PDA

View Full Version : Two Serious Issues Now Coming To An Intersect.

BigDon
2013-Feb-02, 09:38 PM
After particularly bad seizure episodes, sometimes I come back with a new, serious phobia that wasn't there before.

This has happened on three previous occasions and I'm going to keep most of that to myself.

Where there is pertinant is the last bad seizure state, the result of too much drinking after my mother's passing two years ago, left me with a very intense case of iatrophobia.

I seriously cannot afford this.

Especially since lately I've been getting "Wolf Larsen"ed more and more often. Used to happen once every 18 months or so and now for the last two years it happens three or four times a month.

Today I woke up like that.

And Iatrophobia has that horrible built-in Catch 22.

Whew! I finally told somebody.

Moose
2013-Feb-03, 02:07 AM

I had to look it up, but indeed. If there's anything I (or we) can do from 4000+ miles away, lemme know.

snodgrass
2013-Feb-03, 03:26 AM
After particularly bad seizure episodes, sometimes I come back with a new, serious phobia that wasn't there before.

This has happened on three previous occasions and I'm going to keep most of that to myself.

Where there is pertinant is the last bad seizure state, the result of too much drinking after my mother's passing two years ago, left me with a very intense case of iatrophobia.

I seriously cannot afford this.

Especially since lately I've been getting "Wolf Larsen"ed more and more often. Used to happen once every 18 months or so and now for the last two years it happens three or four times a month.

Today I woke up like that.

Whew! I finally told somebody.

I read in several places that Dostoyevsky would come back most creative after a batch of seizures.

Trebuchet
2013-Feb-03, 06:13 AM
I had to look it up as well. My mother used to call it "white coat syndrome."

Hang in there Don. We're pulling for you.

BigDon
2013-Feb-03, 08:32 PM
If I'm so messed that I'm not going to see the doctor about reoccuring bouts of blindness, which I believe are associated with my temporal lobe seizures, I'm going to need a doctor's help. The kidney infection back in November. I knew I was sick but waited until the lymph nodes around my sternum were outraged before I crawled to the doctor.

Yesterday I woke up blind, which is a little disconcerting, as that means I'm seizing in my sleep. After two hours I could see well enough to navigate again. I did have a massive seizure yesterday evening so this all fits. So I'm going to take a few days of from posting, probably a week, so I don't post stupid stuff I have to spend a week apologizing for later.

You know it's bad when you find yourself visiting Jennette McCurdy's Facebook page three or four times a day, just in case this becomes permenent, simply because there are worse last examples of what a woman looks like. https://www.facebook.com/jennettemccurdy

Yeah, even feeling shot in the head I'm still a fanboy.

I'm going to log out now, I have a horrible sparkly migraine forming like a thunderhead.

If this lets off sooner I'll try to be back by Wednesday.

Moose
2013-Feb-03, 09:04 PM
[...]not going to see the doctor about reoccuring bouts of blindness[...]

Don? With respect, friend, but oh yes you are, if I have to drive 4000 miles and drag you there by the ears. No matter I'm half your size, arthritic, and half-way a wuss. I understand you're feeling phobic, I'd be nervous too considering the symptom, but temporary blindness is not something you are permitted to ignore. Your doctor needs to know what's happening.

The very next words I want to hear from you are: "So I've consulted my doctor about this, and..." PM me (or someone) if you're feeling nervous about posting; just so you let one of us know you've done it.

/ I'll be checking here and via PM every hour or so if you need to talk, Don.

Swift
2013-Feb-04, 04:13 PM
Don? With respect, friend, but oh yes you are, if I have to drive 4000 miles and drag you there by the ears. No matter I'm half your size, arthritic, and half-way a wuss. I understand you're feeling phobic, I'd be nervous too considering the symptom, but temporary blindness is not something you are permitted to ignore. Your doctor needs to know what's happening.
On your way by Cleveland, grab me; two half wusses probably almost equal one BD. ;)

BD, please go to the doctor and talk to him about this. And get better soon.

blueshift
2013-Feb-04, 04:31 PM
Don, I think V.S. Ramachadran is out your way. He lives in Delmar, California and is highly recommended by a lot of people in the neuroscience field. He has authored "Brief Tour of Consciou5ness" (that is not misspelled) and "Phantoms in the Brain". Sorry if this is an insult to you since you may be very well aware of who he is. He has been on public television with some of his patients.

If not him, contact somebody soon. I can't think that looking at your monitor is helping at all.

Moose, after you pick up Swift stop in at Chicago and get me. I live right near O'Hare.

rigel
2013-Feb-04, 08:55 PM
Don, talk to someone. When I have major seizures, about once every year, I can see and hear but I can not talk. That is terrifying. Sorry I can't drive or I would join the convoy.

grapes
2013-Feb-04, 09:56 PM
Don, if you can spell iatrophobia, you probably don't have it. :)

Don?

ETA: I know you said you weren't posting for a week. PM some body.