PDA

View Full Version : November 8th, 2004 - RIP

Vega115
2004-Nov-09, 10:06 PM
Today, in school, we got some very sad news. A ninth grader was killed last night (november 8th) in a "tragic accident" Thats what we where told, only, you see, in my school, news travels fast...and here is what really happened...

Last night, around 7:30 pm, all the fire sirens started going off. We lift an ear, figure its not that seriously, only one siren (not like a 5-alarm fire type thing) My mom finds out from a neighbor that a 14 year old girl was hit and killed by a train on the railroad tracks. This morning (november 9th) I find out who it was, and apparantly, it wasn't an accident. She committed suicide.

Now, the thing is, I know the girl; i wasn't "best friends" but we knew each other, ya know? She was in my gym class yesterday morning (the day of her death) and you would never think that she was suicidal, she was smiling, peppy, her usual-funny-self. It really was a shock to like...everyone. Where she was killed on the tracks is actually right off school grounds, so afterschool, there was kinda a "vigil" there, flowers, candels, etc. It just kinda freaks me out that I talked to her just hours before her death. It really was just...so, sudden.

Right now, I hope that her family is coping well, losing a child must be devestating. Not to mention her sister is in my grade. I'm most likely going to go to the wake, since I've known the family since i was like..8.

It realy is shocking how suicide can come about just so suddenly, without any warning signs...I'm sure there were, we just couldn't pick up on them.

Rest In Peace Michelle - November 8th, 2004 :cry:

snowcelt
2004-Nov-09, 10:30 PM
I am so sorry to here this my fellow BaBBler.

Unfortunately there are signs but how can the average person see these signs?

Maybe those who were close could have if they knew what to look for.

Sorry. :cry:

Glom
2004-Nov-09, 10:33 PM
Ditto. :cry:

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-10, 03:03 AM
That's so sad. It's those kinds of deaths that hurt the most. One of my teacher's in high school killed himself, and it took me several years to get past it. I finally made peace with everything, and I hope everyone there involved will be able to do the same.

semi-sentient
2004-Nov-10, 03:26 AM
Not sure if this ad is intentional or not, but this was displayed as I viewed this thread:

http://www.dolem.com/suicide.gif

Sad to see someone so young take their own life, but I guess that sometimes people feel that life is not worth living. I can certainly relate to that.... but for someone so young... it's a shame. RIP.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-10, 03:56 AM
Damn. Sorry to hear that man. :-(

There will be signs, always. You just have to know to look for them. But sometimes everybody does miss them. Don't beat yourself up about it, and don't let anybody beat themself up abaout it. Doing any of that will not help bring them back. Just live, remember fondly, and move on.

JFM
2004-Nov-10, 06:03 AM
Sorry to hear that Vega115.

MoMo. Google picks ads to display by reading the posts. Sometimes it can be inappropriate.

Swift
2004-Nov-10, 01:40 PM
Vega115, I wanted to add my sympathy too. Please make sure you take care of yourself; if you need someone to talk to about this, find a parent, a friend, a teacher, etc. And feel free to share with us, though typing can never take the place of an ear and a touch. Be there for your friends at school too, it will be less hard getting through this together.