PDA

View Full Version : is anyone else having problems with Youtube?

parallaxicality
2013-Jun-13, 07:09 AM
Or is it just me? Loading times for videos have occasionally risen to dial-up levels, and I can no longer limit results by time (week, month year)

Nicolas
2013-Jun-13, 12:02 PM
Sometimes I got hangups on the PC after watching a few videos, though it hasn't happened to me anymore recently (weeks).

My "smart" TV however, can't buffer more than 5 seconds of youtube....tv's fault. Sigh, talk about launching an unfinished machine.

Cookie
2013-Jun-13, 01:14 PM
Or is it just me? Loading times for videos have occasionally risen to dial-up levels, and I can no longer limit results by time (week, month year)
Whenever I click a link to a video on youtube, the page kinda hangs for a while before the video will load.
This has been happening for a while, and it happens on all the PCs at home, work, and school, regardless of ISP, Internet speed, CPU type and speed, video card, or OS, or Web Browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome).

NEOWatcher
2013-Jun-13, 01:22 PM
It seems like every few months or so, I get some kind of different behavior on youtube.
- I get that hanging now too.
- The number of related videos shown (It doesn't seem constant even during a single session)
- The options for sorting or selecting.
- The format of the front page.
- The way the picture buffers (sometimes longer sometimes less. Right now, it's in the less phase) I used to be able to go back in a video at least a minute or two without it re-buffering.
- The quality of the search. I've noticed lately that sometimes I search for something sorted by upload date, I would get a couple of pages of things within the past day, a few items "a day ago" and it then jumps to 3 or 4 days ago. With pages of stuff in the last 24 hours, I find it very hard to believe that nothing was posted in a 2 day span.

rigel
2013-Jun-13, 03:45 PM
Yes, since I am using my son's old laptop (with Xp) today, some of music videos are not playing well.

Ara Pacis
2013-Jun-14, 04:34 AM
No problem at the moment, but it's a still picture for the video. or maybe I Got Lucky, with Daft Punk.