PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Trivia Game

Pages : [1] 2

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-23, 05:51 PM
I know a lot of people here watch the Simpsons, so I thought it might be fun to have a trivia game where one person asks a question and the first person who replies correctly gets to ask a new one, etc. I don't know much about star trek or sci-fi stuff, but the Simpsons I can do. :D I'll ask the first question (I'll make it easy to get going):

What is Marge's maiden name?

Go!

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-23, 07:40 PM
Bouvier.

And on the topic of names...

What is Seymore Skinner's real name?

Ut
2004-Oct-23, 08:12 PM
Seymore Skinner, of course. Although, Arman Tanzarian also goes by that name.

Who is Principal Skinner's boss?

Kebsis
2004-Oct-23, 08:16 PM
Bart Simpson

AliCali
2004-Oct-23, 09:08 PM
Who is Principal Skinner's boss?

Who isn't? Besides Bart Simpson, Crabapple, his mom, I think you're looking for Superintendent Chalmers.

How hard can we make the questions? How about:

Who was hired for the Kwik-E-Mart after Apu was fired? Who did his voice?

Herodotus
2004-Oct-23, 09:09 PM
Superintendent Chalmers.

What is the name of Chief Wiggum's son?

SKY
2004-Oct-23, 09:35 PM
I think this needs some rules like the "Sci-Fi / Space Quote" thread in Bad Movies / Bad TV. More importantly, no posting a new question until the answer to the current question is confirmed. This will keep people from posting over each other.

Just a suggestion.

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-23, 09:45 PM
Who was hired for the Kwik-E-Mart after Apu was fired? Who did his voice?

James Woods.

I'll skip my question so Herodotus' can be answered.

AliCali
2004-Oct-23, 10:12 PM
I think this needs some rules like the "Sci-Fi / Space Quote" thread in Bad Movies / Bad TV. More importantly, no posting a new question until the answer to the current question is confirmed. This will keep people from posting over each other.

Just a suggestion.

That's a fine suggestion...okay by me, so long as the person asking the question comes back to verify!

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-23, 10:13 PM
Ralph

What is Homer's middle name?

Edit: oops, broke the new rules? Although, I think this will get tedious if the "asker" must verify.

AliCali
2004-Oct-23, 10:14 PM
Ralph

Jay

(So I'll wait for a confirmation before posting a question.)

(Also, is there a rule on how many times you can answer, to let others in?)

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-23, 10:16 PM
Jay
Correct.

Glom
2004-Oct-23, 10:32 PM
Another mega thread in the making. Your question, AliCali...

Herodotus
2004-Oct-23, 10:38 PM
Ralph

Jay

(So I'll wait for a confirmation before posting a question.)

(Also, is there a rule on how many times you can answer, to let others in?)

Correct! =D>

Candy
2004-Oct-23, 10:43 PM
Another mega thread in the making. Your question, AliCali... I'm just lurking. Why don't you number the questions like Staiduck's thread?

Glom
2004-Oct-23, 11:00 PM
AliCali's seems to have logged off, so, if I may be so presumptious, in order to keep the thread flowing, I'll ask:

4. What drove Lisa to have a near nervous breakdown and build a perpetual motion machine?

Herodotus
2004-Oct-23, 11:24 PM
AliCali's seems to have logged off, so, if I may be so presumptious, in order to keep the thread flowing, I'll ask:

4. What drove Lisa to have a near nervous breakdown and build a perpetual motion machine?

A school teacher's strike. The machine also forced Homer to lay down the law in the Simpson household: "In this house we obey the Laws of the Thermodynaics!" :lol:

I would like to defer my question back to Glom if they would like to ask another.

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-23, 11:59 PM
I would like to defer my question back to Glom if they would like to ask another.Glom seems to have left us (as I will too now), so feel free to continue.

AliCali
2004-Oct-24, 12:20 AM

Sorry I logged off for a while:

#5: What brand of beer do they drink in Shelbyville?

[Edited to add number, per Candy's suggestion]

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 12:27 AM

Sorry I logged off for a while:

#5: What brand of beer do they drink in Shelbyville?

[Edited to add number, per Candy's suggestion]
Duff Beer

AliCali
2004-Oct-24, 12:29 AM
Duff Beer

D'oh! That's why I bolded Shelbyville.

Duff is the beer in Springfield, but what's the beer in their neighboring town, Shelbyville?

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 01:16 AM
Duff Beer

Duff is the beer in Springfield, but what's the beer in their neighboring town, Shelbyville?

Isn't it Fud (or Ffud)?

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 05:05 AM
Duff Beer

Isn't it Fud (or Ffud)? Fudd Beer (I know spelling is not a determination in getting the correct answer.) :wink:

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 05:16 AM
Duff Beer

Isn't it Fud (or Ffud)? Fudd Beer (I know spelling is not a determination in getting the correct answer.) :wink:

D'oh, That's how it's spelled!!!

Oh well, if it's correct, you can take it. I still need time to think of a good question. :)

AliCali
2004-Oct-24, 09:00 AM
Isn't it Fud (or Ffud)?

You got it, although Candy spelled it correctly...Fudd beer (instead of Duff, get it?)

SKY, you're up.

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 09:29 AM
Duff Beer

D'oh, That's how it's spelled!!!

Oh well, if it's correct, you can take it. I still need time to think of a good question. :)

I thought it was just a beer homer found at a bar
Homer: "fudd me"
moe: "fudd I thought they took that of the market after some hippies went blind"
Homer: 'Well I was at this other bar last night...."
Moe: You went to another bar
Homer:"I was a hundred miles out of town" Moe: (depresed and dissapointed) "oh homer"

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 09:42 AM
moe: "fudd I thought they took that of the market after some hippies went blind"
Homer:"I was a hundred miles out of town" Moe: (depresed and dissapointed) "oh homer" I am assuming a hundred miles out of town would be Shelbyville. I still can't find Fudd Beer and Shelbyville being related on the Internet. :-?

[edited to substitute correct Beer name]

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 09:48 AM
Homer:"I was a hundred miles out of town" Moe: (depresed and dissapointed) "oh homer" I am assuming a hundred miles out of town would be Shelbyville. I still can't find Duff Beer and Shelbyville being related on the Internet. :-?

Maby.... but in the lemon tree and who shot Mr berns and vaires other snipets they are very close and besides..... um... douse it matter anyway

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 10:18 AM
I don't think there has been explicit that they drink Fudd in Shelbyville, it is just wacko beer brand that they throw in sometimes. But we may be able to settle this by logical deduction: everyone knows that the inhabitants of Shelbyville are wacko, thus they are likely to drink Fudd there.

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 10:22 AM
: everyone knows that the inhabitants of Shelbyville are wacko .

yeah....... YELLOW :o fire hydrants now that crazy (ours are under ground though)

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 12:21 PM
With this Fudd business out of the way, anyone wants to post a question?

PS. With this post I will no longer be a newbie, and can proudly refer to myself as a Bad Apprentice. 8) I already miss my childhood :cry:

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 12:25 PM
#6 OK................. in treehouse of horror.........
What is the motto of the ichy and scratchy police force

edited to add no. (thanks to candy)

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 12:28 PM
OK................. in treehouse of horror.........
^^^
Question #6

CTM VT 2K
2004-Oct-24, 01:04 PM
#6 OK................. in treehouse of horror.........

I can only remember part: "To Sever and ______" I think it's Mutilate, but I'm not sure, and I don't have any way to look it up.

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 01:50 PM
I can only remember part: "To Sever and ______" I think it's Mutilate, but I'm not sure, and I don't have any way to look it up.
"To protect and sever"?

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 04:22 PM
Isn't it Fud (or Ffud)?

You got it, although Candy spelled it correctly...Fudd beer (instead of Duff, get it?)

SKY, you're up.

Sorry, just woke up, but at least the game has continued. I was going to give the turn to Candy anyway for correctly spelling the answer. :wink:

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-24, 04:28 PM
We need to be careful about overlapping questions. mickal555 had asked a question which has been answered but not confirmed. Once that answer is confirmed by the person who originally asked the question, then the new question can be asked. I think since we started this kind of all over the place we had some confusion. I think we'll be okay by Candy's numbering system though. :D Game on!

(and I also think it was protect and sever, but Robert Andersson said it first :) )

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 04:50 PM
To keep this going I propose a little more liberal rules:

When a player is very sure about the answer, s/he may post a new question directly without waiting for confirmation. If other players disagree with the answer, they should object, and the game halts while awaiting confirmation from the OA (Original Asker). If the OA does not confirm within a reasonable time frame, other players who knows the answer to be (in)correct may rule instead.

The OA, or substituting judge, should when confirming the answer also indicate which player gave the correct answer.

If the player who's answer was confirmed does not post a new question within a reasonable time frame, another player, preferably someone who came second on a previous question or similar, may post one instead.

What a "resonable time frame" is, I don't know :)

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-24, 05:06 PM
Sounds good to me. :D

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 08:19 PM
I think Robert Andersson is right, so (under the rules) go ahead with a question since mickal555 may not confirm for a while (unless anyone has any objections). :)

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 08:33 PM
Question #7

In this upcoming season, rumor has it that there will be a same sex marriage. Who is the main Simpson character expected to wed? :o

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 08:41 PM
Candy, was that a question or a question? It's a bit hard to answer since it is the upcoming season.

So, shall I, then? Uh, this is hard...

#7 Name one "double episode" (you know, to be continued...) (there may be several, but I can only recall one).

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 08:50 PM
Candy, was that a question or a question? It's a bit hard to answer since it is the upcoming season. :lol:

I have seen it blasted in the US on the news and those TV tabloid shows. I thought it would be easy to answer. :oops:

Google Hint: Same Sex Marriage and The Simpsons

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 08:52 PM
Candy, was that a question or a question? It's a bit hard to answer since it is the upcoming season.

So, shall I, then? Uh, this is hard...

#7 Name one "double episode" (you know, to be continued...) (there may be several, but I can only recall one).

"Who Shot Mr. Burns"?

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 08:58 PM
"Who Shot Mr. Burns"?
Yep, the one I was thinking of.

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-24, 09:11 PM
I have seen it blasted in the US on the news and those TV tabloid shows. I thought it would be easy to answer. :oops:
Oh, sorry. I didn't know; generally don't keep up with such stuff ;)

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 09:13 PM
"To protect and sever"?

Yep it's protect and sever, i'm sorry but I had to sleep its 7:00 am now and I have to go to school.

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 09:16 PM
Yep it's protect and sever, i'm sorry but I had to sleep its 7:00 am now and I have to go to school.
Have fun at school! http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/wavey.gif

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 09:35 PM
#8 What was the name of the Blues Saxophone player that Lisa meets and eventually dies after their second appearance?

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 09:45 PM
Bleeding gums Murphy

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 09:50 PM
Bleeding gums Murphy

Yup. Your up.

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 09:51 PM
#9 What is/was the Cat Burglar's real name?

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 09:57 PM
#9 What is/was the Cat Burglar's real name? Malloy

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 10:04 PM
#10 - What does Bart write on his butt in "Bart VS. Australia"? :oops:

mickal555
2004-Oct-24, 10:06 PM
#9 What is/was the Cat Burglar's real name? Malloy
Yep

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 10:20 PM

"Don't tred on me"?

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 10:22 PM

"Don't tred on me"? =D>

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 10:32 PM
#11 - What April Fools gag did Bart play on Homer that lead to Homer being put into a coma (sp)?

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-24, 10:42 PM
Dynomite in the fridge?

(can't remember what he put in the fridge, but it was something to make it explode)

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-24, 10:49 PM
#11 - What April Fools gag did Bart play on Homer that lead to Homer being put into a coma (sp)?

A beer can he shook up in a paint can shaker.

SKY
2004-Oct-24, 10:56 PM

A beer can he shook up in a paint can shaker.

Correct. Exploding beer can

Your turn.

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-24, 11:10 PM
When the Van Houtens get divorced, what is the song that Kirk sings to Luann?

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-24, 11:13 PM
Can I borrow a feeling.

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 11:16 PM
Can I borrow a feeling. That's so romantic! :P

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-24, 11:34 PM
Can I borrow a feeling.

Correct.

I love that song. :P

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-24, 11:36 PM
Can I borrow a feeling.

Correct.

I love that song. :P

Haha, it's stuck in my head now!! #-o

Question #13 (a more difficult one): What is Moe's telephone number?

I thought I would step it up a bit. :D

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 11:47 PM

I thought I would step it up a bit. :DSMI-THER

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-24, 11:53 PM

I thought I would step it up a bit. :DSMI-THER

That's close enough to be correct, since after all phone numbers only have 7 digits even though Mr. Burns dials "SMITHERS." Well done Candy. =D>

Candy
2004-Oct-24, 11:58 PM
Question #14 (really really hard) - What are the Springfield founding principles? There are three! :D

You may have to google this one, but I give you a hint. :P

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-25, 04:32 AM
Well, since this has gone forever without being answered, I broke down and Googled :oops:

Chastity, Abstinence and Rootmarm

Candy
2004-Oct-25, 04:38 AM
Well, since this has gone forever without being answered, I broke down and Googled :oops:

Chastity, Abstinence and Rootmarm I love it when people break the rules for me. Good job. =D>

Monoxide Child
2004-Oct-25, 05:19 AM
How about a no googling rule? You can't really inforce it, but we can just hope for honesty?

Candy
2004-Oct-25, 05:21 AM
How about a no googling rule? You can't really inforce it, but we can just hope for honesty? Ok. :^o

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-25, 05:55 AM
Sorry.

mickal555
2004-Oct-25, 06:02 AM
I'll bet Candy googled up the Question :wink:

SKY
2004-Oct-25, 06:15 AM
BArox, I believe it's your question. :)

SKY
2004-Oct-26, 02:52 AM
Sorry BArox, but in the interest of keeping this going, I'll post a question. 8-[

#15. In the episode where Ned builds an amusment park to honor Maud, what turns out to be the source of everyone's hallucinations?

mickal555
2004-Oct-26, 03:00 AM
Sorry BArox, but in the interest of keeping this going, I'll post a question. 8-[

#15. In the episode where Ned builds an amusment park to honor Maud, what turns out to be the source of everyone's hallucinations?
Gas leakige

SKY
2004-Oct-26, 03:06 AM
Yup. Your turn.

mickal555
2004-Oct-26, 05:39 AM
Sorry I took a while I had to go back to class i ducked in the libary near the end of lunch.
Ok

Who was Marge's bowling teacher?

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-26, 05:41 AM
Jacques.

mickal555
2004-Oct-26, 05:44 AM
Jacques.
yep

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-26, 03:17 PM
Woo!

#17 - What is Patty and Selma's favorite TV show?

Humphrey
2004-Oct-26, 03:21 PM
McGuyver!!!

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-26, 03:30 PM
Well done. =D>

(I watched the episode where Selma marries Sideshow Bob last night, so it was on my mind)

Humphrey
2004-Oct-26, 04:02 PM
Well done. =D>

(I watched the episode where Selma marries Sideshow Bob last night, so it was on my mind)

Speaking of that, other than Sideshow Bob, who else has Selma married? Bunus points if you can give why they divorced too.

CTM VT 2K
2004-Oct-26, 04:15 PM
Well done. =D>

Speaking of that, other than Sideshow Bob, who else has Selma married? Bunus points if you can give why they divorced too.

Troy McLure. It was a Sham marriage for him to recover his career.

Humphrey
2004-Oct-26, 04:35 PM
:-D correct.

CTM VT 2K
2004-Oct-26, 04:40 PM
In the episode where Lisa learns what causes Bullies to attack Geeks, she names a Chemical compound that she discovered. What is it? (This is the same episode where Prof. Frink calls out "PI is exactly 3!") Bonus points if you can name her test subject.

hickboy
2004-Oct-26, 05:09 PM
Poindextrose

The bully was Francine

CTM VT 2K
2004-Oct-26, 05:21 PM
Correct. You win the Peanut Butter! =D>

hickboy
2004-Oct-26, 05:31 PM
Alright, an easy one:

Why does Homer become a missionary on an island in the South Pacific?

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-26, 05:38 PM
OK, third times the charm...

Homer becomes a missionary to escape thuggish PBS characters trying to collect on his pledge

Wally
2004-Oct-26, 05:39 PM
shot in the dark. . . Was it to hide from the mafia?

editted (after seeing Roving's response): I was close!

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-26, 05:53 PM
OK, to keep things moving before I have to run to a meeting...

Why does Grampa Simpson's US flag have only 49 stars?

hickboy
2004-Oct-26, 06:06 PM
OK, third times the charm...

Homer becomes a missionary to escape thuggish PBS characters trying to collect on his pledge

Correct

hickboy
2004-Oct-26, 06:11 PM
OK, to keep things moving before I have to run to a meeting...

Why does Grampa Simpson's US flag have only 49 stars?

I believe it is because he refuses to recognize Missouri

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-26, 07:05 PM
Keep numbering (and bolding) the questions. It makes things a bit easier to follow. :D

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-26, 07:25 PM
I believe it is because he refuses to recognize MissouriYep
I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah!

hickboy
2004-Oct-26, 07:34 PM
#22: When the Simpsons go to Cyprus Creek (so Homer can work for Globex), what is their address?

ahb
2004-Oct-26, 07:59 PM
#22: When the Simpsons go to Cyprus Creek (so Homer can work for Globex), what is their address?

74209 Maple Systems Road

(Crosses fingers hopes google did not let him down)

hickboy
2004-Oct-26, 08:10 PM
[quote=hickboy]
74209 Maple Systems Road

(Crosses fingers hopes google did not let him down)

Close, so close. Don't they normally live at 742 Evergreen Terrace?

I couldn't in good conscience not give it to you though... 15201 Maple Systems Road.

ahb
2004-Oct-26, 10:29 PM
#23: What cures Homer Simpson's baldness?

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-26, 11:22 PM
Dimoxonil

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-27, 05:49 PM
Dimoxonil

I think you're right but I'm not totally sure. Confirmation anyone?

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-27, 06:31 PM
Dimoxonil

I think you're right but I'm not totally sure. Confirmation anyone?

Confirmed by Google (with a minor spelling error), so let's continue on...

#24 - What is the name of the store where the Simpsons buy their swimming pool, and what is their motto?

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-29, 12:14 AM
#24 - What is the name of the store where the Simpsons buy their swimming pool, and what is their motto?
Since it has been a wile, I throw a guess: Pool Shark?

If that is correct, someone else might take the next question since I'm out of ideas and off to bed anyway.

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-29, 12:56 PM
Since it has been a wile, I throw a guess: Pool Shark?

If that is correct, someone else might take the next question since I'm out of ideas and off to bed anyway.

Pool Sharks, actually, but close enough.

What of the motto though?

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-29, 10:35 PM

Grr... I don't know, and google is of no help either :evil:

Oh, wait, what about "Where the Buyer Is Our Chum"? Thanks google, I owe you one :)

(sorry for cheating, but this was a tough one.

CTM VT 2K
2004-Oct-29, 10:39 PM

Grr... I don't know, and google is of no help either :evil: Oh, wait, "Where the Buyer Is Our Chum"? Thanks google, I owe you one :)

Really? I typed in "Simpsons Pool Sharks" and the first entry had it: "Where the customer is our chum"

If I'm correct, I'll pass on asking the next question... I'm going to bed.

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-29, 10:59 PM

Grr... I don't know, and google is of no help either :evil:

Oh, wait, what about "Where the Buyer Is Our Chum"? Thanks google, I owe you one :)

(sorry for cheating, but this was a tough one.

Well, I'm glad someone finally got it!

Robert Andersson
2004-Oct-29, 11:57 PM
Really? I typed in "Simpsons Pool Sharks" and the first entry had it: "Where the customer is our chum"
I had a stupid speling error on my first try.

Allow me then:

#25. What was the name of Ned's "amusement" park?

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-30, 12:06 AM
I had a stupid speling error on my first try.

Allow me then:

#25. What was the name of Ned's "amusement" park?

Praiseland (Wiggum later refers to it as Crazeland)

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-30, 01:16 AM
#26. What was the first thing ever to go wrong at Itchy & Scratchy Land?

Humphrey
2004-Oct-30, 01:21 AM
The robots go mad.

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-30, 01:37 AM
The robots go mad.

Nope, sorry. The first thing was much more innocuous.

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-30, 04:50 AM
Was it running out of "Bort" license plates?

Can't remember. It's been a long time since I've seen it.

mickal555
2004-Oct-30, 05:05 AM
was itt somthing that was miss spilled

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-30, 05:35 AM
Was it Mayor Quimby mispronouncing "possibly"?

tmosher
2004-Oct-30, 07:44 AM

If I remember correctly, they didn't have 'Bart" license plates but they did have 'Bort' ones.

Tom

CTM VT 2K
2004-Oct-30, 08:27 AM

It wasn't Mayor Quimby, but one of the Park Directors "Where nothing can possblye go wrong. Possibly go wrong." [pause] "That's the first thing that's ever gone wrong."

BAroxMysox
2004-Oct-30, 10:10 AM

If I remember correctly, they didn't have 'Bart" license plates but they did have 'Bort' ones.

Tom

At one point they did run out of Bort plates.

"We are out of Bort license plates. I repeat. We are out of Bort license plates."

Roving Philosopher
2004-Oct-30, 12:53 PM

It wasn't Mayor Quimby, but one of the Park Directors "Where nothing can possblye go wrong. Possibly go wrong." [pause] "That's the first thing that's ever gone wrong."

Normandy6644 had the correct mistake, though CTM VT 2K got who said it

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-30, 03:32 PM
Ah I know what I was thinking! I was thinking where Quimby mispronounced Springfield. D'oh! :lol:

AliCali
2004-Nov-04, 04:39 AM
So, where are we here? Who asks the next question?

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-04, 04:51 AM
I will, so we can keep things moving (start up again).

#27: (an easy one to get us back in the swing of things) What does Ralph Wiggum's cat's breath smell like?

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-04, 05:00 AM
cat food!

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-04, 05:30 AM
cat food!

Of course! :D

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-04, 05:47 AM
Ok, semi-tricky one here because it's the only thing I've noticed mix-up wise about the Simpsons that no one else has as far as I can tell. I'll have a few questions that lead to the answer.
This deals with two episodes. In the first, Marge says what Bart is allergic to. In another, Marge says what Bart's favorite dinner/ meal is after a trip to the dentist. What is he allergic to/ what is his favorite meal and why on earth did I notice this as being a mess-up? Should be fairly obvious if you have the two bits of information.

mickal555
2004-Nov-04, 06:00 AM
Was it butterscotch or somthing and marge used it in his dinner but she also said he was alergic?

Makgraf
2004-Nov-04, 06:00 AM
Well he only had 2 cavities so she'd make him butterscotch chicken.

So I'm guessing #1 is either a) butterscotch or b) chicken. Probably a) cause I'm sure they're had chicken before.

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-04, 05:39 PM
This one goes to mikal555. Marge says Bart is allergic to butterscotch and then says in a later episode that she's going to make him his favorite dish of butterscotch chicken. :-?
Mikal555, you're up!

mickal555
2004-Nov-04, 05:49 PM
ohh ok

In that SAME episode (homer go to mental house) bart writes a song for lisa what was the first (mean song) and the corrected nice song.

BTW its 3:30am here

Humphrey
2004-Nov-04, 05:57 PM
Do0n't remember the first song. But thew second is :"Lisa its your birthday" by a big white crazy Michael jackson impersonator. :-)

Severian
2004-Nov-04, 06:03 PM
The first song went something like

Lisa - her butt is big and green
Lisa - she smells like gas-o-line

I think. I can't remember the rest

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-04, 07:51 PM
Lisa - da da da Lisa!
She's my sister, on her birthday, I missed her!

(I think)

Rich
2004-Nov-04, 09:32 PM
Lisa - da da da Lisa!

(I think)

Close:

"Lisa - da da da... Lisa!
She is my sista, her birthday I missedah!"
I know the original tune but can't think of the name he sang it to.

Followed by the "Lisa it's your birthday... happy birthday Lisa..." song Bart wrote with the help of the white guy who thought he was Michael Jackson (or at least pretended to think so). Kind of ironic, huh?

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-04, 09:39 PM
Lisa - da da da Lisa!

(I think)

Close:

"Lisa - da da da... Lisa!
She is my sista, her birthday I missedah!"
I know the original tune but can't think of the name he sang it to.

I couldn't figure out how to spell it that way, but I was thinking of it in that tune! :D

Rich
2004-Nov-04, 10:29 PM
Reading your reply I realized my horrible sentence structure there. I should have said:
"I know the tune to which he sang the song, but can't think of the name of the original tune."

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-04, 10:33 PM
Reading your reply I realized my horrible sentence structure there. I should have said:
"I know the tune to which he sang the song, but can't think of the name of the original tune."

Haha, don't worry. I'm not grammar-picky. :D

Rich
2004-Nov-04, 10:37 PM
Me neither, except for with myself... and my co-workers because we all nitpick each other for fun. I don't know how it's fun, be we all laugh when we catch good spelling and grammar mistakes.

Anyway... don't y'all need a new question?

Humphrey
2004-Nov-04, 10:57 PM
Depends. I answered the first half, Severian got the second half.

But You Rich was the first to get both. So who won is anybody's guess. :-)

Rich
2004-Nov-04, 11:30 PM
Well, then... guess I'll throw my hat in there.

I think this is a difficult one since the answer to the second part of my two parter was edited out in all but the original airing:

#29. (?) When Homer is working for Hank Scorpio he wanders from room to room looking for something at one point. Finally, he finds Hank in a giant laser room and Hank is able to provide what Homer is looking for from his pockets. What was Homer looking for?

Bonus: #30. (?) Hank next asks Homer if he needs any ______ . To which Homer comically replies, "Uuuuuhmmmm... Nnnnnooooo...." What did Hank offer Homer?

Like I said part 2 is hard, because it only aired once... but I've got it on tape from the original airing! :D

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-04, 11:54 PM
Well, then... guess I'll throw my hat in there.

I think this is a difficult one since the answer to the second part of my two parter was edited out in all but the original airing:

#29. (?) When Homer is working for Hank Scorpio he wanders from room to room looking for something at one point. Finally, he finds Hank in a giant laser room and Hank is able to provide what Homer is looking for from his pockets. What was Homer looking for?

Bonus: #30. (?) Hank next asks Homer if he needs any ______ . To which Homer comically replies, "Uuuuuhmmmm... Nnnnnooooo...." What did Hank offer Homer?

Like I said part 2 is hard, because it only aired once... but I've got it on tape from the original airing! :D

Part 1: Sugar, which, oddly enough, Hank has in his pockets (not sugar packets, mind you, just sugar)

Part 2: Ummmm.... I'll have to think about that one...

Humphrey
2004-Nov-05, 12:08 AM
I'm guessing Creame for part 2. :-)

Rich
2004-Nov-05, 12:29 AM
Roving got the first part right. Humphrey guessed(?) the second.

I love that scene unedited. Sorry if I paraphrase some of the beginning

Homer walks in to the laser gun room as Hank tinkers with the giant laser.

Hank: Homer what country do you hate the least... France or Germany. (at least I think it was Germany).

Homer: Ummmmm, Germany.

Hank: HA! No one ever says France!
Hank lasers France

Hank: What can I do for you Homer? Need anything?

Homer: I've been looking all over for some sugar for my coffee and can't find any...

Hank: Why didn't you say so? (Hank proceeds to pull sugar out of his pockets, not in packets, and pile it into Homer's hands) Sorry it's not in packets.

Homer: Uhhh... thanks...

Hank: Need any cream?

Homer: Uuuuuuhhmmmmm..... Nnnnnnoooooo.....

HAHAHAHAHA! Made me sad that they cut what I consider to be one of the best final lines of any Simpsons scene ever.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-05, 12:57 AM
I seem to remember the creame part. I most likely saw it live, but i think they kept it in sindication. You sure they never shoewed it again?

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-05, 12:59 AM
I've seen it in syndication.

Rich
2004-Nov-05, 01:28 AM
Positive. I was taping a lot of Simpson's episodes in those days. Those were the best couple of seasons in my opinion.

Anyway, I taped it and watched it occasionally. The next time it aired in syndication that scene was cut short. I wasn't sure so I dug the tape of that episode out and sure enough it was missing. I've seen the episode several times now in markets in Omaha, D.C., Philly, and Dallas and they all were missing that last little bit. Don't know that it's cut in all markets though.

Tree House of Horrors IV is also missing almost 30 seconds of dialog when Prof. Frink is explaing the "3rd Dimension". He used to give a little speech, they almost always cut it out now though. He says, "Your husband is in the THIRD Dimension" Da-Da-DAAAA! And then they cut right to Wiggum saying, "Enough of your bore-ax poindexter..." Whereas inbetween they had some more stuff. Don't know why they did this one though, except to get another 20-30 seconds of commercial in there.

Waiting for season five to come out on DVD so I can see if the full scene is still on there.

Edit: Who's got the next question?

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-05, 01:42 AM
I remember there was the treehouse of horror episode where they did the Raven and they said:

Quoth the Raven
Bart: Eat my shorts!

I haven't seen it since though...

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-05, 01:49 AM
Ugh! I was afraid it might be cream. (oh, and it's France and Italy)

Normandy, That was the originial Treehouse of Horror. The "Eat my shorts" line was taken out for syndication, much to my dismay. They also took out a piece from the "Bad Dream House" segment, where The Simpsons discover their new house was built over an indian burial ground. After an irate conversation with the realtor (a la poltergeist), Homer discovers that the realtor had mentioned that fact "five or six times". I had completely forgotten about that part, until I watched it recently on the DVD.

Since Humphrey got the harder part of the question, I think the honor is his.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-05, 04:43 AM
No it was partially from your post. It was a vague memmory your sugar answer dug up, You go. But if not i will go.

mickal555
2004-Nov-05, 05:44 AM
Tree House of Horrors IV is also missing almost 30 seconds of dialog when Prof. Frink is explaing the "3rd Dimension". He used to give a little speech, they almost always cut it out now though. He says, "Your husband is in the THIRD Dimension" Da-Da-DAAAA! And then they cut right to Wiggum saying, "Enough of your bore-ax poindexter..." Whereas inbetween they had some more stuff.
?
Ohhh yeah
Frink: ok so here we have an ordinary square
Wiggum: wo wo wo your going way to fast Frink: but suppose we hypothticly exend the square like this
All: Gasp
Frink: we get a cube or a frinkahedron... in honer of its inventer

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-05, 02:50 PM
Alright, I'll go. Should be a simple one.

#31 - What was the name of Grandpa's military unit?

And a bonus question (answering this one is not required for full credit)

Bonus - What was the name of the most recently deceased member of his unit?

Humphrey
2004-Nov-05, 02:53 PM
Now if you asked what they stole i could tell you. :-)

Sigh...can't do this wihtout googleing. I can remember the episode, just not the names.

Rich
2004-Nov-05, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm... The fighting Hellfish?

I can't remember the name of the last guy who died without cheating.

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-05, 03:54 PM

The Fighting Hellfish it is!!

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-05, 05:34 PM

I think his name was Asa Phelps or something like that.

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-05, 06:11 PM

I think his name was Asa Phelps or something like that.

That's the one! =D>

Rich
2004-Nov-05, 09:28 PM
#32. In that same episode: One of Grandpa's war buddies was called "Ox". What was "Ox" short for?

Humphrey
2004-Nov-05, 10:05 PM
Oh now you are just ebing evil. What next: "Episode 203, 15 .3 minutes in whats the second letter of the third word said? " :-P

j/k

Hmm...i have no clue on this one. Damn. :-?

Rich
2004-Nov-05, 10:28 PM
:evil: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It is a tough one. But Normandy got Asa Phelps, which I couldn't remember.

I'll give a hint: Ox is the guy who explains the concept of a tontine (sp?).

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-05, 11:35 PM
:evil: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It is a tough one. But Normandy got Asa Phelps, which I couldn't remember.

I'll give a hint: Ox is the guy who explains the concept of a tontine (sp?).

It's not Oxford is it (perhaps as in Oxford English Dictionary)?

Rich
2004-Nov-05, 11:51 PM
You are corrrrrect Saar!

It was funny because he looked and talked like a great big ox but turned out to be pretty smart and eloquent.

Your turn Roving!

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-06, 12:03 AM
Alrighty, then...

#33 Episode 203, 15 .3 minutes in whats the second letter ... Just kidding

#33 What are the names of Nelson's three bully friends?

Odinoneeye
2004-Nov-06, 05:16 AM
Jimbo, Dolph and Kearny

You might want to count Kearny Jr. in there too!

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-06, 01:50 PM
Jimbo, Dolph and Kearny

You might want to count Kearny Jr. in there too!

Well done!

"I sleep in a drawer" - Kearny, Jr.

Odinoneeye
2004-Nov-06, 09:55 PM
#34 In a story detailing her childhood, Marge talks about doing Patty and Selma's chores to earn money. What was she trying to buy?

AliCali
2004-Nov-06, 10:53 PM
A little oven to make treats.

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-06, 11:40 PM
More specifically, an Easy-Bake oven.

AliCali
2004-Nov-07, 12:11 AM
Andromeda321 was more accurate, but I'm gonna ask the next question anyway.

#35 What's the name of the Itchy & Scratchy cartoon when Scratchy finally gets Itchy?

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 12:16 AM
Scratchy go bye bye

AliCali
2004-Nov-07, 12:57 AM
Scratchy go bye bye

Nice try, but no.

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 01:05 AM
Scratchy go bye bye

Nice try, but no.
ohh........ Fiddlesticks

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 01:20 AM
"Burning Down the Mouse"

I've always loved that.

We need the outlet for our rock tumbler.
Plug it in, Plug it in!
What, the rock tumbler or the TV?
The TV, the TV!

Classic.

AliCali
2004-Nov-07, 02:51 AM
"Burning Down the Mouse" is correct!

Also from that episode (assuming my memory is good): "Ooh, we played Dungeons and Dragons for seven hours, then I was killed by an elf."

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 04:05 AM
Is this #36?

Anyway...

What is the name of the villain in "Wiggum P.I."?

Humphrey
2004-Nov-07, 04:06 AM
Snake?

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 04:09 AM
Sorry, no.

Makgraf
2004-Nov-07, 04:26 AM
Okay Wiggum PI is the one in New Orleans. Uh... Mendoza?

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 04:33 AM
It was New Orleans, but not Mendoza, sorry.

Mendoza is McBain's enemy.

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 06:45 AM
BIG DADDY
Ralph: hey big dady theres regular daddy

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 06:57 AM
Well done!

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 07:03 AM
NO. 37 mahahahha sigh....
ok... :P WHat douse the cash register say when maggie is scaned :P :wink:

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 07:19 AM
NRA4EVER

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 07:20 AM
$847.63. The amount of money each month it takes to raise a kid.

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 07:21 AM
NRA4EVER

They said that in a Simpsons "Best of" type show, but it was a joke. :)

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 07:23 AM
NRA4EVER
DING DING DING

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 07:29 AM
NRA4EVER
DING DING DING

[-X Actually, if you view a DVD in slow motion you will see the answer I gave, but the "NRA4EVER" was quoted (as a joke) in an episode.

Unless your question was pertaining to that particular episode.

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 07:33 AM
NRA4EVER
DING DING DING

[-X Actually, if you view a DVD in slow motion you will see the answer I gave, but the "NRA4EVER" was quoted (as a joke) in an episode.

ohhh :oops: ](*,) #-o
um 8-[
er 8-[
{Panicking}
First person to post a quation
Starting n....................................ow

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 07:41 AM
NRA4EVER
DING DING DING

um 8-[
er 8-[
{Panicking}

:oops: Sorry, didn't mean that in a bad way :wink: .

Supreme can take it. It sounds like you were referrencing that one episode rather than the opening credits, sooooo in that case, TSC got the answer correct. :)

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 07:45 AM
NRA4EVER
DING DING DING

um 8-[
er 8-[
{Panicking}

:oops: Sorry, didn't mean that in a bad way :wink: .
I did't take it in a bad way :wink:

Supreme can take it. It sounds like you were referrencing that one episode rather than the opening credits, sooooo in that case, TSC got the answer correct. :)
You go... TSC is gone

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 07:50 AM
OK, Hard but funny one...

#38. What is the name of the Gun store in Springfield?

mickal555
2004-Nov-07, 07:55 AM
Hermans milatary supplies

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 07:56 AM
Hermans milatary supplies

Nope.

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-07, 03:17 PM
Herman's Military Antiques?

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-07, 06:15 PM
Herman's Military Antiques?
Nah, it's not Herman's shop. This would be from the episode where Homer joins the NRA. I can picture the store, and the guy who runs it, but I'm just drawing a blank on the name...

AliCali
2004-Nov-07, 06:37 PM

One of my favorite shop names:

"Blood Bath & Beyond" (Or was it "Bloodbath & Beyond?")

SKY
2004-Nov-07, 06:39 PM

One of my favorite shop names:

"Blood Bath & Beyond" (Or was it "Bloodbath & Beyond?")

Bloodbath & Beyond it is.

AliCali
2004-Nov-07, 06:43 PM
#39 According to Ralph, what do electrocuted convicts smell like?"

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-07, 07:24 PM
Hot dogs?

AliCali
2004-Nov-07, 07:33 PM
Hot Dogs is correct.

Such great Ralph lines came from that episode, especially these two in a row:

"There's my sand box; I'm not allowed to go in the deep end. And that's where I saw a Leprechaun; he told me to burn things!"

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-08, 04:27 AM
"Good job Ralphie, now you know what you have to do, burn the house down, burn them all."

Might be a bit tough, but here goes.

#40 Where does Homer sentence Bart to work in order to pay off his deaf sister's "cake"?

AliCali
2004-Nov-08, 05:02 AM
I know the episode, and I'm picturing Homer yelling in front of Dr. Hibbert.

I'm guessing Sulfur Mines?

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-08, 05:25 AM
I'm going to say salt mines.

mickal555
2004-Nov-08, 05:43 AM
"Good job Ralphie, now you know what you have to do, burn the house down, burn them all."

Might be a bit tough, but here goes.

#40 Where does Homer sentence Bart to work in order to pay off his deaf sister's "cake"?
I can't remember the eposode:-s

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-08, 06:31 AM
You're both close, but not quite ;)

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-08, 07:12 AM
The Acid Mines!

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-08, 07:14 AM
The Acid Mines!

Bingo!

Absolutely classic how Homer says it.

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-08, 07:28 AM
In that same episode, they start grifting to pay for something. What was it? Bonus points for identifying the cause.

mickal555
2004-Nov-08, 07:31 AM
toe clippers?

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-08, 04:36 PM
In that same episode, they start grifting to pay for something. What was it? Bonus points for identifying the cause.

Car repairs, caused by a fish dropped from the space station.

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-08, 04:37 PM

Correct! I believe it was a swordfish dropped from Mir.

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-08, 04:50 PM

Correct! I believe it was a swordfish dropped from Mir.

As I recall, the mechanic says something like "That's a foreign fish. I'm gonna need to order special parts". :lol:

Anyway, on to the next question...

#42 After Sideshow Bob tracks down the Simpsons in the Witness Protection Program, Bart's last request is that Bob sing the entire score of a musical. What was the musical?

mid
2004-Nov-08, 04:56 PM
I'm wanting to say Madame Butterfly, for some unknown reason.

JimTKirk
2004-Nov-08, 05:01 PM
Horatio Hornblower

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-08, 05:07 PM
I'm wanting to say Madame Butterfly, for some unknown reason.

Horatio Hornblower
No and No

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-08, 05:10 PM
The H.M.S. Pinafore.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-08, 05:13 PM
Damn, i can see the scene, even how it ended. But damit, i cant remember th song!

Glad you put in the Witness protection program part because this happened more than once. :-)

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-08, 05:30 PM
The H.M.S. Pinafore.

We have a winner! =D>

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-08, 05:56 PM
In that same episode, the Simpsons were relocated. What was the name of the town they were relocated to?

Humphrey
2004-Nov-08, 05:58 PM
No clue, but they sure like their Rakes. :-P

Roving Philosopher
2004-Nov-08, 06:07 PM
In that same episode, the Simpsons were relocated. What was the name of the town they were relocated to?
Cape Fear, as I recall.

Edit: Bah! My memory fails me...

Robert Andersson
2004-Nov-08, 07:17 PM
Terror Lake?

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-08, 08:46 PM
Terror Lake?

I believe we have a winner!

Robert Andersson
2004-Nov-08, 10:31 PM
Terror Lake?

I believe we have a winner!
What? ME? 8-[

I don't know what to say... hrmph... first, I want to thank my mother and everyone else who made this possible. Secondly, In an episode where Marge tells some stories, Bart "plays" Mozart. Which character was used to depict Beethoven?

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-08, 10:31 PM
Nelson.

Robert Andersson
2004-Nov-08, 10:39 PM
Nelson.
Correct. =D>

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-08, 10:43 PM
Alright. In what show did the Simpsons originally appear?

(Hint: It's not "The Simpsons")

NASA Fan
2004-Nov-08, 11:05 PM
The Tracy Ulman Show.

They were usually only a few minutes long, rather than the 30 minute long shows we know today.

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-08, 11:06 PM
Yep! On to you...

NASA Fan
2004-Nov-08, 11:09 PM
Let me do a little research so I can come up with something.

OK, got something.

What is Selma and Patty's pet lizard called?

DogB
2004-Nov-08, 11:45 PM
Let me do a little research so I can come up with something.

OK, got something.

What is Selma and Patty's pet lizard called?

Jub jub?

NASA Fan
2004-Nov-08, 11:56 PM
Yes

DogB
2004-Nov-08, 11:58 PM
OK

How did snowball 1 die?

P.

NASA Fan
2004-Nov-09, 12:00 AM
Did she choke on a hairball?

DogB
2004-Nov-09, 12:04 AM
Sorry, no.

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-09, 12:24 AM
Was hit by a Chrystler according to Lisa's poem

DogB
2004-Nov-09, 12:27 AM
Was hit by a Chrystler according to Lisa's poem

Kee-rect, your turn.

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-09, 12:39 AM
Alright. :)
What is the name of "the elf who cannot love" according to Lisa?

mickal555
2004-Nov-09, 01:10 AM
Remorseful

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-09, 01:34 AM
Nope.

Though I must wonder just how weird a TV-show it would be to have an elf named "Remorseful" on it... :wink:

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Nov-09, 02:10 AM
Lucky?

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-09, 03:08 AM
Negative

Humphrey
2004-Nov-09, 04:26 AM
WAG: Bart?

AliCali
2004-Nov-09, 05:06 AM
Alright. :)
What is the name of "the elf who cannot love" according to Lisa?

Bart: "You know what happens...the elves dance around like morons, I puke, the end."

Lisa: "You're just like Chilly, the elf who cannot love"

(Edited to add character names)

mickal555
2004-Nov-09, 05:42 AM
Nope.

Though I must wonder just how weird a TV-show it would be to have an elf named "Remorseful" on it... :wink:
HE's one of the 7 duffs
along with Surrly and Quizy

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-09, 06:29 AM
AliCali, you're right! =D>
And mikal555, I realized that. But I just thought it would be weird if one of the Happy Little Elves was "Remorseful."

AliCali
2004-Nov-09, 06:36 AM
My wife asked this question today, and I thought it'd be just right for here:

Why does Sideshow Mel have a bone in his hair?

mickal555
2004-Nov-09, 06:47 AM
He tried 2 remove gum with it "don't use a bone... it just makes it worse"