PDA

View Full Version : Evidence that they are trying to change Enterprise.

Humphrey
2004-Oct-22, 04:32 PM
With a Subtle jab at the shows history (seasone 1-3), Joanna Cassidy (who stars as T'pols mother) will guest star on Enterprise tonight and "helps flesh out T'Pol's character". So it does look like they are trying to correct previous mistakes.

We will have to see how it pans out but who knows? Im really trying to see the positive in thsi series. I know, i know, its a useless dream, but hey who knows? New producer, new writers, and maybe they can pull it out of the toilet.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-10/22/10.00.tv

BlueAnodizeAl
2004-Oct-22, 05:08 PM
I completely agree with you, but I fear it maybe too little too late.

Though on the upside I get to see if my favorite series novelists can write a TV show.

Humphrey
2004-Oct-22, 05:26 PM
At least they recognize that they had characterized T'pol as nuthing more than a skin tight costume with ears. Mybe they will move onto the other characters. They did Flesh out the Doctor prety well, but so far the rest of the cast seem to be paper thin.

Moose
2004-Oct-22, 06:44 PM
Sanity at last? I hope so. Looking forward to tonight's show.

ignorant_ape
2004-Oct-22, 06:52 PM
QUOTE : " At least they recognize that they had characterized T'pol as nuthing more than a skin tight costume with ears."

and just what is wrong with ` a skin tight coustume with ears ` ?

YRS - APE

knows what he likes

BlueAnodizeAl
2004-Oct-22, 07:49 PM
Nothing's wrong with it so long as the writting has some substance. I'm just hoping B&B can stand back and stop trying micro-manage the writing room.

Humphrey
2004-Oct-23, 01:03 AM
I will be the first to say it. It did come true. Todays episode was everything i have been asking for. It was entertaining and very character driven. The CG was minimilized. They fleshed out the characters and even some histories of each. I enjoyed it. There was no focus on explosions, big set piece CG, or stupid Big Red Reset Buttons. No Alien speices of the week. No: "I am a evil warlord, fear me while i turn my back on you and let you sneak up and destroy me...mmmuuahahahahahah!". You get the idea.

Lets really hope they keep this up. If this continues andthis level of writing and storytelling continues i think it will turn the series around. Poeple might still not watch it, but at least it will end critically on a high note.

Thank you. :-)

P.S> Phlox is evolved from a Blow fish??? :o :o :o :-P

[added a few sentances explaining why i liked it. ]

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Oct-23, 01:17 AM
I wouldn't talk, monkey-boy!

:wink:

Humphrey
2004-Oct-23, 02:00 AM
Turtle!!! Turtle!!

Moose
2004-Oct-23, 05:48 PM
Do you think it's too early yet to throw myself at Coto's feet?

Well, looks like only the alien nazis got the Big Reset[tm]. The effects of the Xindi war endures in the timeline. I'm not sure that's entirely consistent with "the biggest reset button", but I can certainly live with keeping it limited to that.

This shows some promise, I think.

dvb
2004-Oct-23, 06:41 PM
I just watched the 4th season, 3rd episode of Enterprise lastnight, and I must say I was impressed! They managed to get a lot said in this most recent episode, and it helped clear certain issues up, while at the same time leaving us with another possible twist.. i.e. T'Pol's marriage.

The first 2 episodes this season disappointed me a bit by the bad bad gangster acting, the cheesy one liners, and brutal fighting scenes. At the end of this two parter, it was nice to see them finally home, and not having to worry about having their planet destroyed for the first time in a while. The story was very good, and it was nice to see the temporal cold war cleared up once and for all.

I can't wait to see next weeks episode. I was really hoping that T'Pol would make the right choice, and now I'm disappointed that she didn't. This is why I hope there's a twist in there somewhere! :)

Fortis
2004-Oct-23, 09:17 PM
Do you think it's too early yet to throw myself at Coto's feet?
Maybe one day they might even let him finish off Oddessy 5. :)

Bob B.
2004-Oct-23, 10:21 PM
I just watched the 4th season, 3rd episode of Enterprise...
Aren't they in 3rd season?

Moose
2004-Oct-23, 10:50 PM
Nope. The Xindi season was the third.

BlueAnodizeAl
2004-Oct-25, 02:57 PM
I just watched the 4th season, 3rd episode of Enterprise lastnight, and I must say I was impressed! They managed to get a lot said in this most recent episode, and it helped clear certain issues up, while at the same time leaving us with another possible twist.. i.e. T'Pol's marriage.

The first 2 episodes this season disappointed me a bit by the bad bad gangster acting, the cheesy one liners, and brutal fighting scenes. At the end of this two parter, it was nice to see them finally home, and not having to worry about having their planet destroyed for the first time in a while. The story was very good, and it was nice to see the temporal cold war cleared up once and for all.

I can't wait to see next weeks episode. I was really hoping that T'Pol would make the right choice, and now I'm disappointed that she didn't. This is why I hope there's a twist in there somewhere! :)

An excellent episode! I think it was one of the best as far as their mission, to seek out new life and new civilizations. They showed some great parts of culture in some old friends. They always do some great, very alien things with Phlox. And some neat cultural things this time with the Vulcans. Not to mention the subtle thing with Trip and T'Pol's mom, how very much like real life: "I'm in love with your daughter; do you have anything I can fix?" And I loved the exchange between Soval and Archer: "we finally have something we can both agree on." I always loved the Vulcan and Andorian arc, I can't wait to see some more of that when they go back to Vulcan in four episodes.

Humphrey
2004-Oct-30, 01:05 AM
Sigh....O.K. who let the old writers back in the building? Speak up, the hanging will be short, i promise. At least Brent Spiner acted very well, to bad nobody else did.
One episode of exream promise. Very well done, good plot and everything we have been asking for and they go back to last seasons quality drivel. Come on. Give the people of last week a permanent job and fire the rest.