PDA

View Full Version : For All You Heathens...

2004-Nov-13, 09:51 AM
the other side of the pond. The mighty Tottenham Hotspur are at home to Arsenal at midday today... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eroica
2004-Nov-13, 10:45 AM
We do have an Official Soocer Thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14080), you know! 8)

2004-Nov-13, 11:07 AM
SORRY!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-13, 11:24 AM
ZZZzzzzzzz........

Eroica
2004-Nov-13, 04:50 PM
SORRY!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
No need to apologize. I was just trying to be helpful. 8-[

Lurker
2004-Nov-14, 12:38 AM
Oh Damn... I thought I was gunna finally find that my pagan brothers and sisters had found a home here... :-?

:wink:

Richard of Chelmsford
2004-Nov-15, 09:35 AM
Liiiver-pool!!

Liiiver-pool!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

ignorant_ape
2004-Nov-15, 11:13 AM
< declares open season on footy fans , no bag limit if they are wearing burburry :evil:

YRS _ APE

Jim
2004-Nov-15, 02:13 PM
Meanwhile, on this side of The Pond, DC United beat the KC Wizards 3-2 in the MLS championship. The Wizards took an early 1-0 lead, only to see DC score three in response. KC got their second goal on a PK when a DC defender handled the ball. He was sent off and DC played short for the final 20 minutes or so, but KC couldn't take advantage of it.

ToSeek
2004-Nov-15, 02:40 PM
Meanwhile, on this side of The Pond, DC United beat the KC Wizards 3-2 in the MLS championship. The Wizards took an early 1-0 lead, only to see DC score three in response. KC got their second goal on a PK when a DC defender handled the ball. He was sent off and DC played short for the final 20 minutes or so, but KC couldn't take advantage of it.

You might also mention that DC United scored the go-ahead goal off a blatant handball that the referee didn't notice. Still, they seemed like the better team on the day.

Bawheid
2004-Nov-15, 02:44 PM
This is impressive, three soccer threads on the go! :o

Spacewriter
2004-Nov-15, 06:24 PM
Oh Damn... I thought I was gunna finally find that my pagan brothers and sisters had found a home here... :-?

Well, apparently only if you're a Manchester United fan.... ;)

Jim
2004-Nov-15, 09:15 PM
You might also mention that DC United scored the go-ahead goal off a blatant handball that the referee didn't notice. Still, they seemed like the better team on the day.

I've seen the replay several times. It looks like a good non-call be Kennedy. The player's arms were in position prior to the defender striking the ball, they were in a reasonably normal position for the leap he was making, he seemed more intent on stopping the kick than directing it, he didn't try to guide the ball after it struck his arm... looked okay.

Bawheid
2004-Nov-16, 09:31 AM
It looked ok to me, the ball seemed to hit his arm rather than vice versa. I could be wrong though, I only saw it once as part of a highlights package but the commentators didn't make anything of it.

Tranquility
2004-Nov-16, 11:48 AM

Well, apparently only if you're a Manchester United fan.... ;)

By which you turn into an extremely cool person :P