PDA

View Full Version : G4 shows cancelled.

R.A.F.
2012-Oct-27, 02:00 AM
Here (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=770738) is the link. Can't say I'm too surprised since AOTS lost one of it's hosts, and haven't replaced him.

I really did like Xplay...too bad.

Jeff Root
2012-Oct-27, 03:25 AM
I never heard of either of these programs or the network.
Can you tell me a bit about them?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

R.A.F.
2012-Oct-27, 03:29 AM
Turns out that it's not all "bad news".

Starting on November 5th, and continuing for a week and a half, John Barrowman will be co-hosting Attack of the Show. Having watched his previous Co-hosting of ATOS, I strongly recommend everyone watch.

R.A.F.
2012-Oct-27, 03:38 AM
I never heard of either of these programs or the network.
Can you tell me a bit about them?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Well, G4 was the "child" of the old Tech TV network. It's focus' was on games/technology/geeks stuff. It was a "local" (California) cable station.

Then the station name was changed to G4, keeping essentially the same format, and (I assumed) it's viewership had grown to be more than just a "local" station...but since I live here, I have no way of knowing.

SkepticJ
2012-Oct-27, 04:34 AM
That channel's still around, huh?

I used to love Tech TV, then it switched to G4 and I couldn't tell the difference between it and Spike TV, so I quit watching. Sometime after that Direct TV didn't have it in the channel list any longer and I figured it had gone under.

novaderrik
2012-Oct-27, 01:58 PM
AOTS was pretty ok when it first came on... then i lost track of it and tried watching it a couple of months ago.. it wasn't as "real" as it was in the beginning.

publiusr
2012-Nov-03, 04:47 PM
I loved Attack of the Show. This has me steamed.

Durakken
2012-Nov-03, 05:03 PM
It's a good thing those are the only 2 original programs on G4 and the only reason I'd ever turn on G4 is AOTS... well that's another station i don't have to care about when i deal with TV stuff.

publiusr
2013-Jan-26, 07:18 PM
The last episode of AOTS has aired (maybe one or two best of repeats)
From the wiki:

"On January 23, 2013, Attack of the Show! televised its final original episode on G4. After a brief montage of clips from AOTS history, the series ended with former Screen Savers hosts Patrick Norton and Leo Laporte in a coffee shop, acting as if the entire run of AOTS had been a dream. They then don "rocket packs" and fly off to work in a skyscraper adorned with the old TechTV logo, as the Screen Savers theme plays one last time."

Shades of "The Last Newhart."