PDA

View Full Version : TapaTalk

KnowTheCosmos
2012-Nov-25, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone!

So we've been working on a lot of things behind the scenes here at the CosmoQuest Forum with Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forum. The latest of which is now having TapaTalk installed on the forum so that you have the ability to access this forum while on your Android, BlackBerry and iOS devices. There is also an app for Chrome. http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

I've done some tests with my personal phones and tablet and everything seems to be working well. If you already have the App installed on your device, you can find us either by searching "CosmoQuest" or in the directory under "Education and Profession"/"Science". Since we're the newest to be added to that directory, we're at the very bottom.

I hope you all are able to enjoy this new means of accessing the forum while on the go!

Scott
(KnowTheCosmos)

geonuc
2012-Nov-25, 09:32 AM
Thanks! I've used TapaTalk for other forums.

Jens Riggelsen
2012-Nov-25, 09:52 AM
Good excuse to finally buy the app.

And register at the forum, which I could've sworn that I'd already done... Oh well :)

Glom
2012-Nov-25, 02:46 PM
Yay! Thank you.

schlaugh
2012-Nov-25, 11:40 PM
The good news: I can get to the board anytime via my i-devices.
The bad news: I can get to the board anytime via my i-devices.

(But still a big "thank you" to the CQ folks!)

Hal37214
2012-Nov-26, 08:45 PM
Hooray!

Glom
2012-Nov-26, 10:06 PM
This is really good. It lends itself to more comprehensive exploration of the forum.

ArnolddeBruijn
2013-Mar-19, 08:46 PM
Are there any active tapatalk users now? I cannot use tapatalk for CQ for some reason. The app keeps saying that i should check my network settings, but they work with other forums... Please advice how I can solve this.

slang
2013-Mar-19, 10:01 PM
Are there any active tapatalk users now? I cannot use tapatalk for CQ for some reason. The app keeps saying that i should check my network settings, but they work with other forums... Please advice how I can solve this.

The tapatalk plugin needs to be installed to the forum to make the app work. It was installed, but (AFAIK) it was lost in the recent forum rebuild. I have some hope that this may be fixed real soon now.

ToSeek
2013-Apr-19, 03:35 AM
I've been reliably informed that Tapatalk is working again.

ArnolddeBruijn
2013-Apr-21, 06:42 PM
Indeed, thanks for letting us know! :-)

undormant
2015-Feb-06, 08:18 AM
I can reply to threads on tapatalk but not start new threads for some reason.

R :)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

slang
2015-Feb-06, 04:21 PM
undormant, I've notified the buildteam of your problem, hopefully they can have a look at it soon.

As for this thread, it's now over two years ago that Tapatalk was added. Please use the feedback forum if there are any important issues with the Cosmoquest/Tapatalk combo.

ToSeek
2015-Feb-10, 09:19 PM
I can reply to threads on tapatalk but not start new threads for some reason.

R :)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Only moderators and admins can start threads in the "Forum Rules, FAQs, and Information" forum. If you have a problem elsewhere, let us know.