PDA

View Full Version : What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Jpax2003
2004-Oct-25, 08:23 PM
Is anyone here going to dress up for Halloween festivities? If so, what is your costume?

Disclaimer: this thread in no way shape or form is meant to condone any religion or religious activity or lack thereof. Nor is it meant to condone the smasing of pumpkins, the chunkin of punkins, the digestion of candy or lack thereof. All sales are final and no lawyer will call. Historical activity is no promise of future performance. Don't go swimming for at least 30 minutes after eating halloween candy and please have an adult check it, or x-ray it prior to eating.Keep your hands inside the car and don't stand up until the aircraft comes to a complete stop.

Tranquility
2004-Oct-25, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna dress up as myself :-?

Humphrey
2004-Oct-25, 08:38 PM
Don't go swimming for at least 30 minutes after eating halloween candy[ snip]

I have the firm belief that this is a urban myth. :-)

Hmm, what will i dress up as? Well one of my minions told me he was going to make me a costume of the finest materiels possible. He is going to surprise me with it on Haloween. I shall wear it all day. Ahhhhhh...The beauties of being a Emperor.

;-)

Seriously? Not dressing up and just sitting home watching TV.

BlueAnodizeAl
2004-Oct-25, 08:50 PM
Ever read the "Emperor's New Clothes"? Please tell me that Rachel dresses you better than that. If not we don't want to hear of it here. :o

Ut
2004-Oct-25, 08:51 PM
I was thinking Linus, of the Great Pumpkin fame. The party I'm going to is having a famous couples theme, and I figured Linus and his blanket count...

Gullible Jones
2004-Oct-25, 08:53 PM
Myself. Which should really be enough to scare the bejeezus out of anyone who comes to my door. :lol:

Tranquility
2004-Oct-25, 08:55 PM
Yeah when we sit for too long in front of computer screens and avoid the civilization outside the confines of our rooms we tend to get a little pasty :D

TrAI
2004-Oct-25, 09:04 PM
Well, I am not going to do anything special, indeed I do not really support Halloween at all, I expect its importation was just some conspiracy to make money by veiled as fun for the children. It doesn't seem very popular around here anyway.

Humphrey
2004-Oct-25, 09:07 PM
Ever read the "Emperor's New Clothes"? Please tell me that Rachel dresses you better than that. If not we don't want to hear of it here. :oWait, my Minion said that the costume was origonal! I see he stole it from a pre-modern civilization catalogue!

Sigh.....You can;t get good help these days....

"Henry! Your costume is not origonal, back to the dungeons for you! The Reporters need feeding!"

Maksutov
2004-Oct-25, 09:26 PM
The plan here is to be a kite-flying Thetan Zetan played by that old mother Hubbard channeling Nancy who will be spouting such epithets as "A Sitchin time saves nein."

No yelling "Trick or Treat!"

Instead, after Kaysing the joint under a strangely-shaped, out-of-position Moon, it will be "I'm here to abduct your candy!" No Barter system required.

Then one needs only to just walk away, Rene...

Candy
2004-Oct-25, 10:30 PM
Here's my costume! Can you guess what or who I am? 8-[

http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/Skelleton_runs.gif

tjm220
2004-Oct-25, 10:32 PM
Here's my costume! Can you guess what or who I am? 8-[

http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/Skelleton_runs.gif

All that's left of you since so many people are going to be eating candy this halloween. :wink:

Candy
2004-Oct-25, 10:36 PM
All that's left of you since so many people are going to be eating candy this halloween. :wink: :lol: I didn't think of that one! =D>

Andromeda321
2004-Oct-25, 10:37 PM
I'm going to be Trinity from the Matrix. Got the jacket from a friend, have sunglasses that are that type, and I'm gonna wear all black. Oh, and my hair was recently cut two inches so it looks short. 8)

Candy
2004-Oct-25, 10:49 PM
I was thinking Linus, of the Great Pumpkin fame. The party I'm going to is having a famous couples theme, and I figured Linus and his blanket count...
What kind of blanket is it? :lol:

Just kidding, it's better to focus on studies then girls right now! :wink:

Gullible Jones
2004-Oct-25, 10:55 PM
Hmm... Speaking of Linus and Trinity, is anyone here going to impersonate Linus Torvalds?

Jpax2003
2004-Oct-25, 11:05 PM
Hmm... Speaking of Linus and Trinity, is anyone here going to impersonate Linus Torvalds?How does someone dress up as an Open Source GUI... umm, nevermind, I don't want to know. 8-[

Gullible Jones
2004-Oct-25, 11:16 PM
You could always dress up as a penguin...

TrAI
2004-Oct-25, 11:20 PM
Hmm... Speaking of Linus and Trinity, is anyone here going to impersonate Linus Torvalds?

You could always don the penguin Tux. Or if thats not your thing, perhaps a nice red Chuck-suit? :P

frenat
2004-Oct-26, 12:12 AM
I saw a shirt at target that was plain black with the words "this is my costume" I wanted that but the wife wouldn't let me.

Ilya
2004-Oct-26, 05:11 AM
I doubt I will dress up this year, but last time I did, I wore a pirate costume with floppy disks hung all over it. Get it?

Harvestar
2004-Oct-26, 06:40 AM
I think my boyfriend and I will go as Steve and Terri Irwin (Crocodile Hunter and his wife). Easy costume for us and he can do a scarily good impression of Steve Irwin! :o

mickal555
2004-Oct-26, 06:45 AM
We don't realy celibrate halloween (or thakgiving {I have no idea what it is})it's more of an american thing I think but if I did I would dress up as the paporazi with fake mask faces and,and diposiple flash camera's (with no film) and have a controler to I can flash amout 16 or 18 in a sequence Flash........Flash flash...Flash flash Flash flash..........Flash flash Flash flashFlash flash Flash flash.....Flash flash Flash flashFlash flash Flash flashFlash flash Flash flashFlash flash Flash flash...!!!!!!!!!!
Every one love's their picture being taken.

Maksutov
2004-Oct-26, 06:46 AM
I think my boyfriend and I will go as Steve and Terri Irwin (Crocodile Hunter and his wife). Easy costume for us and he can do a scarily good impression of Steve Irwin! :o

Right. And you get one of those realistic baby dolls to dangle over a stuffed alligator. 8)

mickal555
2004-Oct-26, 06:49 AM

Right. And you get one of those realistic baby dolls to dangle over a stuffed alligator. 8)

He wasn't actully dangling him over the croc just the angle...........

Ut
2004-Oct-26, 06:49 AM

Are you daft? Why go out partying at all if I'm not supposed to think of girls?

Humphrey
2004-Oct-26, 01:19 PM

Free Pizza.

Tranquility
2004-Oct-26, 01:30 PM

Free Pizza.

And beer.

Paul Beardsley
2004-Oct-26, 02:46 PM
I haven't decided yet.

A lot of people are going as themselves. I'm thinking of going as someone else I know of who is also called Paul Beardsley. But as I haven't actually met him, I don't know what he looks like, so I'll probably just wear some clothes I don't wear all that often and hope that the other Paul Beardsley wears similar clothes.

Or I might go as a Boulinder. (A Boilinder is something I used to have dreams about when I was very little. It scared the life out of me, so it's appropriate for Halloween. Unfortunately Boulinders are very thin and I need to lose weight.)

Or I might go as Pyramid Head out of Silent Hill. That's really scary.

Or the baby out of Eraserhead. Again, I'd have to lose weight.

I'm just waffling because I'm bored.

AstroSmurf
2004-Oct-26, 03:23 PM
Looks like I won't be doing anything special this year either. Halloween is still regarded as a strange foreign custom here in Sweden, though the younger generation are starting to pick it up. The traditional custom is to visit the graves of dead relatives and friends, and place a candle there - no costumes involved. The only dead relatives I have are buried ~300 miles away, so I won't be doing that either.

Also, the whole "costume party" thing is a little anticlimactic to me, since I party in medieval clothing more or less regularly.

(I just realised I wrote "younger generation" :o I'm getting old!!!)

Candy
2004-Oct-26, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking of going as someone else I know of who is also called Paul Beardsley. But as I haven't actually met him, I don't know what he looks like, so I'll probably just wear some clothes I don't wear all that often and hope that the other Paul Beardsley wears similar clothes. Is the other Paul Beardsley a professor? JW

Ut
2004-Oct-26, 03:36 PM

Free Pizza.

I think Tranquility is closer. The costume party's being held at a pub...

Donnie B.
2004-Oct-26, 11:44 PM
I'm dressing up as Guy-that-answers-the-door-when-the-trick-or-treaters-ring-the-bell.

Dark Helmet
2004-Oct-27, 12:12 AM
I have a scary costume, see?

My Halloween Costume (http://members.cox.net/dark_helmet/me.jpg)

because a Nightmare Armor suit was too expensive

Tobin Dax
2004-Oct-27, 05:49 AM
I have a scary costume, see?

My Halloween Costume (http://members.cox.net/dark_helmet/me.jpg)

because a Nightmare Armor suit was too expensive

Hey, that's made me scream a large number of times.

I thought about dressing as a normal person (i.e. a non-physicist), but that might be too hard to pull off. :D Hmm, I might want to come up with something, though, if I'm going to crash my ex-officemate's halloween party, (which she did invite me to do, btw). Being as here apartment is in the same building as mine, it's easy enough to do. Yeah, I guess I gotta start thinking about this harder. :D 8-[

[edit for spelling--maybe I should dress up as a turtle :wink: ]

mid
2004-Oct-27, 10:10 AM
I'm dressing up as Guy-that-answers-the-door-when-the-trick-or-treaters-ring-the-bell.

Really? I'm going to be dressed just the opposite.

Wally
2004-Oct-29, 12:05 PM
I've been wracking my brain all week, trying to figure out something imaginative for my party on Sat. I've got access to a bunch of mundane custumes, but figured I'd rather not dress up at all as opposed to being mundane.

I was reading the star trek thread over at BT,BM,ND, when it occurred to me. One of the custumes at my disposal is a set of doctor's scrubs, complete with stethescope. Had my girlfriend run down to the store and pick up some pointy elf ears. Add a baby doll, and a phaser. . .

Yes, I will be going as. . . Dr. Spock! 8)

[editted to correct typo.]

Gmann
2004-Oct-29, 01:21 PM
I'm going to be working that night, so I will be dressed as a forklift operator who thinks his boss is a complete moron. It won't be too out of character, since I've been dressing like that every night for years.

ChesleyFan
2004-Oct-29, 01:34 PM
I was going to go as Luke Skywalker on Dagobah (I bought one of those lightsabers from Borders and am trying to justify the purchase). But I couldn't find a Yoda doll to stick in a backpack, so instead I'm going to dress as a cowboy (to justify the purchase of my cowboy hat).

Wally
2004-Oct-29, 02:04 PM
I was going to go as Luke Skywalker on Dagobah (I bought one of those lightsabers from Borders and am trying to justify the purchase). But I couldn't find a Yoda doll to stick in a backpack, so instead I'm going to dress as a cowboy (to justify the purchase of my cowboy hat).

Take the light saber with you, and walk in the stilted, semi-limping manner of John Wayne. When people ask you who you are, you can answer

[john wayne voice]

The Luke!

[/john wayne voice]

(get it. . . Luke/Duke. . . 8-[ )

ChesleyFan
2004-Oct-29, 07:44 PM
Ha.

Sadly, I think that's genius. :)

Silent Knight
2004-Oct-29, 08:15 PM
Nor is it meant to condone the smasing of pumpkins, the chunkin of punkins, the digestion of candy or lack thereof.

When I was in either jr high or elementary I was on a chat room and a girl asked me if I liked smashing pumpkins.. I wasn't familiar with the band... :oops:

Ut
2004-Oct-29, 08:39 PM
I've switched costumes from Linus to Tycho Brahe.

The Tycho Brahe from Penny Arcade, not Mr. Exploding Bladder Syndrome.

My room mate is going as Gabe. It'll be awesome.

Candy
2004-Oct-29, 09:24 PM

My room mate is going as Gabe. It'll be awesome. Photo's please. I have got to see you in a pair of tights. :P

Lurker
2004-Oct-29, 10:30 PM
I'm going as a psychotic killer...

I don't need a costume... we look like everyone else... 8-[

8)

Actually I can't decide. I may wear a chainmalle outfit or I may wear my Pagan Leather Outfit (http://www.weblogimages.com/v.p?uid=tmongoo&pid=216172&sid=ZpQ77enzP9)

Tobin Dax
2004-Oct-30, 12:51 AM

8)

Without a doubt, one of Christina Ricci's best lines (well, pre-puberty anyway 8-[ ).

Jpax2003
2004-Oct-30, 03:44 AM

8)

Without a doubt, one of Christina Ricci's best lines (well, pre-puberty anyway 8-[ ).I prefer her curves, but anyway....

I'm going to be working that night, so I will be dressed as a forklift operator who thinks his boss is a complete moron. It won't be too out of character, since I've been dressing like that every night for years.I was a forklift operator once upon a time. My boss was a moron too!

Nor is it meant to condone the smasing of pumpkins, the chunkin of punkins, the digestion of candy or lack thereof.
When I was in either jr high or elementary I was on a chat room and a girl asked me if I liked smashing pumpkins.. I wasn't familiar with the band... Well it's a Northern Illinois tradition for high school boys to go around the town smashing jack-o-lanterns and decorated pumpkins to gooey gobs of goard. The band Smashing Pumpkins is from Chicago too.

Lurker
2004-Oct-30, 04:03 AM
I prefer her curves, but anyway....
Soulless heathen!! [-(

:wink:

Brady Yoon
2004-Oct-30, 05:49 AM
I was going to be a ringwraith from the Lord of the Rings. :)

Gmann
2004-Oct-30, 12:50 PM
Well it's a Northern Illinois tradition for high school boys to go around the town smashing jack-o-lanterns and decorated pumpkins to gooey gobs of goard.

High School? I was doing that kind of stuff in Evanston while I was still in 3rd grade. I must have started early.

Paul Beardsley
2004-Oct-30, 05:23 PM
Is the other Paul Beardsley a professor? JW

I think there is a Professor Paul Beardsley. He's into geometry or some such brainy subject.

I was actually thinking of a Paul Beardsley who subscribed to the sci fi/media magazine SFX back in the late 90s, at the same time that I was writing book reviews for the same magazine. One day I phoned the editor to get some more books to review. The editor proceeded to tell me off for entering a competition to win a Dalek. "These competitions are not open to employees and freelancers!" he told me. I assured him I had not entered the competition - I don't want a Dalek!

Anyway, it was obviously this other Paul Beardsley who had entered the comp. I think his entry was disallowed, which was rather unfair on him.

Ut
2004-Oct-30, 06:45 PM
Well it's a Northern Illinois tradition for high school boys to go around the town smashing jack-o-lanterns and decorated pumpkins to gooey gobs of goard.

High School? I was doing that kind of stuff in Evanston while I was still in 3rd grade. I must have started early.

Started in grade 3? I think I grew out of it in grade 3...

Tranquility
2004-Oct-31, 04:33 AM

This could go on for a while :D

mickal555
2004-Oct-31, 05:40 AM
Well its the night of halloween I wonder if anyone trip or treets aroud here I don't have any lollies... what else {looks around}Well I do have a hell of a lot of Flopply disks....

Candy
2004-Oct-31, 05:42 AM

My room mate is going as Gabe. It'll be awesome. Photo's please. I have got to see you in a pair of tights. :P I'm still wondering about Ut. 8-[

mickal555
2004-Oct-31, 12:29 PM
hmmm no haloween here ie. no kids wandering around at night

Gmann
2004-Oct-31, 12:40 PM

This could go on for a while :D

As it shall. It is true that 3rd graders are very adept at simply smashing a pumpkin, but I devised an "M-80" candle which I used to replace the one the owner had used to illuminate his carefully decorated treasure. Needless to say, pumpkins would "spontaineously detonate" about 45 minutes after I had left their doorstep. The average 3rd grader does not posess the inventivness, intellect, or M-80's to pull that one off. :D

Ut
2004-Oct-31, 03:32 PM

My room mate is going as Gabe. It'll be awesome. Photo's please. I have got to see you in a pair of tights. :P I'm still wondering about Ut. 8-[

Photos could be a long time coming, since I don't have a digital camera. Also, I didn't wear any tights, so you'll probably be somewhat disappointed.

Dark Helmet
2004-Oct-31, 05:29 PM
I really wanted to dress up as Master Cheif from Halo.

Nightmare Armor, Master Cheif suits (http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/)

junkyardfrog
2004-Oct-31, 05:48 PM
I'm going to be the scariest of all....

I'm going as a telemarketer!

;)

Jpax2003
2004-Oct-31, 06:56 PM
I'm going to be the scariest of all....

I'm going as a telemarketer!

;)We still have those? I thought they were all in the subcontinent now. Be careful, you'll scare half the people, and the other half will chase you out of town.

Ut
2004-Oct-31, 10:41 PM
I really wanted to dress up as Master Cheif from Halo.

Nightmare Armor, Master Cheif suits (http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/)

I sort of wanted to go as Church from RvB.

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-01, 05:12 AM
Ok, who wants to see my costume? :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Andromeda321/halloweentrinity.jpg
Yes, I had a squirt gun on me and yes I can do a high kick. Those seem to be the first two questions people ask...

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-01, 06:47 AM
That's awesome! :D

Yes, I had a squirt gun on me and yes I can do a high kick

Yes, but how high? :lol:

Wally
2004-Nov-01, 03:53 PM
You look great Andromeda! But, shouldn't you have slicked your hair back flat to your head??? :)

Lurker
2004-Nov-01, 06:05 PM
I dressed in black for Halloween... but I didn't look anywhere near that good... #-o

Ut
2004-Nov-01, 06:56 PM
Now for the hard questions: Can you hover in mid air? And can you do that crazy disappearing-in-the-phone-booth trick?

Humphrey
2004-Nov-01, 06:58 PM
Now for the hard questions: Can you hover in mid air? And can you do that crazy disappearing-in-the-phone-booth trick?Can you act Badly? Can you have blank stares for hours on end? Can you utter whole sentances without ever really saying anything substancial? :-P

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-01, 07:32 PM
Now for the hard questions: Can you hover in mid air? And can you do that crazy disappearing-in-the-phone-booth trick?
Can you act Badly? Can you have blank stares for hours on end? Can you utter whole sentances without ever really saying anything substancial?
Follow the fox and he will lead you to the answers. :wink: