PDA

View Full Version : Simply Craters and Man vs Machine stats not registering

Jras
2013-May-21, 10:51 PM
I am new at both of these projects. For some reason, I will work on three or four images but only one or two will register when I check my stats. Where are the other ones going?

kmasterdo
2013-May-23, 07:21 PM
Hi Jras, welcome to CosmoQuest. I forwarded your question to the science/build team.

Jras
2013-May-25, 12:27 AM
Thanks! I really enjoy working on these projects.

JimNumn
2014-Jan-03, 04:16 AM
I'm back to Moon Mappers after a year or so off. I can't find My Stats. Is that still available? If so, where?

And, How can I tell whether I am working to the right level of detail? I've done several hundred photos, but I'd really like to know whether I am marking craters right, and whether my tag marks (crater chains, light albedo items, etc.) are what you're looking for?

And, how many of these qualify the reviewer to move beyond Newbie?

kmasterdo
2014-Jan-04, 01:46 PM
First of all, welcome back!

Your statistics should show up under "Galleries" (for Moon Mappers, try this link (http://cosmoquest.org/projects/moon_mappers/gallery/gallery.php)). Clicking on one of your images in the galleries section, you can compare your marks to everybody else's and the averaged marks.

As far as the "newbie" question is concerned, I think this has to do with your number of forum posts and is not related to the number of images marked or craters discovered.

Swift
2014-Jan-04, 03:37 PM
And, how many of these qualify the reviewer to move beyond Newbie?
Hi JumNumn, welcome to CQ.

I thought you were asking about some "Newbie" designation for Moon Mappers. If you are asking about the Newbie for this forum, kmasterdo is exactly correct - observations don't count toward your Forum designation, only posts. I don't want to give out the exact number (as spammers like to know that), but you have a few more to go.

JimNumn
2014-Jan-06, 10:04 PM
Well, I see the photos I've marked, and a list of people who also marked them, and 4 check boxes for various combinations of who marked the photo. But no matter what I check or uncheck, I don't see markings on the photo. Is it because I'm using OS 10.9? Or maybe have pop-ups blocked?

kmasterdo
2014-Jan-08, 09:50 AM
I'll forward that to the build team to find out whether there's a bug.

Ansr
2014-Jan-10, 05:29 PM
What browser and OS are you using?

JimNumn
2014-Jan-11, 12:31 AM
What browser and OS are you using?

Firefox with OS 10.9.1

NoisyAstronomer
2014-Jan-11, 08:40 PM
The markings were broken but have been fixed in Galleries. Try now?

JimNumn
2014-Jan-12, 01:12 AM
Sorry, Nicole! Still not working for me. Would it have to do with my cookie settings, or pop-up block?

NoisyAstronomer
2014-Jan-13, 04:55 AM
Crud! What browser are you using?

I'm on Chrome, pop up blocker disabled (but still seems to work with it on), and cookie settings are "Allow local data to be set."

I'm trying this one for example: http://cosmoquest.org/projects/moon_mappers/gallery/single_image.php?image_id=60165

Let me know your stats and I can fwd along to Cory?

JimNumn
2014-Jan-14, 03:46 AM
Using Firefox on Mac OS 10.1. Something did change - the Gallery main page now shows up all black.

The image you suggest comes up clear, but with no markings.

Then I went to a Windows 7 computer. The Gallery main page is all black, but I do see the markings on your sample.

NoisyAstronomer
2014-Jan-14, 05:20 PM
Oddness. I know the build team is wrestling server probs ATM, but I'll point this out in case they need to test more browsers.

Ansr
2014-Jan-14, 05:29 PM
What version of firefox are you using.

JimNumn
2014-Jan-14, 07:21 PM
What version of firefox are you using.

26.0 for macintosh

Ansr
2014-Jan-14, 08:05 PM
couple things. when you said you have "Mac OS 10.1." a few posts back i am going to assume you meant 10.9.1 like you said earlier. secondly i know gallery was recently messed up so can you make sure you your cache is cleared I don't know the keyboard command for mac to reload without cache so go to history>Clear Recent History> click the details arrow and only check Cache and change time rage to Everything and hit clear now and try again. And if that doesn't work I am going to assume log in pretending to be you to see if something really odd is happening.

JimNumn
2014-Jan-15, 03:58 AM
Yes, I'm using OS 10.9.1.
Clearing the cache fixed it.Thanks for your patience!

NoisyAstronomer
2014-Jan-15, 10:21 PM
Yes, I'm using OS 10.9.1.
Clearing the cache fixed it.Thanks for your patience!

W00t! Glad it worked :-)