PDA

View Full Version : FYI to all board MEMBERS.

R.A.F.
2004-Nov-18, 02:13 PM
ComputerTech is a former member who was banned. He is not a member of this board, and as such, has absolutely no right to be posting here.

The best way to "handle" him is to completely and totally ignore him! I know how tough this can be, but until the BA returns, that's all we can do.

dvb
2004-Nov-18, 02:16 PM
Do you have evidence to support your claim? :D

Nicolas
2004-Nov-18, 02:23 PM
I know about computertech. If I can't hold myself, I type in some thoughts into his direction untill the BA is back. I don't let myself get frustrated, I just keep him occupied/'happy'. I try to keep it interesting/humoristic for others to read too, just to let my time not be completely wasted. But indeed, if you aren't involved with computertech yet, please ignore him.

JimTKirk
2004-Nov-18, 02:29 PM

Here is the evidence...

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?&p=366555#366555

Tranquility
2004-Nov-18, 02:31 PM
It does look like it from the link in his signature.

dvb
2004-Nov-18, 02:36 PM

Here is the evidence...

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/posting.php?&p=366555

Hmm, that link doesn't work.

I did a bit of investigating though and found the following quote by Computer Tech.

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=366555#366555

I got banned from those two issues alone! The moderator told me that I had not presented any reasons as to why I disagreed with anyone at the same time he said I had not presented any good reasons.

Mind you he doesn't say where he was banned from, or who the moderator was. I'll keep searching though unless someone else can come up with a better source.

N C More
2004-Nov-18, 02:38 PM
Here is the evidence...

For some reason I'm not getting anything from your link? However, you're correct. Read from Wolverine on down (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=366546#366546). Pretty much says it all.

dvb
2004-Nov-18, 02:40 PM
Here is the evidence...

For some reason I'm not getting anything from your link? However, you're correct. Read from Wolverine on down (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=366546#366546). Pretty much says it all.

Just read that part. Thanks N C More.

It's all clear to me now! :o

JimTKirk
2004-Nov-18, 02:42 PM
Here is the evidence...

Sorry, I was correcting the link when you posted... #-o

N C More
2004-Nov-18, 02:46 PM
Sorry, I was correcting the link when you posted... #-o

Figured it was just a glitch! :D

Candy
2004-Nov-18, 03:31 PM

Here is the evidence...

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?&p=366555#366555 Dang, Wolverine is good! =D>

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-18, 03:36 PM
I wonder if ComputerTech realizes that the BA will contact his ISP...

Candy
2004-Nov-18, 04:00 PM
I wonder if ComputerTech realizes that the BA will contact his ISP... Should we tell ComputerTech, so he can make amends? He's not the nicest person in the world (personal observation from the gay thread). But ComputerTech seems to have relaxed a little, unless I'm missing something. Which I could be, because I have been pre-occupied with school.

Coming to the BABB with preconceptions is not necessarily a good thing, but its not necessarily a bad thing. I am a culprit of not understanding the order (which is a great order BTW). I probably should have been booted in the first 20 posts or less.

I'm sure glad I wasn't, because I don't believe my life would be as on course as it is now. The BABB is a good thing to be a part of - thanks to everyone that is patient and willing to teach. It really is like family, well, the family I never had. 8-[

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-18, 04:27 PM
Candy, that's between the Bad Astronomer and ComputerTech. He has already admitted that he was banned, and he didn't ask permission to return. Feel free to send the Bad Astronomer a PM with your defense though. :D

Candy
2004-Nov-18, 04:36 PM
Where's Gullible Jones? I spent a lot of time with him via PM's. I'm not sure if he realizes it, but he was a very angry kid. I wanted him to vent his anger away from the BABB, so I was an ear. I love that kid, BTW.

GJ is actually growing up in front of our very eyes. He is turning out to be quite good.

I think ComputerTech is at the same level. He's got some anger built up in him. He's expressing it.

Candy
2004-Nov-18, 04:37 PM
Candy, that's between the Bad Astronomer and ComputerTech. He has already admitted that he was banned, and he didn't ask permission to return. Feel free to send the Bad Astronomer a PM with your defense though. :D Thanks, and I will.

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-18, 11:51 PM
Candy, thanks for the try. I don't think you or I can do much about it. Emailing the BA would resolve nothing. He see's me as a "Hoagland" type to have nothing to do with.

On the gay thread thing, I was not angry, I just felt no need to beat that into a dead horse. I stated my opinion, and I could the tell the BA was looking for a reason to "lock" the thread, so why get that involved in it?

I think angry is the wrong word to use with me. One of my biggest problems with forums is when we want the last word. I also don't communicate well on forums (apperently). In almost every thread I have started on here, a debunker accuses me of making a sensational claim, even when I did not. If I would ask what something is, typically a debunker would then attack me for ASKING what that thing is. That is where the "get him banned" started.

So, Candy though you are trying to help, it wont work. They cannot let me go. My debunkers delight list is looking more and more accurate in regard to some on here.

I also don't know that Wolverines (investigative) work is something to be applauded. If a woo-woo had done that...

Also, the entire thread got heated because a few debunkers hated the show Unsolved Mysteries and HAD TO ATTACK ME for even mentioning it. Wolverine in his debunking mindset had to find a way to end this, and beat the woo-woo. He did.

But, I will be back some.. not much, but maybe that day when we prove aliens have been visiting us for the last 50-60 years? Again, after that happens every UFO case you've "debunked" will be a complete failure. Then, maybe some will understand why I'm doing what I'm doing.

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-19, 12:35 AM
Where's Gullible Jones? I spent a lot of time with him via PM's. I'm not sure if he realizes it, but he was a very angry kid. I wanted him to vent his anger away from the BABB, so I was an ear. I love that kid, BTW.

GJ is actually growing up in front of our very eyes. He is turning out to be quite good.

I think ComputerTech is at the same level. He's got some anger built up in him. He's expressing it.

The anger is just been male and that age. Heck im there right now :lol:

The BABB is a great place and thats because of the people, it really helps when you don't get the normal attitude of "shut up your just a dumb kid" which tends to be the normal from parents and teachers.

I was a lot more scientific then anyone else i knew in my school but i wouldn't know what i know today if i didn't become part of the BABB, 4 months here is a really good kick in the backside of what you get told. I just had another one recently :oops: but it was going to happen sooner or later.

But ComputerTech has posted some out there things without claims, some of my ideas were out there and hell they still are but i stand my ground blowing up jupiter would be fun! :D

worzel
2004-Nov-19, 01:14 AM
But, I will be back some.. not much, but maybe that day when we prove aliens have been visiting us for the last 50-60 years? Again, after that happens every UFO case you've "debunked" will be a complete failure. Then, maybe some will understand why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Never mind all the violins for your poor tortured soul, you haven't given one good reason why anyone should believe that all these UFO sightings were aliens. You clearly believe in regular alien visitations. Either you are holding on to some evidence that the rest of us are not privy to, or your belief is not based on evidence and is just faith. I suspect the latter although I suspect you don't realize it and actually think that the rest of us are just too closed minded to see what you wish was the truth. Remember, some of us old-timers were once young and silly too so we know where you're coming from :)

Gullible Jones
2004-Nov-19, 01:30 AM
Candy: Why are you wondering where I was? Not all BABB members post every day you know... ;)

(I had a talk with my guidence counselor and a heck of a lot of homework. Incidentally, the problem at school involved something that makes me angry as all get out: jerks. Spevifically the idiots in my Latin class, who can't keep their mouths shut or their hands to themselves! :evil: )

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 02:26 AM

Aliens showing up at some point does not prove they've been here all along by any means.

And I'm not sure what it is you're doing. What difference does it make whether we believe in aliens or not? If they are here, they clearly don't want us to know about it, and are really really really good at hiding any evidence of their having been here.

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-19, 02:54 PM

Never mind all the violins for your poor tortured soul, you haven't given one good reason why anyone should believe that all these UFO sightings were aliens. You clearly believe in regular alien visitations. Either you are holding on to some evidence that the rest of us are not privy to, or your belief is not based on evidence and is just faith. I suspect the latter although I suspect you don't realize it and actually think that the rest of us are just too closed minded to see what you wish was the truth. Remember, some of us old-timers were once young and silly too so we know where you're coming from :)

I would have responded to you're post, but because of the poor tortured soul comment, I wont.

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-19, 03:02 PM

Aliens showing up at some point does not prove they've been here all along by any means.

And I'm not sure what it is you're doing. What difference does it make whether we believe in aliens or not? If they are here, they clearly don't want us to know about it, and are really really really good at hiding any evidence of their having been here.

If the aliens show up driving saucer shaped vehicles, with large black eyes and little gray bodies with BIG heads, then it does prove they have been here all along by every means.

It makes a difference to a lot on here, weather I believe a sensational claim or not. Everyone who argues, cares.

And, no they are not good at hiding their evidence of having been here. Remember the UFO sightings? Some of those could be them. And, again if we find that they do exist it just makes Roswell an example of their slopiness. Not to mention the UFO'S in outerspace which NASA ignores. If the abduction and UFO cases turn out to be alien, they have showed us a lot. :wink:

Yoshua
2004-Nov-19, 03:06 PM
Frankly, contacting his ISP would largely be a waste of time. You might find a system adminstrator who is sympathetic, but most ISP's are much more concerned with retaining their subscribers. This is especially true if they have no idea who you are. We all like the BA site and the BABB, but how well known do you think it actually is ?

What I'd do is simply call my ISP and ask they filter his ISP's IP block at the router. No traffic to or from any computers connected to that network. Though first I would email the sys admin there of the action and reason why. Let him contact you in person confirming he's addressed the problem if access to the site is important.

This wouldn't stop him from using cyber cafe's, but considering the fees they charge, I'm comfortable knowing that his futile attempts to troll are costing him dearly.

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-19, 03:18 PM
Frankly, contacting his ISP would largely be a waste of time. You might find a system adminstrator who is sympathetic, but most ISP's are much more concerned with retaining their subscribers. This is especially true if they have no idea who you are. We all like the BA site and the BABB, but how well known do you think it actually is ?

What I'd do is simply call my ISP and ask they filter his ISP's IP block at the router. No traffic to or from any computers connected to that network. Though first I would email the sys admin there of the action and reason why. Let him contact you in person confirming he's addressed the problem if access to the site is important.

This wouldn't stop him from using cyber cafe's, but considering the fees they charge, I'm comfortable knowing that his futile attempts to troll are costing him dearly.

You could just ask me nicely? #-o

EDIT - And this from someone I've never met. It's amazing how personal people can sound when insulting an unknown. [-(

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 03:40 PM

EDIT - And this from someone I've never met. It's amazing how personal people can sound when insulting an unknown. [-(

Get over yourself! You've been breaking the rules from the beginning. You've been BANNED! That IS asknig nicely. :roll:

AT
2004-Nov-19, 03:46 PM
I'm new here, and as thus have no real credibility or expirence with BA.... But in terms of other boards I've been to, ComputerTech seems fairly reasonable and articulate, if not very knowlegeble (not realizing that 'photozoom pro' added data made me laugh; sorry ComputerTech.)

But, I'm guilty of this too; as an engineering student, I know next to nothing about Astronomy, and will probably say some stupid, and just blatently incorrect things.

And even if you call him a 'woo woo' or whatever; isn't that OK as long as he abides by the rules? It might even give less-knowlegeable people like me something they can speak with more authority on.

It just seems to me like people are make a huge deal out of nothing.

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 03:48 PM
I'm new here, and as thus have no real credibility or expirence with BA.... But in terms of other boards I've been to, ComputerTech seems fairly reasonable and articulate, if not very knowlegeble (not realizing that 'photozoom pro' added data made me laugh; sorry ComputerTech.)

But, I'm guilty of this too; as an engineering student, I know next to nothing about Astronomy, and will probably say some stupid, and just blatently incorrect things.

And even if you call him a 'woo woo' or whatever; isn't that OK as long as he abides by the rules? It might even give less-knowlegeable people like me something they can speak with more authority on.

It just seems to me like people are make a huge deal out of nothing.

You are wrong. People are not making a big deal out of nothing. He makes unsupported claims and becomes insulting, for which he has been banned already. Now, he is further breaking the rules by returning and trying to make a martyr out of himself, which seems to be working since newer members are feeling sorry for him.

dvb
2004-Nov-19, 03:53 PM
You are wrong. People are not making a big deal out of nothing. He makes unsupported claims and becomes insulting, for which he has been banned already. Now, he is further breaking the rules by returning and trying to make a martyr out of himself, which seems to be working since newer members are feeling sorry for him.

Calm down, chill, or relax SciFi. Take your pick. ;)

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 03:55 PM

:roll:

AT
2004-Nov-19, 04:03 PM
You are wrong... becomes insulting, for which he has been banned already.... Now, he is further breaking the rules...

will probably say some stupid, and just blatently incorrect things.

Well, I guess thats one :D I didn't know that; I stand corrected.

dvb
2004-Nov-19, 04:03 PM

You know I'm just buggin' ya.

I did find that a little harsh to say to a newb with just 4 posts under their belt though. 8-[

Edit: Make that 6 now

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 04:04 PM
You are wrong... becomes insulting, for which he has been banned already.... Now, he is further breaking the rules...

will probably say some stupid, and just blatently incorrect things.

Well, I guess thats one :D I didn't know that; I stand corrected.

No worries. And you caught me in a hyper moment. I've been here a year, and I still say some blatantly incorrect things. :D

Ut
2004-Nov-19, 04:05 PM

I did find that a little harsh to say to a newb with just 4 posts under their belt though. 8-[

Nah, let the pups learn things the way the rest of us had to.

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 04:05 PM

I don't generally look at a person's post count, so I didn't notice he only had 4 posts under his belt. 8)

dvb
2004-Nov-19, 04:15 PM

I don't generally look at a person's post count, so I didn't notice he only had 4 posts under his belt. 8)

You must know something I don't know. 8)

It's all good. ;)

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 04:19 PM

It's all good. ;)

I know lots of things you don't know. :wink:

Captain Kidd
2004-Nov-19, 04:22 PM

It's all good. ;)

..as an engineering student...

Well, having graduated recently (um, 3 years ago, good god where is the time going???), the male to female ratio at my college was about a million to one so that's pretty good odds SciFi's right.

AT: Not picking on you, just having a little fun. :D

dvb
2004-Nov-19, 04:23 PM

It's all good. ;)

What's my cats name? :D

Ut
2004-Nov-19, 04:59 PM

It's all good. ;)

You don't even know your own cat's name? For shame!

Candy
2004-Nov-19, 07:49 PM

It's all good. ;)

You don't even know your own cat's name? For shame! =D> :lol:

SciFi in regards to calm down- I thought you were supposed to say Dick Cheney!

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 08:00 PM

It's all good. ;)

You don't even know your own cat's name? For shame! =D> :lol:

SciFi in regards to calm down- I thought you were supposed to say Dick Cheney!

I can't do that here, Honey. I don't want to get banned. 8)

I was thinking it though.

Robert Andersson
2004-Nov-19, 08:02 PM
Frankly, contacting his ISP would largely be a waste of time. You might find a system adminstrator who is sympathetic, but most ISP's are much more concerned with retaining their subscribers.
About this tellin' the ISP thingy. I would be rather scared if his or any other ISP had rules that allowed them to cancel, or otherwise act on, a subscriber for breaking some bulletin board's arbitrary rules. Unless he has commited an offense or violated their TOA, there is nothing they can (or should) do.

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 08:13 PM
Frankly, contacting his ISP would largely be a waste of time. You might find a system adminstrator who is sympathetic, but most ISP's are much more concerned with retaining their subscribers.
About this tellin' the ISP thingy. I would be rather scared if his or any other ISP had rules that allowed them to cancel, or otherwise act on, a subscriber for breaking some bulletin board's arbitrary rules. Unless he has commited an offense or violated their TOA, there is nothing they can (or should) do.

Does it sound better to you if you add in the word 'arbitrary'?

I mean, seriously, what's a bulletin board owner supposed to do if they keep banning people, and they continue to return and break the rules?

frogesque
2004-Nov-19, 08:34 PM
Why is everyone getting so excited, it's the BA's call. Feeding a re-registered banned ex-member will just give them a lift and more reason to come back again. Just ignor them and they'll go and find a different table to dine on.

Robert Andersson
2004-Nov-19, 09:19 PM
Uhm, yes. It was to emphasize that a BB's rules are not laws. The owner can make up any rules s/he wishes and apply them; thus, they are (generally speaking) arbitrary.

I mean, seriously, what's a bulletin board owner supposed to do if they keep banning people, and they continue to return and break the rules?
It is not really a serious problem. It is perhaps more serious if the person is posting death threats etc, but in such cases laws and ToAs are violated and can be reported to the ISP, and they have reason to act.

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-19, 09:27 PM
Uhm, yes. It was to emphasize that a BB's rules are not laws. The owner can make up any rules s/he wishes and apply them; thus, they are (generally speaking) arbitrary.

It is not really a serious problem. It is perhaps more serious if the person is posting death threats etc, but in such cases laws and ToAs are violated and can be reported to the ISP, and they have reason to act.

I'm just not certain why you place the business of ISP above the business of a bulletin board. It should be possible to prevent people from participating in a privately owned site.

I also imagine that the BA has precedent for contacting the ISP, in that this probably is a violation of many TOS agreements.

Kesh
2004-Nov-20, 05:35 AM
Actually, most BB programs include a 'site ban' option that allows the owner/admin to block an entire section of IP numbers. Essentially, banning everyone at that ISP, since that's the only way to prevent the individual from returning (on that provider, anyway).

Brady Yoon
2004-Nov-20, 07:46 AM
How if we leave the issue to the BA instead of rambling on and on about it? I find it funny that everyone's making such a big deal about ComputerTech, and how to block his ISP's, etc. He got banned from a message board, he hasn't commited a crime. Leave the situation alone. :roll:

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-20, 08:42 AM
I'm not a criminal.. Unless it's a crime to repost on message boards after having been banned. 8-[

I must say I got a chuckle at the "arguments" above. You would have thought I stole government secrets. :o

Just for reference, I think I was banned for actually reposting a locked topic. I think.. and then me and the BA got in an argument about who was right and wrong. Can you guess who won? :(

I did get in some "heated exchanges" with Archer17, but after reading around on here he talked like that with almost everyone. Amazingly, he's still on here and the ones claiming I am rude or mean don't have a problem with him. :-?

In the words of Seinfield: Yada yada yada.

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-20, 10:03 AM

Get over yourself! You've been breaking the rules from the beginning. You've been BANNED! That IS asknig nicely. :roll:

No, that's not askign nicely. And, the above is you being rude. Why is okay for you to be rude?

Do I have to be a debunking skeptic in order to be a rude person on here?

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-20, 10:11 AM

You never did answer my response.

If the aliens show up looking like the ones the abductee's have been saying for years, than it does prove it. Right?

I mean, is there something I missed out of that?

SciFi Chick
2004-Nov-20, 02:35 PM
I'm finished with this thread. If ComputerTech wishes any further correspondence with me, he's welcome to it at FWIS (http://loresinger.com/FWIS/index.php)

AT
2004-Nov-20, 03:50 PM
If the aliens show up looking like the ones the abductee's have been saying for years, than it does prove it. Right?

I think I'm kinda hijaking this thread, but since this doesn't involve cosmology or anything, I might actaully be able to field this one.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not really. By Achems Razor (simplist solution is probably the right one) which is more plausible;
-That aliens have been visiting in secret, without any real scientist ever finding hard evidence for them, maybe because of a wide-reaching conspiracy to cover it up, involving hundreds of different governments OR
-that the hypothetical aliens happened to be close to one of the (several thousand?) different aliens (the whole grey alien, big eyes has become popular only AFTER being in several movies) abductees have seen or we've seen in movies.

It would be an interesting coincedence, but with the shear volume of different aliens people have claimed to have seen, one of them might end up being close many years down the road.
But if aliens end up looking like the ones from Aliens 1, 2 and 3, that doesn't mean that the movies are based on fact; it is far more likely that its pure chance.

Candy
2004-Nov-20, 04:29 PM

No, that's not askign nicely. And, the above is you being rude. Why is okay for you to be rude?

Do I have to be a debunking skeptic in order to be a rude person on here? Ok, this is funny. See bold. 8-[

tofu
2004-Nov-20, 04:30 PM

that would convince me. But what if they deny it? Could an alternate explanation be that Humans are psychic? Have you read A.C. Clarke's book _Childhood's End_ I guess I should say *spoiler warning* in case anyone happens to be reading that book right now. Anyway, in it the aliens look exactly like the way our various cultures have always depicted satan. The explanation for this coincidence is that humans are partially psychic, and could look down through the corridors of time and see these aliens here at our end, and they were afraid of it. Pretty cool idea if you ask me.

Assuming we aren't psychic, what happens if a group of aliens who look exactly like the classic "greys" lands on the white house lawn and says, "we come in peace." I think they'd probably better have a damn good explanation for all those kidnappings and anal probes. Don't you? If they deny it, then what are we going to say? They have space travel, and apparently the ability to evade our military. We can't fight them. There's no point in even arguing with them.

Which raises my third and final point. If the aliens really want to run scientific tests on humans, they shouldn't bother sneaking around or hiding. They should just land in central park New York and talk all the humans they want. There's nothing we can do about it. When they take off again, they could roll down a window and give us all the finger. What are we going to do? Nothing.

And that's why this whole alien abduction thing sounds so silly to me. I can't think of any logical reason for them to behave the way they purportedly do. I just doesn't make sense. So I'll grant that if aliens did show up, and if they did look like grays, I'd have to believe they've been here all along (unless we are psycic). But I just don't see that happening.

tofu
2004-Nov-20, 04:31 PM
Ok, this is funny. See bold. 8-[

LOL. good catch. I think they're meant to be together.

Yoshua
2004-Nov-20, 04:36 PM

I think I'm kinda hijaking this thread, but since this doesn't involve cosmology or anything, I might actaully be able to field this one.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not really. By Achems Razor (simplist solution is probably the right one) which is more plausible;
-That aliens have been visiting in secret, without any real scientist ever finding hard evidence for them, maybe because of a wide-reaching conspiracy to cover it up, involving hundreds of different governments OR
-that the hypothetical aliens happened to be close to one of the (several thousand?) different aliens (the whole grey alien, big eyes has become popular only AFTER being in several movies) abductees have seen or we've seen in movies.

It would be an interesting coincedence, but with the shear volume of different aliens people have claimed to have seen, one of them might end up being close many years down the road.
But if aliens end up looking like the ones from Aliens 1, 2 and 3, that doesn't mean that the movies are based on fact; it is far more likely that its pure chance.

It's Occam's Razor, but good reply anyways.

AT
2004-Nov-20, 04:36 PM
that would convince me.

It would take "Yup, we've been here before." to convince me.
The problem is that abductees have seen all sorts of aliens (not just greys, by far), to the point where if we do meet aliens, I'd be willing to bet the someone got it pretty close.

And I've been spelling it 'Occams Razor' for several years, but was told it was wrong yesterday; apparently I'm not skeptical enough :)

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-20, 04:50 PM
I'm not a criminal.. Unless it's a crime to repost on message boards after having been banned. 8-[

If your actions cost the BA money then he has the right to file charges against you. If it got to over $5000 in damages then it would be the FBI IIRC who would do the finding you. I highly doubt you have cost him any money though so you don't need to worry but if he contacts your ISP then by law if they get too many complaints they will cut you off.

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-21, 02:38 AM
lmao @ ASKNIG and ASKIGN. :oops:

ComputerTech
2004-Nov-21, 02:47 AM
As for abductions and occums razor..

I can't say I understand how one would correctly know what an alien looks like, unless they saw them at some point.

If aliens show up resembling, what even 1 abductee claims it looked like, before we know these aliens existed...

I guess my question is, how would they have known what they look like? Do you think a lucky guess is plausible?

Donnie B.
2004-Nov-23, 12:27 AM
Another possible reason the aliens might look like something we've seen before (even if they weren't here earlier): they might have picked up broadcasts of our science fiction movies, and used advanced technology to make themselves look like what we expect aliens to look like. Nice of them, wouldn't you say? :P

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Nov-23, 01:30 AM
Hmmm... this has wandered sufficiently off-topic. Start a new thread to continue the discussion about aliens if you want.