PDA

View Full Version : A stupid, ignorant, moronic, question...

ljbrs
2002-Jun-12, 02:19 AM
Was the FOX program which debunked the Moon Program on regular television or was it on cable (since FOX has programs on both as I understand)?

I watch very little television (most of it boring) and do not have cable. (At one time I had all of the channels, including cable, but gave cable up because I found that I was not watching television and decided paying for something I was not using was a waste of my money.

For awhile I did not have a television set at all, but I eventually bought a small one. Curiosity...

Therefore, if the FOX Moon Hoax program was on regular television, I could have watched it.

I might not have watched it anyway. But there is a need to know if it was available to me when it aired and I was ignorant and stupid enough to miss it.

Dumb? Stupid!

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AstroMike
2002-Jun-12, 03:07 AM
That piece of garbage was on regular television twice. (Feb. 15 & Mar. 21)

ljbrs
2002-Jun-13, 12:51 AM
Astro Mike:

#%@&$#!!!

Thank you for letting me know. Of course, I missed a lot of baloney, but some baloney is better than other baloney...

I could have viewed it, but I thought that it was on CABLE (to which I have not subscribed for years and years. Dumb! Stupid! Moronic! Idiotic!

Grrr...

Thank you for letting me know that it was where I could have watched it. Perhaps FOX will be naughty enough to try it again, in order that stupid, ignorant morons like me can see the mess. Of course, I do not know (for certain) that it was a mess, because I did not watch it. I do not watch much television, so I probably miss a lot of baloney anyway.

Thank you!

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-13, 01:10 AM
Don't worry, you didn't miss anything.

I watched the First Few Seconds, realized that it was a Crock, and turned the TV, to the Sci-Fi Channel.

The way that my Father went on about it, I made the Right Decision /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZaphodBeeblebrox on 2002-06-12 21:19 ]</font>

ljbrs
2002-Jun-13, 01:28 AM
ZaphodBeeblebrox

I am certain that it would have turned my stomach, anyway. I usually do not like to read scientific baloney. It hurts...

Thanks for letting me know.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-13, 01:45 AM
np

kucharek
2002-Jun-13, 08:14 AM
On 2002-06-12 20:51, ljbrs wrote:

I could have viewed it, but I thought that it was on CABLE (to which I have not subscribed for years and years. Dumb! Stupid! Moronic! Idiotic!

Grrr...

Don't worry. Unfortunately prospects are pretty well that they will air this piece of
** again. And again. And again...
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Harald

Irishman
2002-Jun-13, 09:24 AM
Heck, if you're truly interested, I managed to tape it. I wanted to refer to it, and be able to watch it again after looking at answers. For some reason I've been holding onto it rather than reusing the tape.

David Hall
2002-Jun-13, 03:35 PM
I managed to download a copy of it myself off of the IRC network. It was the only way I was going to be able to get my hands on it. I also found out there somewhere a copy of Paper Moon (which to my mind was one of the most boringly-made productions I've ever seen). If you look hard enough, you can find just about anything on the web. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PS: I would almost call it a waste of download time, but I can't really. It's worth it to see these things, because you can't really know what to argue against unless you know just what ** has been presented. Since you know ahead of time that it's **, you can let it roll over you with the knowledge that you have the superior knowledge. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-13, 06:15 PM
On 2002-06-13 04:14, kucharek wrote:

Don't worry. Unfortunately prospects are pretty well that they will air this piece of
** again. And again. And again...
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Harald

I never saw what kind of ratings it managed to get. Does anybody happen to know?

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-13, 09:33 PM
On 2002-06-13 14:15, pvtpylot wrote:
I never saw what kind of ratings it managed to get. Does anybody happen to know?

No, unfortunately, they were Probably, very Good.

And Hey, Post Again, you're about to Make, Bad Apprentice!

Wiley
2002-Jun-13, 09:44 PM
Was the FOX program which debunked the Moon Program on regular television or was it on cable (since FOX has programs on both as I understand)?

ljbrs,

I don't believe your question was either stupid or moronic. It was ignorant only in the sense that all questions stem from ignorance. If one was not ignorant, one would not need to ask the question. (This tautology does not apply to Socrates, of course.)

And as science oriented bulletin board, the only stupid or moronic question are those that go unasked.

Now if you had entitled this thread "An eye-poppingly mashochistic question...", my response would have been quite different.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wiley on 2002-06-13 17:47 ]</font>

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-13, 11:34 PM
On 2002-06-13 17:33, ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:

Noticed that a few minutes ago and shoved one out to get over the hump! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wiley
2002-Jun-14, 12:08 AM
On 2002-06-13 19:34, pvtpylot wrote:

On 2002-06-13 17:33, ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:

Noticed that a few minutes ago and shoved one out to get over the hump! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Congratulations! Here are your fireworks (http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990307.html).

Ooh! Ahh!

ljbrs
2002-Jun-14, 01:03 AM
All of you wonderful people:

Thank you very much.

I shall try to keep my attention directed toward picking up signs that this questionable program will be aired again. I cannot comment on it, because I did not watch it. From what everybody here has written, it must have been pretty sad!

There will be a small problem. If the program is a bad as one might expect, it will be very difficult to watch it through until the end.

Thanks again!

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-14, 01:10 AM
On 2002-06-13 20:08, Wiley wrote:
Congratulations! Here are your fireworks (http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990307.html).

Ooh! Ahh!

Wow! Leave it to nature to put on a real show. Thanks, that one's on my desktop.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

g99
2002-Jul-01, 10:13 PM
if you thought that the fox show sucked, you should watch the sci fi channels show (i think it is canceled, but it is still on in re-runs) "Sightings" that show is hilarious!!! I turn it on with a bowl of popcorn and imagine what the heck the writers of that show are thinking when they are making up the ideas for the show:

Here is a mock conversation of what i think they will be like:

person 1: hey i got an idea, how about we get frank to dress up as a green headed alien and have him give and anal probe to some farmer and show up the next day asking what happened

Person 2: No, we did that for the last 5 weeks, how about we get frank to put his finger on the lense of the camera and pretend we are seeing ghosts.

Person 1: BINGO we have a new Hour long special!!!

ljbrs
2002-Jul-03, 02:03 AM
Oh, dear, I miss everything and I have not had cable for years! Then again, if I watched everything, I would not have time to go online (such as to visit here at Bad Astronomy) or to read any of my many, many books (mostly science -- some great literature and art) in my library.

Oh, well, you folks can tell me all about the interesting things that I am missing and make me feel that I have dropped out of life.

Thanks for filling me in.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

jaydeehess
2002-Jul-05, 10:09 PM
I do have full cable. I work for the local cable company.(don't throw things at me I, I only make sure the system works I don't take any responsibility for programming) Believe me you aren't missing much. My TV is usually on MSNBC, CNN, or CBC Newsworld.

Programs such as the Fake Moon landing and the alien autopsy I do watch as a form of comedy. I liked "Plan 9 From Outer Space" for the same reason.