PDA

View Full Version : Okay... I'm going senile.

Grizzly
2004-Oct-29, 08:58 PM
I ran in to work today and as I was changing after showering I discovered that I was sans slacks. Now that would have made a really fun Hallowe'en costume for today...

So on to the bus I go, get home, change, pick up my pack and head for the door.

I arrive at work without my pack. Did I leave it on the bus? I'm in a state. I call the wife.

She (without saying hello or anything - the wonders of call display) "I'm looking at it, you left it by the door..."

Okay. I'm senile. Commit me.

----
De integro
Repeat again from the start

Normandy6644
2004-Oct-29, 09:25 PM
So wait, you had no pants?!?

Candy
2004-Oct-29, 09:40 PM
So wait, you had no pants?!? :lol:

I ripped my pants at work once. My sweater was long enough to cover myself for the remainder of my shift. It was a weird feeling, though. :o

mickal555
2004-Oct-31, 06:24 AM
So wait, you had no pants?!?
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o x10>999999999999999999>999999999

NASA Fan
2004-Oct-31, 02:35 PM
I am curious, what do you do that there is a shower facility, and how did you get to work in the first place without your pants? How did you get to ride the bus without your pants? Finally, your location list you as being in "the great white north" isn't it a bit cold this time of the year to be without pants.

Reacher
2004-Oct-31, 02:55 PM
Yeah, your wording could have been better. :P
Perhaps "sans a change of slacks."

Hutch
2004-Oct-31, 03:44 PM
Never forgot the pants, but I have been well known for wearing two shoes--one black and one brown--on more than one occasion (hey, they look about the same at 5:30am!)

TriangleMan
2004-Nov-01, 11:51 AM
I have been well known for wearing two shoes--one black and one brown--on more than one occasion (hey, they look about the same at 5:30am!)
I've done that with socks, mixing up a navy one with a dark brown one, for the same reason. Of course I never notice until I'm at work. :oops:

mickal555
2004-Nov-01, 11:52 AM
I do that all the time when going to school it is especilly embarsing when u hav shorts on the other kids would't leave me alone!!!!!!!!

mickal555
2004-Nov-01, 11:54 AM
Wait i've got an idea how about every one say there most emarising cloth related blunder? I won't go first

pumpkinpie
2004-Nov-01, 02:40 PM
I am curious, what do you do that there is a shower facility, and how did you get to work in the first place without your pants? How did you get to ride the bus without your pants? Finally, your location list you as being in "the great white north" isn't it a bit cold this time of the year to be without pants.

Took me a minute to figure it out, but I re-read it. He said he "ran into work" and "after showering" realized he had no pants. I translate as: Ran in wearing work-out clothes, got to work, showered, started to change into work clothes but had forgotten the slacks. #-o

Moose
2004-Nov-01, 02:43 PM
:D Spoilsport. It's funnier the other way. :lol:

Wally
2004-Nov-01, 02:54 PM
Wait i've got an idea how about every one say there most emarising cloth related blunder? I won't go first

Luckily, mine happened when I was a kid (8 or so). I had just finished swimming at the neighbors house with a bunch of other kids. Ran home (next door) and was changing from my swim suit to "regular" clothes. Had on just my undies when my mom asked me to run a towel back down to the pool for my sister. So. . . off I run with towel in hand, wearing nuthin' but my tightie-whities! Didn't even realize it until I get all the way back down there and hear my "friend" scream "HE'S ONLY WEARING UNDERWEAR!!!!" while pointing and laughing.

the entire pool-full of kids take up the pointing and laughing as I run my butt back home ASAP! :oops:

Swift
2004-Nov-01, 02:56 PM
As a graduate student I worked with used to say, "I have the absent-minded down, now I need a professorship". :D

Grizzly
2004-Nov-01, 03:15 PM

1) Most enlightened employers have a change room and showers for use by people who bike or run in.

2) I admit to clumsy wording. I had running gear but no change in slacks.

3) I run in up to (down to) -35c weather. Once you're moving you're fine if you have a good wicking layer on and sufficient wind break layers.

----
Quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur
Whom the gods love die young.