PDA

View Full Version : Phil's debunking article in Muse Magazine

AstroMike
2002-Jun-10, 02:03 AM
http://www.musemag.com/cgi-bin/cricket.cgi?tpl=muse/thismonth/musearticle

Very good Phil. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

David Hall
2002-Jun-10, 04:21 AM
Excellent. Clear, concise, and entertaining. A perfect place for a doubter to begin.

But hey, they didn't include Clavius in the debunker's link section. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

2002-Jun-10, 10:33 AM
<a name="20020610.2:2"> page 20020610.2:2 aka Very dense Boo # 2:2
On 2002-06-10 00:21, David Hall wrote: To: 2:2HUb'

But hey, they didn't include Clavius in the debunker's link section. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

MY baINdex (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=183&forum=1#LOCKTHRD)
You have reached the List Page Lynx Version 2.8rel.2
References in http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~roblosey/

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Jun-10, 06:25 PM
I am pretty sure I included it in the list of websites, but I may have simply overlooked it! If I did, I'm sorry. I will note that I have been promoting Clavius whenever I talk about the Hoax, and mentioned it on the radio last night too, so no fretting!

JayUtah
2002-Jun-10, 07:49 PM
It's no big deal from my point of view. It's not as if I have to eat macaroni and cheese tonight instead of steak. (Everybody just assumes the CIA is paying me anyway.)

The Bad Astronomer has done a very good job of publicizing Clavius, and I try to return to the favor by contributing to Bad Astronomy. I'm pleased that Clavius has turned out to be such a valuable resource.

infocusinc
2002-Jun-10, 10:19 PM
Jay....

I heard it was the CIA, FBI, NASA and the NAS.

Your 9-5 job was just for deep cover...right?

JayUtah
2002-Jun-10, 10:29 PM

Whatever alphabet soup Jack White is alleging this week. If true, they are many months in arrears on payment. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Your 9-5 job was just for deep cover...right?

Yeah, right. I went to school for a dozen years just to make it seem plausible.

Donnie B.
2002-Jun-11, 12:36 AM
On 2002-06-10 18:19, infocusinc wrote:
Jay....

Well, by the time our Prez is through, they'll all be the same thing anyway...

Conrad
2002-Jun-12, 12:02 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:49, JayUtah wrote:
It's no big deal from my point of view. It's not as if I have to eat macaroni and cheese tonight instead of steak. (Everybody just assumes the CIA is paying me anyway.)

The Bad Astronomer has done a very good job of publicizing Clavius, and I try to return to the favor by contributing to Bad Astronomy. I'm pleased that Clavius has turned out to be such a valuable resource.

NO kidding!
Personally, I think we should all be issued with a pocket Virtu-Jay, with which to confound any naysayers encountered on the street. Comes with 5-year battery, warranty and HB debunking-mode as standard.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-12, 12:57 PM
On 2002-06-10 20:36, Donnie B. wrote:
Well, by the time our Prez is through, they'll all be the same thing anyway...

I prefer, to Call him, The Minister, you know, because he was Actually, Appointed.

That, and his Promote Religion Thing!

David Hall
2002-Jun-12, 03:35 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:49, JayUtah wrote:

It's not as if I have to eat macaroni and cheese tonight instead of steak.

Is this supposed to be an insult to macaroni and cheese? Steak is no problem, but there are times over here I would kill for some good old M&C. It's not exactly easy to find.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif (it's a licking-lips smiley this time)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-13, 01:49 AM
Is this supposed to be an insult to macaroni and cheese? Steak is no problem, but there are times over here I would kill for some good old M&C. It's not exactly easy to find.

How about mixing Rice with Sake.

It wouldn't taste the Same, but by the Time that you Noticed, you'd be much, Much, too Drunk, to Care!