PDA

View Full Version : What Left These Spooky Trails in the Sky?

Fraser
2013-May-07, 06:40 PM
Ball lightning? Spectral orbs? Swamp gas? Early this morning, May 7, these eerie glowing trails were seen in the sky above the Marshall Islands and were captured on camera by NASA photographer John Grant. Of course, if NASA’s involved there has to be a reasonable explanation, right? For a larger image (and to see what*really [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/102006/what-left-these-spooky-trails-in-the-sky/)

beskeptical
2013-May-07, 10:50 PM
Did you read the link?
Although it might look like cheesy special effects, these colorful clouds are actually visible trails that were left by two sounding rockets launched from Roi Namur in the Marshall Islands, at 3:39 a.m. EDT on May 7.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/102006/what-left-these-spooky-trails-in-the-sky/#ixzz2SeMNveKZYour post leaves me confused.

Buttercup
2013-May-07, 10:53 PM
Looks exactly like rocket exhaust (or whatever technical term is); see it occasionally in direction of White Sands Missile Range.

Is there a rocket launch site at that area, or very near to?

grapes
2013-May-08, 12:41 AM
Universe Today posts on CosmoQuest (attributed to Fraser) are generated automatically when articles (usually written by others) are posted to Universe Today. The first few sentences of the post are duplicates of the article intro, and the post finishes with a link back to the article.

Did sound like a chem trail enthusiast, didn't it? :)

beskeptical
2013-May-09, 05:02 AM
Universe Today posts on CosmoQuest (attributed to Fraser) are generated automatically when articles (usually written by others) are posted to Universe Today. The first few sentences of the post are duplicates of the article intro, and the post finishes with a link back to the article.

Did sound like a chem trail enthusiast, didn't it? :)I didn't what it sounded like. I knew he wasn't one of those 'believers'. Thanks for clearing it up. :D

Of course I should have noticed the post matched the article's beginning.