PDA

View Full Version : The 2.5 gigapixel photo

Tero
2004-Nov-20, 07:43 PM
Now you can do what they do in movies: zoom in on a picture (http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite966.html) like there's no tomorrow.

So much fun! :P

VTBoy
2004-Nov-20, 08:04 PM
Whats with all of the barrel distortion in the image. But it is still very neat.

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-20, 08:21 PM
I like it! Pity the picture could not have been of something more interesting though! :D

Tero
2004-Nov-20, 08:26 PM
Yes, I've been searching for nude beaches in the picture, but there just doesn't seem to be any. :)

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-20, 08:36 PM
Yes, I've been searching for nude beaches in the picture, but there just doesn't seem to be any. :)

Did you see the car/bus and the walking torso?

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-20, 09:14 PM
Wow, that is so much fun!

Gullible Jones
2004-Nov-20, 09:53 PM
Wow... I can actually see the license plate numbers on the cars! :o

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-20, 11:15 PM

Did you see the car/bus and the walking torso?

Have you seen the guy on a bike with a different head? Very bottom of the red path. A guy with a blue shirt on and looks kind of rounded and has a second pair of shoulders with a red t-shirt and a black vest. weird! Maybe its just my PC.

Hey someone has head phones on their dash :D

Okay i just found a bus backend merged with a car #-o

Normandy6644
2004-Nov-20, 11:16 PM
Yeah there seem to be lots of little things wrong with the picture. I saw someone on a bike, but there was like a double image of the wheel a few steps back. I also saw half of a car.

Gullible Jones
2004-Nov-20, 11:59 PM
Yep... The potbellied guy in the blue suit is definitely wearing somebody else's torso and part of that other fellow's head.

He's also got a suitcase attached to one of his bicycle's wheels.... #-o

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-21, 12:04 AM
Okay i'm glad other people see the same things so it's not my screwed up computer... thats a first :D

Gullible Jones
2004-Nov-21, 12:11 AM
Yep, found the walking - errm, floating? - torso now too. Spooky. :lol:

And 2 women looking at a piece of paper, one of whom is holding a bag. Normal, huh? Yes, perfectly, except that they're not wearing shoes... :-k I'm wondering if someone has done a bit of doctoring!

Edit: can someone tell me where the car/bus is?

Edit again: Check out the little parking lot in the bottom left corner, the one with 4 cars parked in it. The nearest car doesn't have any license plate. :o

AliCali
2004-Nov-21, 12:49 AM
Edit again: Check out the little parking lot in the bottom left corner, the one with 4 cars parked in it. The nearest car doesn't have any license plate. :o

Um, the parking lot with the blue beetle at top? If so, then I do see a license plate on all four cars. Maybe I'm looking at a different spot than you are.

Perhaps some of the screwups is due to a (relatively) slow processing time and the moving objects aren't quite in synch?

Also, can you tell that this photo was taken at 3:05?

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-21, 01:48 AM
Edit: can someone tell me where the car/bus is?

Its on the road with the cycle path to its left. Right in the middle of the photo there should be a tower building thing (not sure what to call it), it has 3 windows on its facing side. The bottom one has blinds closed, if you follow the middle window to the road you should be spot on the car/bus.

You don't need to zoom in to find the bus its a big long white thing but when you do it has a car back end.

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-21, 01:52 AM
Now you can do what they do in movies

In the movies they don't have car/bus blends #-o

Tero
2004-Nov-21, 02:26 AM
It's a composition of 600 images taken over 1 hour and 15 minutes, that's why there are screwups in the image. It's explained in "The approach".

jami cat
2004-Nov-22, 02:28 AM

Um, the parking lot with the blue beetle at top? If so, then I do see a license plate on all four cars. Maybe I'm looking at a different spot than you are.

Perhaps some of the screwups is due to a (relatively) slow processing time and the moving objects aren't quite in synch?

Also, can you tell that this photo was taken at 3:05?

The clock tower says 3:05 :)

Did anyone find Waldo?

Moose
2004-Nov-22, 02:38 AM
Hey, that is so cool! I could _almost_ read the titles on some books people left in their apartment window sills (grass among pebbles, and look straight down along the top floor of the buildings.)

Andromeda321
2004-Nov-22, 02:58 AM
Nice. I prefer looking at the horizon myself, whole buildings appear that weren't there before! :)

VTBoy
2004-Nov-22, 05:00 AM
Anyone else notice the floating bicycle wheel without a bike, or the shoulderless, neckless, and headless person.

Nicolas
2004-Nov-22, 10:46 AM
I can see my house in this picture!! it's a bit to the left of the windmill, on the opposite side of one of the higher houses there. (no kidding)

8)

mickal555
2004-Nov-22, 11:26 AM
I can't zoom in much at all whats wrong it just goes funny :cry: :cry:

Moose
2004-Nov-22, 11:44 AM
I can't zoom in much at all whats wrong it just goes funny :cry: :cry:

Just wait. The details will resolve themselves once you've let it sit a bit. Not all of the photo is being transferred to your browser all at once. Just the bits you've asked to see. It shouldn't take long if you have fairly responsive broadband, just a few seconds. It will take a bit if you're off of dialup.

Reacher
2004-Nov-22, 11:53 AM
Edit because I had the same problem as Mickal but Moose saved the day on that one.

Thanks, Moose.

Laguna
2004-Nov-22, 11:58 AM
And 2 women looking at a piece of paper, one of whom is holding a bag. Normal, huh? Yes, perfectly, except that they're not wearing shoes... :-k I'm wondering if someone has done a bit of doctoring!
They do wear shoes.
In Germany we call them FlipFlops. I donīt know how you call them.

mickal555
2004-Nov-22, 12:23 PM
They do wear shoes.
Thongs

Maksutov
2004-Nov-22, 01:02 PM
They do wear shoes.
Thongs
Thongs are two different things in the US. Some go on your feet, others look really fine on a well-proportioned lady. :D