PDA

View Full Version : Hang On! Trailer for “Gravity” Previews Spacewalk Disaster Film

Fraser
2013-May-10, 02:30 PM
Yikes! The trailer for an upcoming film “Gravity” is absolutely terrifying. This movie won’t hit theaters until October 4, 2013, so we can expect to see more trailers after this first ‘teaser.” We do know it is directed by Alfonso Cuarón and stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. Bullock plays a medical engineer on her [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/102068/hang-on-trailer-for-gravity-previews-spacewalk-disaster-film/)

JustAFriend
2013-May-10, 06:16 PM
Looks fun, but when is Hollywood going to stop using the Space Shuttles we don't have any more??

KaiYeves
2013-May-11, 12:57 AM
Looks fun, but when is Hollywood going to stop using the Space Shuttles we don't have any more??
Well, it's possible this film is an alternate history set before July 2011, we don't see a date in the trailer. (The ISS looks symmetrical, so it would have to be after STS-119 and thus March 2009 or after, though.)

schlaugh
2013-May-11, 01:12 AM
Yah, I saw it as a "what if" but still with the same old issues such as sound in a vacuum and maybe even stuff exploding that one would not think could, would or should explode.

It looks like it might be a space version of Open Water. Pressure suits instead of scuba gear.

ASTRO BOY
2013-May-11, 01:34 AM
Yep, I look forward to its release later in the year.

beskeptical
2013-May-11, 01:38 AM
Dinner with Andre comes to mind, a whole movie set around not much more than two people interacting. I suspect it won't be for me.