PDA

View Full Version : fat-busting miracle pill

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-10, 09:07 PM
This could ruin the economy (and create "zebo-the-thin")
Link (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/10/fat_busting_pill/)
:D

2004-Nov-10, 09:28 PM
Quick, create the sound-alike Akomplea, or the natural herbal organic no-prescription-needed Ac0mpl1a, and spam the known universe!

There's gold in them thar hills.

Candy
2004-Nov-10, 10:44 PM
I saw this on the morning news. It helps with your weight and smoking. I remember hearing that the reason it works, is because it elimates the part of the brain that triggers pleasure. :o

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-10, 10:51 PM
I saw this on the morning news. It helps with your weight and smoking. I remember hearing that the reason it works, is because it elimates the part of the brain that triggers pleasure. :o

Can't let folk go around having pleasure can we? Who knows where it would lead!

Candy
2004-Nov-10, 10:56 PM
Can't let folk go around having pleasure can we? Who knows where it would lead! I wonder if there are long term side affects. Otherwise, sign me up. I ain't dated anyone right now. :wink:

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-11, 12:13 PM
Can't let folk go around having pleasure can we? Who knows where it would lead! I wonder if there are long term side affects. Otherwise, sign me up. I ain't dated anyone right now. :wink:

Thinks lustful thoughts at Candy, then thinks of serious physical damage from Mrs. Zebo :o

pghnative
2004-Nov-11, 01:58 PM
Are we allowed to lust on this board?? It's not mentioned specifically in the FAQ, but still... :D :D

Candy
2004-Nov-11, 02:04 PM
Are we allowed to lust on this board?? It's not mentioned specifically in the FAQ, but still... :D :D I hope the answer is yes, because it gives me my only pleasure for the next 6 months. 8-[

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-11, 02:06 PM
Are we allowed to lust on this board?? It's not mentioned specifically in the FAQ, but still... :D :D

I don't think it's compulsory, but if you have a mind like mine..... :evil:

(I think she should be safe, she's at least 3000 miles away :( )

pghnative
2004-Nov-11, 02:23 PM
Are we allowed to lust on this board?? It's not mentioned specifically in the FAQ, but still... :D :D I hope the answer is yes, because it gives me my only pleasure for the next 6 months. 8-[OK -- well in that case, I shall lust also. (just being nice, of course --- or should that be "of coarse"??).

Candy
2004-Nov-11, 02:52 PM
OK -- well in that case, I shall lust also. (just being nice, of course --- or should that be "of coarse"??). :o Love it, of course! =D>

N C More
2004-Nov-11, 04:09 PM
First, I'm sure that Candy will eventually find a great boy friend, as she's both attractive and smart. I didn't find my better half until I was 29...married him at 30!

Anyway, back to this pill thingy. It works by "blocking the pleasure center" so that you don't want to eat, let's say, chocolate and lasagna (?). Also, what other "pleasures" does it knock out? Personally, the thought that comes to me is, "Oh yeah, you'll be thin alright but why even bother to live??? :o Sheesh, I'll remain "pleasingly plump" and keep my "pleasure center", thank you very much!

Waarthog
2004-Nov-11, 05:47 PM
Think I will stick with a reducing diet and more exercise. this always seems to work when I keep at it. :)

frogesque
2004-Nov-11, 06:37 PM
From the link given I thought this was a wind up at first but apparently not.

A pill that helps to loose weight and stop smoking? Rimonabant sounds like the wonder drug of the century but when something sounds too good to be true it probably is.

How long before the side effects start to kick in?