PDA

View Full Version : Area 51 and environmental conditions

jrkeller
2002-Jun-10, 02:04 PM
As has been claimed by some HBs, Area 51 or whatever its official name is, was used as the setting for the moon landing sites.

My questions is this,

How could NASA (or anyone) pull off filming this hoax when one must consider, espeically for the three day missions, the following:

Rain, clouds, snow, aurora, birds, insects, animals, desert wildlife in general, sky glow, wind, planes, and I'm sure many more.

I think Mt. St Helens would have been a better place. Oh wait, that was 1980.

DaveC
2002-Jun-10, 02:13 PM
Your post has just made me realize what the "stars" are in Cosmic Dave's Apollo photos - the glowing eyes of coyotes at area 51. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think their theory is that the hoax was done on a sound stage inside an aircraft hangar at area 51. The reason for choosing area 51 is simply that it is a top secret, restricted-access government facility. Oh wait - Cosmic Dave also says that the area 51 environs (not the ones in the picture he linked to in another thread, BTW, but an area he is stll looking for)are just like the moon - so maybe he's not sure if it was shot indoors or outdoors. Maybe he's not sure what he's saying?

jrkeller
2002-Jun-11, 04:35 AM
The one thing that I just noticed tonight by my porchlight is the lack of insects. If there were the massive spotlights that the HB claim were needed for illumination, I'd bet these things would be a magnet for all sorts of flying things, yet I don't see a one.

Just a thought

Donnie B.
2002-Jun-11, 01:50 PM
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute here...

What CD and others are claiming (I think) is that the terrain in the Nevada desert is similar to the lunar suface, and might have been used for the background of the fake EVA pics.

That way, they could be photographed, processed in non-real-time (e.g. color changed to monochrome gray, any obvious anomalies removed), printed on backdrops, and hung within a large stage to shoot the EVA scenes.

Even the HBs are not so foolish as to think that the EVA films were made on open outdoor sets in real time. Or at least, I'm pretty sure they're not.

Jim
2002-Jun-11, 02:36 PM
On 2002-06-11 09:50, Donnie B. wrote:
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute here...

What CD and others are claiming (I think) is that the terrain in the Nevada desert is similar to the lunar suface, and might have been used for the background of the fake EVA pics.

Even the HBs are not so foolish as to think that the EVA films were made on open outdoor sets in real time. Or at least, I'm pretty sure they're not.

You are almost certainly right.

However, this is the same type of "inaccuracy" for which folks like Jay have been repeatedly pilloried.

cd: "They found a spy satellite hovering over China."
Jay: "Satellites can't 'hover' over one spot."
cd: "Oh, yeah? What about geostational satellites, huh? What else are you wrong/lying about?"

If cd, et al are going to dump on Jay, et al for "imprecise wording" then they should be precise in their wording.

cd has yet to post the pictures which he claims show the area which he claims NASA used for unspecified filming purposes.

jrkeller
2002-Jun-11, 02:52 PM
I re-read all of the CDs comments about Area 51 and I couldn't really tell from his posts what he means. In general I'd agree with you, but his first post about Area 51 says'

"Believe me guys, I would genuinely love to believe that Man landed on the Moon, as I guess most HBers would, but have a hard time believing some of the evidence that NASA has released. Has any one of you seen the map of Area 51 which looks uncannily like one of the landing sites?"

To me that implies that they filmed outside. If nothing else, the copied an Earthly setting.

I also looked at the links CD provided and I didn't realize how green the area was. A lot more shrubs and grasses than I believed for that part of the country. West Texas is a lot more barren than this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jrkeller on 2002-06-11 10:52 ]</font>

Donnie B.
2002-Jun-11, 03:45 PM
Jim and jr,

Agreed on both points.

CD's use of the word "map" implies that he's suggesting that "Area 51" was used for overhead shots, rather than backgrounds. Sure would be nice to see that evidence he's touting!

As to the vegetation, I'm sure there are lots of places that would be more suitable for "lunar surface" shots than Area 51. The Sahel, the Gobi, and parts of the Sinai come to mind. However, they lack the conspiratorial cachet of the Groom Lake area.

M_Welander
2002-Jun-11, 03:50 PM
Ok, I don't quite get this...

If they shot the fake scene outdoors, they might have got the lighting right, but the environment wrong.

If they shot it indoors, they might have got the environment right, but the lighting wrong.

Just an idea here: perhaps they shot it on the moon instead?

Donnie B.
2002-Jun-11, 04:21 PM
On 2002-06-11 11:50, M_Welander wrote:

Yeah! That's it! We faked going to the Moon by... going to the Moon! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SpacedOut
2002-Jun-11, 04:26 PM
On 2002-06-11 12:21, Donnie B. wrote:

On 2002-06-11 11:50, M_Welander wrote:

Yeah! That's it! We faked going to the Moon by... going to the Moon! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That makes as much sense as some of the HB theories. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Donnie B.
2002-Jun-11, 05:30 PM
I'm developing my own pet conspiracy theory. Stay with me, now...

January 1967: Apollo 1 fire.
June 1967: 6-Day War.

Coincidence? I think not. NASA needed locations in the Sinai to shoot the lunar EVAs after the fire destroyed any hope of completing Kennedy's mission on time. Egypt wouldn't cooperate, so the U.S. government gave Irael the go-ahead to occupy the peninsula.

Want proof? Here it is: Israel didn't give the Sinai back to Egypt until after the last "lunar mission".

It all makes sense now! It's all part of the Illuminati/Zionist New World Order. Except it should be the "New Worlds Order", as the shadow government is moving to alien-built Moon habitats Real Soon Now. Elvis is there already, along with the Heaven's Gate crowd.