PDA

View Full Version : what are all the assumptions of bigbang theory? and observations that doesn't accord

ritwik
2012-Sep-21, 01:01 PM
All assumptions of all underlying assumptions in the BBT:rofl: and observations that doesn't seem to agree with theory :p

i'll start by things i know..

1.what if observable universe is just .0000000000000000000000000000000000001% of WHOLE UNIVERSE ? does BBT still stands head high? #assumption

2.inflation #assumption

3.isotropy #assumption

4.SUPERCLUSTERS at the very beginning of universe #observation

5.lack of anti matter #observation

6.dark matter/energy ..missing matter to keep spiral structure intact ...outer rings of galaxy spinning as fast as core #observation

7.space itself is expanding ..metric expansion #assumption

korjik
2012-Sep-21, 01:18 PM
All assumptions of all underlying assumptions in the BBT:rofl: and observations that doesn't seem to agree with theory :p

i'll start by things i know..

1.what if observable universe is just .0000000000000000000000000000000000001% of WHOLE UNIVERSE ? does BBT still stands head high? #assumption

Not an assumption, just not relevant. The observable universe being a small fraction of the whole universe is actually most likely.

2.inflation #assumption

see next point

3.isotropy #assumption

Observation not assumption. Once you start looking at the CMBR, it is extremely isotropic. Pretty much too isotropic to explain any other way than inflation.

4.SUPERCLUSTERS at the very beginning of universe #observation

Define very begining. I wouldnt call a few hundred million years as very begining. Dosent really mean anything to BBT tho.

5.lack of anti matter #observation

CP violation is your friend.

6.dark matter/energy ..missing matter to keep spiral structure intact ...outer rings of galaxy spinning as fast as core #observation

Not being able to see something dosent mean that the BBT has a problem.

7.space itself is expanding ..metric expansion #assumption

How do you figure redshift in all galaxies outside the local group is an assumption? Just like Dark Matter and Dark Energy, expansion is only an observation. One that fits the BBT pretty well too.

ritwik
2012-Sep-21, 01:40 PM
Not an assumption, just not relevant. The observable universe being a small fraction of the whole universe is actually most likely.

if observable universe is just that small it may not be a FAIR SAMPLE of UNIVERSE

see next point

Observation not assumption. Once you start looking at the CMBR, it is extremely isotropic. Pretty much too isotropic to explain any other way than inflation.

Define very begining. I wouldnt call a few hundred million years as very begining. Dosent really mean anything to BBT tho.
in order to form that kind of galactic ribbons of galaxies it would take LOOOOONG time than supposed age of universe

CP violation is your friend.
cp violation doesn't completely clear off all anti matter its just create small discrepancy [i guess]

Not being able to see something dosent mean that the BBT has a problem.

we cant see we cant detect we cant predict

How do you figure redshift in all galaxies outside the local group is an assumption? Just like Dark Matter and Dark Energy, expansion is only an observation. One that fits the BBT pretty well too.

well galaxies are moving away ... not necessarily because of this esoteric phenomenon... that is an assumption !!

Strange
2012-Sep-21, 01:46 PM
All assumptions of all underlying assumptions in the BBT

All assumptions?

Well we could start with the assumption that there is an objective reality and it can be understood ...

Eventually we would get to the assumption that the laws of physics are the same for all observers (including the speed of light). From there it is a short step to GR and, hey presto: expansion of universe predicted. And observed.

Observations that don't appear to agree with the big bang model? Well there's ... no, maybe not. Or how about ... no. Hmmm ... The lithium problem is the only one I can think of right now. But I think that is more likely to be a problem with Standard Model than the big bang.

Swift
2012-Sep-21, 01:47 PM
It would seem from the smilies you picked that you don't take the Big Bang Theory seriously. If so, the Q&A thread is not the proper place for this post. If you want to ask serious questions about it, and get mainstream answers, that's fine. If you just want to make fun of it, take it some place else. If you want to propose an alternative theory, take it to ATM.

I'm closing this thread. If you want a serious discussion in Q&A, or you want to otherwise challenge this moderation, Report this post.