PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas

frenat
2004-Nov-09, 07:10 PM
There is a girl I am madly in love with and I want to get her something for Christmas. The problem is first, I have little imagination and can't think of anything really good and second, I don't have much extra cash right now. I need some ideas of some things I could get her that would show her how much I deeply care for her but might not be too extremely expensive. Maybe a few things under $20 each. Any help?

Candy
2004-Nov-09, 07:25 PM
I like the simple things in life.

The best Christmas present I ever got was a little stuffed teddy bear with a heart shaped locket around it's neck 'baring' my initials. I could just imagine how hard it was for him to walk into a store and put together such a great gift.

Unfortunately, I was scared of boys at that time (I was 13). :o
That's beside the point. The point is it was a great gift that I remember to this day. :D

BlueAnodizeAl
2004-Nov-09, 07:32 PM
...a heart shaped locket around it's neck 'baring' my initials. I could just imagine how hard it was for him to walk into a store and put together such a great gift.

I was just going to suggest this. I got my wife something similar from Target our first Christmas when we were dating, then I took it to Things Remembered and had it engraved with her initials and the date. It's one of her favorite pieces of jewelry to this day. I think I spent a total of $30 on it. It's a great gift if you're starting your relationship, because it's something inexpensive, but means alot, she'll hold on to it forever, but at the same time it's not a huge commitment thing for you, so you don't risk scaring her off with something extravagant like a ring.

TriangleMan
2004-Nov-09, 07:40 PM
There is a girl I am madly in love with and I want to get her something for Christmas.
Are you two dating? It is not clear in your email if you are already involved with this girl and it makes a difference for choosing a gift.

frenat
2004-Nov-09, 08:42 PM
Yes we're involved. It's pretty serious.

TriangleMan
2004-Nov-09, 09:34 PM
Yes we're involved. It's pretty serious.
Okay. So far I like the engraved jewelry idea too. :)

Candy
2004-Nov-10, 02:03 PM
You can buy already engraved jewelry. The cost will be cheaper than actually having it done. Just pick her first name or last name, since most jewelry has one initial.

Another suggestion is a home cooked meal. That's melts my heart, too. :P

TriangleMan
2004-Nov-10, 02:12 PM
For Christmas? :-?

BlueAnodizeAl
2004-Nov-10, 02:14 PM
If you really have problems shopping pick something that you can enjoy together and give it to her. That's how I usually end up shopping for the-wife-who-has-it-all.

Candy
2004-Nov-10, 02:15 PM
For Christmas? :-? Well, I spend my Holiday's alone, so someone willing to spend a day with me cooking for me. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. :D

Snowman
2004-Nov-10, 02:42 PM
For Christmas? :-? Well, I spend my Holiday's alone, so someone willing to spend a day with me cooking for me. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. :D

I woud, Candy; but my teleport has broken down... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Candy
2004-Nov-10, 07:17 PM

I woud, Candy; but my teleport has broken down... :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

Harvestar
2004-Nov-11, 02:59 AM
I'm always a fan of the homemade gifts. :) I'd often make tapes or CDs of our favorite songs, may be write a poem, frame a picture of us in a nice frame, ...

My ex-boyfriend was an artist and he made me great stuff! (oragami roses - since real ones are so expensive for Valentine's Day, little teddy bears, rings made of wire, etc. )

Also, concert/play tickets are great - our local symphony has student tickets for $5 or $7. And combined with a good dinner - it works well. :)

Also, is there a movie or CD she's been wanting lately? I really treasure some of my CDs because they were gifts. :)

Candy
2004-Nov-11, 12:43 PM
Also, concert/play tickets are great - our local symphony has student tickets for $5 or $7. And combined with a good dinner - it works well. :)
Excellent idea, which gives me another... there are movies that play on Christmas. frenat could take her to see a romantic movie. It could be alone time on a busy day. :wink: