PDA

View Full Version : Falling skies season 3 (spoilers)

tusenfem
2013-Jun-11, 08:04 AM
Okay, I just watched falling skies S03E01E02 yesterday evening.
I don't know about you all, but I was kind of surprised how it started, if not to say confused.

In S02E10 (A More Perfect Union) a new alien drops in unexpectedly, well that's okay.
But then S03E01 (On Thin Ice) it is suddenly 7 months later, we don't get to know the what-and-how with this new new species, only that they are (allegedly) the enemy of the scritters and want to help exterminate them on Earth? (I know there are names for the species, but I can't remember them.)

I think it as a bit too much of a stretch here, for a season's opening.

Fazor
2013-Jun-11, 02:41 PM
I can't stand the show. Decent premise. Spotty acting. Horrible writing. Things happen / people do stuff with no consistency all the time. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. If you're going to create a sprawling drama, create a consistent world that makes sense.

But, like most shows I hate, my g/f loves it. So I catch more of it than I'd like. She's taken to trying to watch the episodes when I'm not around, so I haven't seen the new season or much of season 2.

iquestor
2013-Jun-11, 06:13 PM
I was unimpressed with the season opener to the point where I didnt even watch it all. its 7 months later and the characters are still having these "As you know, Bob" conversations to fill us in. Writing is horrible, acting is horrible, and its just same old same old.

Ara Pacis
2013-Jun-12, 04:46 AM
I'm intrigued by the premise, but the characterization is getting stale. The characters don't evolve. Obvious exposition is obvious.

iquestor
2013-Jul-02, 12:47 AM
does anybody else think this thing is gettting worse and worse?? the acting is horrible, and they threw Michael Hogan (COl. Saul Tigh from Galactica) I think to draw people in. I guess I keep hoping it gets better, but its stinking worse and worse, to me at least. you guys?

Ara Pacis
2013-Jul-02, 04:37 AM
It's become a soap opera. It doesn't feel like it's building to anything, except more people whining about something.

tusenfem
2013-Jul-02, 10:15 AM
Have not yet seen last sunday's episode, maybe tonight.
It is not getting any better, specially not the acting.