enough sleep, but very thankful that insomnia isn't often a problem.

Trebuchet
2012-Sep-17, 03:10 AM
One of our cats pretty frequently decides we should be awake at 4:30 or 5:00 AM. No jumping up and down, just a quiet but persistent mewing in our faces, accompanied by tickling of whiskers. We love her anyhow.

danscope
2012-Sep-17, 04:43 AM
Ferocious has been banned from the bedroom. It's nothing he can help. He's just...... well.... a cat. He wants to play
"Bite through the blanket" at 3:30 AM. Celine has no sense of kitty humour at 3:30am . So I keep him down stairs, so he won't get hurt. When ya get flung from the bed, it isn't healthy, you see? He has adjusted his lifestyle now. Now, he collects and consumes little innocent creatures and other activities.

Dan