PDA

View Full Version : Prize or something of that.

gonano
2012-Nov-25, 10:07 PM
Hy to everybody, i was thinking to do a thing similar to deep impact paper:

Only to who partecipated at the program , the team will give an user name and a password to put the real name and surname of the people that real worked on it and that will appear on a virtual pic.
An image to download and that makes a picture 25 x 35 cm in printing, just a little picture ( if one wants to print) For example.
With the title ICE INVESTIGATOR PROGRAM with on an ice body and something like image in the central part.
Under a writing " thanks to partecipate to Ice investigator program" .
Under " this certificate is presented to NAME, SURNAME in appreciaton to your work in Ice investigator."
Under with the names or better the signature of the scientist that made this program and if it possible the name of istitution ect with its law permitions that have permited to made this.
So it could be a nice thing to hung in dining room.
To avoid that people that have not work , you put its names who collaborated on a database on line or something that, so when one digits its name, surname and birthdate its come out " congrats to have been Ice Investigators group", while with a wrong name nothing.
It's only an idea to give a gift to thounsand people that have been on the project without spendind thousand of USD with a simply idea.
But if there were other ideas, they could come out.
Excuse for my English, for my crazy idea and i don't know if in other part of the forum has been just discuss of this.
And if i offenced somebody or any istitution, i'm very sorry.
Cheers Gonano.

Shigeru
2012-Nov-26, 03:21 PM
I think what it is a good idea ^^

KnowTheCosmos
2012-Nov-26, 09:19 PM
That's a fantastic idea! Right now, we're ramping up to launch version 3 of our software with a new citizen science project within the next two weeks. After that goes live, we'll work on adding certificates to version 4 of our software for all citizen science projects.

We appreciate your time, energy and commitment to participating in citizen science projects which allow us to better understand our Universe. It's only natural that we give you a means in which to show off your accomplishments! Thank you for your suggestion!

~Scott
(KnowTheCosmos)

gonano
2012-Nov-28, 05:35 PM
Hy to everybody,
Many thanks to all the group that works hard, the observators and especially scientific people.
Many thanks for the compliments.
Cheers Gonano.

Sorry for my english.

SamualSeth
2014-Aug-06, 07:53 AM
its a good idea. Did you excuted it?

nilium
2014-Sep-11, 09:15 PM
It is good. But no news ?

nilium
2014-Sep-14, 10:57 AM
Another idea

There are many nameless little craters (Moon, Vesta, etc.).

Why not spend a crater to the volunteers of CosmosQuest ?

Likewise NEO Survey LINEAR (Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research) for the asteroids.
http://www.ll.mit.edu/LINEAR
or
http://www.ll.mit.edu/outreach/2008honorees.html

I think it's a beautiful thing and feasible.
A nice gift for every deserving volunteer, for their appreciated contribution and hard work

For example:
choose craters of the same diameter and give the name of each volunteer involved
or different diameters class for the amount of work of each volunteer involved
or...

well, I threw an idea ....:)

cheers