PDA

View Full Version : Scientist Explains the Weird Shiny Thing on Mars

Fraser
2013-Feb-12, 02:00 AM
As we reported last week, images from the Curiosity rover showed what looked like a piece of shiny metal sticking out from a rock. Today, Mars Science Laboratory scientist Ronald Sletten from the University of Washington explained that, unsurprisingly, it is actually a part of the rock that is different — harder and more resistant [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/99890/scientist-explains-the-weird-shiny-thing-on-mars/)

JustAFriend
2013-Feb-12, 02:03 PM
Real shame that Curiosity-style rovers aren't fitted out with a spider-like 'crawler cam'
that it could send out to get a closer look at interesting things like that. Maybe someday....

galacsi
2013-Feb-12, 07:58 PM
This scientist ,Ronald Sletten gave a very weak explaination. Differential erosion , yes of course , and what else ? But that say nothing of the nature of this harder and more resistant part.
What is it ? IMO That is the only interesting question.

Will Nasa look at it , or the Ronald answer is just an excuse for not doing it ? Yes I know I am tough but I begin to be tired of this Curiosity Hype when nothing of interest has been Produced.

Solfe
2013-Feb-13, 02:45 AM
Real shame that Curiosity-style rovers aren't fitted out with a spider-like 'crawler cam'
that it could send out to get a closer look at interesting things like that. Maybe someday....

Heck, I'd settle for a vice grip like claw to pick the stuff up. :)