PDA

View Full Version : Office Spies!!

2004-Nov-22, 06:24 PM
The other day, I emailed Candy to tell her that her BABB picture had somehow been installed on the office PC as wallpaper...

Today, I found out that some daft **** I work with, has spent hours of company-time trolling through everything I've ever posted on BABB - 99% of it being from home!!

How sad, that anyone can be so obsessed with someone-else's messages, to justify all that time - and then spread it around the office as gossip??

Dear oh dear!!! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ :o

Nicolas
2004-Nov-22, 06:27 PM
You work with Candy??? :D

frogesque
2004-Nov-22, 06:47 PM
No life of their own to lead so they 'adopt' other peoples'.

Someone needs help, professional help, now

CTM VT 2K
2004-Nov-22, 07:00 PM
No life of their own to lead so they 'adopt' other peoples'.

Someone needs help, professional help, now

No joke! Whomever this is needs help. Badly. FAR better to be safe than sorry.

Bob
2004-Nov-22, 07:25 PM
"Daft ****?"

Better get your cv up to date.

Lycus
2004-Nov-22, 07:32 PM
I'm guessing that she was Googling your name and the BABB came up in the results.

Do you suppose she's reading this right now? 8-[

Spacewriter
2004-Nov-22, 07:32 PM
I love the word "****." First heard it in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" when the Lady of the Lake (who supposedly handed Arthur his sword from the lake) was referred to as a "moistened ****."

sarongsong
2004-Nov-22, 10:54 PM
Is Daft **** knowledgeable enough to plant a virus?

Damburger
2004-Nov-22, 10:56 PM
Do you think she's found out about how you've been defrauding the company?

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't help myself :lol:

gethen
2004-Nov-23, 12:50 AM
Daft ****? Lovely set of words. =D>

2004-Nov-23, 06:58 AM
Is Daft **** knowledgeable enough to plant a virus?

I doubt it... :lol: :lol:

2004-Nov-23, 07:01 AM
You work with Candy??? :D

No, I've merely communicated with her...She was kind enough to send a pumpkin pie to me.

Some folks just like to mind others' business. I put it down to NCTS [Net Curtain Twitching Syndrome]!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 01:24 PM
You work with Candy??? :D That's not funny. :wink:

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 01:29 PM
The other day, I emailed Candy to tell her that her BABB picture had somehow been installed on the office PC as wallpaper... So basically, you are looking at me all day long? :P

Nicolas
2004-Nov-23, 04:56 PM
That's not funny.

I interpret the wink as you not taking my comment too seriously. I was indeed just joking on the interpretation of the OP as the ("rather" improbable) situation where you actually work at his office and were referred to as the "daft ****" who put her own photo on his desktop...

But this situation has to be very annoying for Pete, having people interfering in his life. Except for the picture, you stay out of the picture (<== PUN) but I do believe you don't like the situation either.

I don't know if the man should take some counseling, but a good talk with the man would be a nice starting point!

2004-Nov-23, 05:21 PM
The other day, I emailed Candy to tell her that her BABB picture had somehow been installed on the office PC as wallpaper... So basically, you are looking at me all day long? :P

As often as I can... :D :D :D :D :oops:

2004-Nov-23, 05:26 PM
That's not funny.

I interpret the wink as you not taking my comment too seriously. I was indeed just joking on the interpretation of the OP as the ("rather" improbable) situation where you actually work at his office and were referred to as the "daft ****" who put her own photo on his desktop...

But this situation has to be very annoying for Pete, having people interfering in his life. Except for the picture, you stay out of the picture (<== PUN) but I do believe you don't like the situation either.

I don't know if the man should take some counseling, but a good talk with the man would be a nice starting point!

Candy's not the problem. She has done nothing at all to be ashamed of...She is my friend!!!

It's neither me nor Candy that's in need of counselling...

:D :D

Nicolas
2004-Nov-23, 05:53 PM
With "the man" I referred to the one that went through your posts. I don't think you or Candy have mental problems as far as I know. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I was wondering how you know he read your posts? You can't see who read your posts on the BABB itself, can you?

I hope he'll mind his own life in the future, I don't know about him but for me that's a full time job. (I think I just pointed out his problem...)

Maybe the man is just after the pie :-?

2004-Nov-23, 06:07 PM
He is a she. No wonder we were at cross purposes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that it is some kind of "office politics"; but, why anyone would want spend hours trolling through what takes another minutes to do [And then boast about it!] is beyond me... #-o #-o #-o #-o

Nicolas
2004-Nov-23, 06:56 PM
Oh a she... well I could imagine nicer ways she could be coming into your life... (that is if she would be a nice person and you would be interested)

why anyone would want spend hours trolling through what takes another minutes to do [And then boast about it!] is beyond me...

I think it is beyond anyone not doing it themselves...
I really can't come up with a reason, I would hate taking the effort to dig into someone else's life, my own is enough of a burden sometimes.

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 07:21 PM

As often as I can... :D :D :D :D :oops: I don't mind. :D

Did you ask the lady why she did this? Was it just meant as a joke?

2004-Nov-23, 08:06 PM

As often as I can... :D :D :D :D :oops: I don't mind. :D

Did you ask the lady why she did this? Was it just meant as a joke?

I think it's Office Politics. I can't think of any other reason. Some folks are just plain nosey, I suppose??

Maybe I should put you on my home PC wallpaper...Better than Angelina Jolie!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 08:12 PM
Maybe I should put you on my home PC wallpaper...Better than Angelina Jolie!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Works for me! :P

2004-Nov-23, 08:18 PM
Maybe I should put you on my home PC wallpaper...Better than Angelina Jolie!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Works for me! :P

Have you got you on your wallpaper too?? :o

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 08:26 PM

Have you got you on your wallpaper too?? :o No. I meant you having my photo as wallpaper worked for me. I like the thought that I could be a pin-up girl. :lol:

I have a cartoon type photo of an United Airlines airplane as wallpaper. 8-[

Doe, John
2004-Nov-23, 11:31 PM
I like the thought that I could be a pin-up girl. :lol:
Well, you know, you could give us a new picture to gawk at. The one with Phil and whatisname doesn't count. Maybe something in a polka-dot bikini :oops: 8-[ :wink:

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 11:39 PM
I like the thought that I could be a pin-up girl. :lol:
Well, you know, you could give us a new picture to gawk at. The one with Phil and whatisname doesn't count. Maybe something in a polka-dot bikini :oops: 8-[ :wink: You first. 8-[

Gullible Jones would have a fit if I posted that kind of photo. He picks on me, you know? 8)

frenat
2004-Nov-23, 11:46 PM
Where's the first picture?

Candy
2004-Nov-23, 11:54 PM
Where's the first picture? Lycus' masterpiece of the BABBers! (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/babbalbum/album?.dir=7fff) I have some from my visit to the Schaumburg Air Show. Humphrey said I was dressed like a monk. :oops:

Candy
2004-Nov-24, 12:10 AM
http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/candy.jpg
I could have Lycus use this photo instead. 8-[

Doe, John
2004-Nov-24, 03:19 AM
nice, very nice . . . I especially like the slightly mischeivious smile. I may send lycus a photo. Not in a bikini, that would cause too many vomit induced monitor failures. :P

2004-Nov-24, 07:46 AM

Have you got you on your wallpaper too?? :o No. I meant you having my photo as wallpaper worked for me. I like the thought that I could be a pin-up girl. :lol:

I have a cartoon type photo of an United Airlines airplane as wallpaper. 8-[

I've got one for net-weather now too. That lovely face will be BRILLIANT wallpaper... :P :P :P \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :P :P \:D/ \:D/ :D :D :oops: :oops:

2004-Nov-24, 07:47 AM
http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/candy.jpg
I could have Lycus use this photo instead. 8-[

moi