PDA

View Full Version : Swift promoted to Administrator

ToSeek
2012-Nov-14, 08:17 PM
Antoniseb and I decided that we needed at least one more person with access to the Administrator control panel, and Swift was clearly the most logical candidate for the position. He has accepted, and we're currently in the process of upgrading him. (For some reason this involves more than just changing a single setting.) Anyhow, please treat him as you would treat us (if not better).

Moose
2012-Nov-14, 08:25 PM
Cool. 'Grats, Swift.

pzkpfw
2012-Nov-14, 09:11 PM
Good choice. (Um, not that the others would be bad choices...).

I welcome my new amphibian overlord.

Buttercup
2012-Nov-14, 09:21 PM
Meanwhile, I get a rock. :mad:

...I get no appreciation around here; hmmmph!!

(Congrats Swift)

NEOWatcher
2012-Nov-14, 09:39 PM
I agree... Great choice. He's also around a lot to observe the goings on.

Anyhow, please treat him as you would treat us (if not better).
Not me. I'm going to be nice instead.

ABR.
2012-Nov-14, 10:04 PM
Antoniseb and I decided that we needed at least one more person with access to the Administrator control panel, and Swift was clearly the most logical candidate for the position. He has accepted, and we're currently in the process of upgrading him. (For some reason this involves more than just changing a single setting.) Anyhow, please treat him as you would treat us (if not better).

For some reason I'm picturing this Administrator Control Panel as a row of Daleks all screaming, "Administrate!"

Congratulations, Swift!

Jason Thompson
2012-Nov-14, 10:13 PM
we're currently in the process of upgrading him.

Is anyone else having visions of him being strapped down and turned into a Cyberman now?

No? Just me? Ok then, I'll get my coat....

Noclevername
2012-Nov-14, 11:49 PM
Congratulations on taking on more work, Swift! ;)

grapes
2012-Nov-15, 12:14 AM
Congrats on the promotion Swift! We're all behind you.

John Jones
2012-Nov-15, 01:07 AM
SWIFT!

R.A.F.
2012-Nov-15, 01:16 AM

That's right...put him out front where he can do the most damage. :D

Glad I 've been "good" lately. :)

Congratulations, Swift!!

megrfl
2012-Nov-15, 01:25 AM

Swift?

What

were

you

guys

thinking?

You guys know *good and darn well that he's prone to
stress induced hives and rashes and that he suffers from mild
Touretts and and that he prefers the company of ferrets and squirrels over human interaction.

Oh wait, I was thinking of someone else.

Anyway.

Congrats Swift!!!

You deserve it, for real.

And I mean that in a good way.

*homage to a friend.

KaiYeves
2012-Nov-15, 02:13 AM
Congratulations, Swift!

It's okay, Buttercup, that rock looks like it has quartz crystals inside.

Swift
2012-Nov-15, 02:27 AM
For some reason I'm picturing this Administrator Control Panel as a row of Daleks all screaming, "Administrate!"

Is anyone else having visions of him being strapped down and turned into a Cyberman now?
Oh, no, its much worse than that. More like your doctoral prelim, with Daleks as your committee.

... and that he suffers from mild Touretts and and that he prefers the company of ferrets and squirrels over human interaction.
Squirrel! http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1676509433/doug_up_normal.jpg

I'd just like to thank all the little people, without whom Dorothy would never have gotten back to Kansas.

OMG, what have I done. :surprised:

tusenfem
2012-Nov-15, 07:21 AM
Well I guess everything will go a lot swifter then (ughhhhhhhh!)

PetersCreek
2012-Nov-15, 07:47 AM
Congrats, Swift!

Just don't get a big head and forget who the Sausage Gawd is.

pzkpfw
2012-Nov-15, 07:56 AM
Well I guess everything will go a lot swifter then (ughhhhhhhh!)

And in other news, a moderator was fired today...

Enemy
2012-Nov-15, 08:45 AM
Do we ever find out what swift is being punished for?

Jim
2012-Nov-15, 12:32 PM
Okay, dirty little secret time...

Swift was getting on the nerves of the other Mods. All the time with the "We had a problem so I took care of it." He was leaving nothing for the rest of us to have fun with do.We had really had it with him.

So, we asked ToSeek and Antoniseb to do something about it... nothing too drastic, just appropriate.

They chose wisely.

(Yes, that can be taken two ways. I can be subtle.)

NEOWatcher
2012-Nov-15, 01:00 PM
Swift was getting on the nerves of the other Mods. All the time with the "We had a problem so I took care of it." He was leaving nothing for the rest of us to have fun with do.We had really had it with him.
I see...
Are we talking about the Peter Principle or the Dilbert Principle?

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Nov-15, 01:39 PM
There goes the neighborhood.
(congrats Swift.)

spjung
2012-Nov-15, 03:11 PM
Congratulations, Swift-cutus of BAUT.

Torsten
2012-Nov-15, 04:41 PM
Congratulations, Swift.

slang
2012-Nov-15, 10:03 PM
I'd never taken this job had I known he was going to be boss!

danscope
2012-Nov-15, 10:38 PM
Congratulations, Swift. A good person for the job.
Best regards,
Dan

John Mendenhall
2012-Nov-16, 12:13 AM

Don't look back, they might be gaining.

Congratulations, Swift.

Solfe
2012-Nov-16, 12:18 AM
Congratulations Swift! (Can we all step forward again?)

Swift
2012-Nov-16, 02:51 AM
By the way, in a moment of seriousness, thank you all.

Moose
2012-Nov-16, 12:21 PM
[...] in a moment of seriousness [...]

Who are you, and what have you done with Swift?

ShinAce
2012-Nov-16, 03:16 PM

You're welcome!

Oh, and by the way, congrats! Thanks for your continued dedication.

FarmMarsNow
2012-Nov-17, 03:35 AM
To think that I know Swift, an administrator. I am connected to a famous person! I'm a fame magnet.

Tensor
2012-Nov-17, 04:48 AM

Does this mean he gets demoted now?

Sardonicone
2012-Nov-17, 10:30 PM

Swift

wat r u doin

swift

stahp

Infinity Watcher
2012-Nov-18, 09:38 PM
Ladies and gentlemen in honour of Swift gaining Administrator I hereby propose we engage in a series of appropriate sporting events to convey our beliefs as to the great impact this will surely have.

I propose: "Synchronised User Panicking", "Mens and Womens Terror Screaming", along with a mixed doubles event, "30 minute breaking up of the unlicensed BAUT gambling ring" (courtesy of an Sgt. Bilco), as well as the "300 metre sprint out of the accidental blast radius" and the "Coordinated Ban Dodging".

(Seriously, Well done Swift, any chance of letting us peasantry know what the secret admins lair looks like?)

Swift
2012-Nov-18, 11:01 PM
Personally, my favor CQ sporting event is running around in panicked circles. I'm surprised we have had more of this given the coming of the end of the Maya world (or is that the coming Maya end of the world?).

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17254&d=1341883154

Moose
2012-Nov-18, 11:32 PM
Personally, my favor CQ sporting event is running around in panicked circles.

Ah yes, the F&G Fire Drill.

Tensor
2012-Nov-18, 11:40 PM
Personally, my favor CQ sporting event is running around in panicked circles. I'm surprised we have had more of this given the coming of the end of the Maya world (or is that the coming Maya end of the world?).

This must mean your motto is:

When in danger, when in doubt,
run in circles, scream, and shout.

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Nov-19, 03:23 PM
This must mean your motto is:

When in danger, when in doubt,
run in circles, scream, and shout.

That is the first lesson on becoming an administrator.

starcanuck64
2012-Nov-19, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure how to refer to you now...Mr. Swift, Sir Swift, Lord Swift, boy change can be tough sometimes.;)

Swift
2012-Nov-19, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure how to refer to you now...Mr. Swift, Sir Swift, Lord Swift, boy change can be tough sometimes.;)
Back when I was chairperson of the local group of the Sierra Club, as an April Fool's joke I proposed changing my title from Chairperson to Ulan The All Being. The one person on the Executive Committee who even noticed the proposal thought I was semi-serious and that it was a cry for help :rolleyes:.

starcanuck64
2012-Nov-19, 09:46 PM
Some people lack a whimsy bone.

publiusr
2012-Nov-20, 12:17 AM
Congrats in spades.

grapes
2012-Nov-20, 06:36 PM

Not so much the end of the world as just a general malaise--the Mayan malaise. With turkey and sourdough.

ToSeek
2012-Nov-25, 03:33 PM
Swift has now completed the conversion process and become one of us. Be very afraid.

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Nov-25, 04:32 PM
Swift has now completed the conversion process and become one of us. Be very afraid.

Has the implants and nanites started to itch yet.

Moose
2012-Nov-25, 04:34 PM
"We are LoSwiftus of Borg. We will add your cultural and technological distinctiveness to our own. Bend over and assimilate your butts goodbye."

Swift
2012-Nov-25, 08:20 PM
Just as the Mayans predicted

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Nov-26, 12:48 PM
So the end of the world begins with a lot of bad puns.

Swift
2012-Nov-26, 02:35 PM
So the end of the world begins with a lot of bad puns.
"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper"
Why do you think people were whimpering?

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Nov-26, 05:57 PM
I bow before you all mighty dark lord.
Maybe this promotion will reduce your puns since everyone else who has adminstrator status seems to post less and less.

dgavin
2012-Nov-26, 08:19 PM
Grats Swift!

starcanuck64
2012-Nov-26, 08:44 PM
As part of his recent augmentation Swift's puns will gain power, "Resistance is futile".

cran
2012-Dec-09, 03:54 PM
Sorry I'm late in adding my sincerest congratulations, Swift.

danscope
2012-Dec-09, 11:58 PM
A vast knowledge base of puns and application of which should certainly be a said requirement for qualification. :)
Swift serves us well.

Dan

Freebie
2013-Jan-12, 06:33 AM
Meanwhile, I get a rock. :mad:

...I get no appreciation around here; hmmmph!!

(Congrats Swift)

Wow. That's a nice rock you have there. Where did you get that?

caveman1917
2013-Jan-12, 07:41 AM

That's because we've been training to do something a little more fancy than running around in circles, to set us - the smart guys - a bit apart from everybody else when it's time to panick. So we ended up with the idea of running around in figure-8's (being also the symbol for infinity and all that). However when we did some practice runs and lined everybody up to run around in a huge figure-8 it didn't seem to work that well, so i'm afraid we missed our deadline for the end of the world panick as we're still trying to figure out why it wouldn't work.

Infinity Watcher
2013-Jan-12, 10:37 AM
That's because we've been training to do something a little more fancy than running around in circles, to set us - the smart guys - a bit apart from everybody else when it's time to panick. So we ended up with the idea of running around in figure-8's (being also the symbol for infinity and all that). However when we did some practice runs and lined everybody up to run around in a huge figure-8 it didn't seem to work that well, so i'm afraid we missed our deadline for the end of the world panick as we're still trying to figure out why it wouldn't work.

Why am I getting flashbacks to Crowley from Good Omens and the M25?

BigDon
2013-Jan-17, 07:31 AM
Man!, I get sick for a few months, come back and galldurn head hall monitor is flying the airplane!

Boy, they'll let anybody who knows how to spell and stuff work around here.

:D

Swift
2013-Jan-17, 05:20 PM
Man!, I get sick for a few months, come back and galldurn head hall monitor is flying the airplane!

U tink eye no how to spel?

ABR.
2013-Jan-17, 05:46 PM

Pssst! BigDon...Ixnay on the Ift-sway, stuff....

Oh, er, hello, Swift. I didn't see your post just now. Hehe. What I meant to say was...that is, I didn't mean....

All hail our great and wise leader -- Swift the EmotiKhan!

neilzero
2013-Apr-16, 03:21 AM
I just replied to a Climate Change question (in Science and Technology, I think) I hope with sufficient tact. I'm typing here because I did not find the "report this thread button" Normally i would not even read a climate change question, but the new format of the New post search does not tell the title of the thread or the topic of the first new post which is often different, so perhaps that matters little. Also I'm having trouble keeping track of which new post threads I clicked on a few minutes before, but I am adapting. Neil

Trebuchet
2013-Apr-16, 04:15 AM
If you run the cursor along the left side of the grey bar at the bottom of the post, at one point it'll change to the finger shape indicating clickable, and at the same time mouseover text will appear saying "report".