PDA

View Full Version : Life the "rollercoaster"

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-03, 09:19 PM
I never forget how sucky life can be. I've just had a really good day at college its been fun in about a month i'll be a Qualified First Aider along with the rest of my course. I just have to do 3 hours more as i need to learn how to deal with little children so as not to hurt them. So the day has been a really good fun one, got home and found out my books hadn't arrived again for the third day so i was a little annoyed i've been waiting age's for them but never mind.

Well heres the part that is the sucky part of the day, one of my friends is pregnant and she's only 14. She's about 4 weeks in and she wont have an abortion as she doesn't want one but her mum would try and make her have one so she's not telling her mum. I'm the first person she's told and probably going to be the only one she tells for a while.

Always a good day 8-[

Humphrey
2004-Nov-03, 09:25 PM
14? :o

I understand standing up for your morals, but what is she going to do for the 9 months of pregnancy? Afterwords? Hopefully she will not throw away her education for this.

I hope she allows her mother to take care of the child or gives it up for adoption in hopes that she can learn a skill or career and then think about hhaving another child.

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-03, 09:30 PM
14? :o

I understand standing up for your morals, but what is she going to do for the 9 months of pregnancy? Afterwords? Hopefully she will not throw away her education for this.

I hope she allows her mother to take care of the child or gives it up for adoption in hopes that she can learn a skill or career and then think about hhaving another child.

She's having it when she's 15 and keeping it like another friend i have who is now 18 with a 3 year old girl, She's gorgeous :D. Hopefully she'll do similar to my other friend and go get a job, i already know she's doing health and social care at school so she might take that up at college and get a job that way, she's already got me going to help her out and if she does go the H&S route then i can help her out with that as i'll have passed it before she even starts the course.

Here a child at 15 is quite common.

Swift
2004-Nov-03, 09:40 PM
Good luck to you and particularly to your friend.

It seems that teenage motherhood is often a real handicap for education and career development, but there are exceptions. When I was doing my post-doctoral studies I met this woman who was getting her Ph.D. in Chemistry. She had a kid when she was about 15. It delayed her college work a few years, but she completed her Ph.D and got a professorship. And her son was a nice kid too. I had the impression that she had good support from her family.

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-03, 09:55 PM
Good luck to you and particularly to your friend.

Thanks!

My friend Jozie who's already got one didn't have no family support, she got kicked out by her mum. She stayed at her friends house for a bit and then her mum had cooled down so she got to move back home but couldn't stay there when she had a baby so she moved in with her boyfriend.
About a year later she kicked him out and she's been living in a government paid apartment for the past year, she should have just moved into her new house. When she was at college with me she got a call from chloe's (her daughter) dad saying that he's moving away but he'll be back in a couple of months, when she asked him how long for and he said he'd only be back a week and thats it. So she told him some obscenitys and she's not going to see him again.

This is kind of the typical around here, you see loads of "women" walking down the street with kids and if i didn't know better i would be thinking "oh thats sweet them taking out their little sisters". Hopefully my friend who's pregnant now (im not going to say her name so i keep not saying it) should have better support as atleast her dad is still living with her mum.

I just always get told this kind of thing i should know something like this was bound to happen.