PDA

View Full Version : If humans could live for hundreds of years, How would the body change?

potoole
2013-Jun-05, 05:54 PM
Over hundreds of years, would the human form change significantly? Would the body gradually transform into something resembling a walking prune, or large pickle ?
Would really old humans look like 'Yoda'? (Star Wars 'Yoda' was 800 years old)
:D

o2le ;)

iquestor
2013-Jun-05, 06:54 PM
I'd think longer years would equal lower metabolism; Tortises live a long time, but are slow and wrinkly.

Noclevername
2013-Jun-05, 07:46 PM
900 years was Yoda.

As for humans, I think it would depend on what changes were made in their bodies to extend their lives to hundreds of years. Most people would probably want to keep themselves looking like young adult humans. And with that level of biotech, let alone what might develop after 800-900 more years, you could probably look like anything you wanted.

Ara Pacis
2013-Jun-05, 09:16 PM
Over hundreds of years, would the human form change significantly? Would the body gradually transform into something resembling a walking prune, or large pickle ?
Would really old humans look like 'Yoda'? (Star Wars 'Yoda' was 800 years old)

A human was Yoda?

I'm not sure if you mean to ask about humans that happen to live that long or what we would change to adapt ourselves to live that long.