PDA

View Full Version : Article about bad physics in the Movies

jfribrg
2004-Oct-21, 01:17 PM
The cover article in the Oct 16 ,2004 issue of Science News is about bad science in the movies and TV. It is an ok article, but inexplicably, no mention of the BA.

ToSeek
2004-Oct-21, 02:39 PM
Beat me to it!

Anyhow, the article is online here. (http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20041016/bob10.asp) I, too, was nonplussed that the BA is never mentioned.

scottmsg
2004-Oct-21, 02:54 PM
At least there's a brief mention of the university I went to in there.

Existing programs are seeing a boom in interest as well: On Aug. 5, USA Today reported that 13 percent of the incoming freshman at West Virginia University in Morgantown had chosen forensic science as their undergraduate major, making it the most popular major for the second year in a row.

Bawheid
2004-Oct-21, 03:15 PM
Beat me to it!

Wha-what! :o

Ut
2004-Oct-21, 04:45 PM
With hundreds of people trying to ToSeek ToSeek, it has to happen every once and a while. ;)

scottmsg
2004-Oct-21, 04:53 PM
Will the numerous people attempting to ToSeek ToSeek cause ToSeek to seek harder to ToSeek those who wish to ToSeek ToSeek? :D

ToSeek
2004-Oct-21, 05:18 PM
How many BABBers will ToSeek ToSeek when ToSeek ToSeeks BABBers?

Humphrey
2004-Oct-21, 05:40 PM
Ahh bot to ToSeek is a rare art only ToSeek has truly mastered. Sometimes one person will ToSeek ToSeek. But that is very rare. You see the art of ToSeeking is something that takes months, maybe even years to master. Only one so far has done it, who to ToSeek was named after, ToSeek. So the eternal question i. Will anyone be abloe to out ToSeek ToSeek? WE shal see, we shal see....

ToSeekToSeekToSeekToSeekToSeek.

:-P

jfribrg
2004-Oct-21, 05:41 PM
Beat me to it!
I never thought I'd live to see the day \:D/

ToSeek
2004-Oct-21, 06:34 PM
Beat me to it!

That's what I get for watching the baseball game last night instead of going online. Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life. ;)

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-21, 06:53 PM
Beat me to it!

That's what I get for watching the baseball game last night instead of going online. Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life. ;)

Good thing you don't let it get in the way of your posting. :wink: