PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Bloodlines

Tranquility
2004-Nov-23, 06:01 PM
Anybody picked up the apparently only good RPG of this year? I heard it's pretty good, with a very nice storyline, with a character even hotter than BloodRayne :D . Though I keep hearing of several gameplay glitches that keep popping up, probably because of the Source engine and the fact that it's still shiny new.

I'm thinking of holding off on World of Warcraft (definitely not on Armies of Exigo and Battle for Middle Earth though, but those are coming out end of December for me) and it leaves a gap I need to fill up. Any input on this one?

PyroFreak
2004-Nov-23, 06:48 PM
I haven't heard much about Bloodlines, but I know that its predecessor, VTM:Redemption, is one of my favorite games of all time, so I would put my money with it and say it's gunna be worth it.

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-23, 06:58 PM
I'm planning on picking it up this week once I get paid. It looks awesome. I'm just hoping it's plays true to the table-top, but from what I hear, it does.

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-27, 06:34 PM
Just picked this up last night. Looks very promising. I can run this alot better than HL2 even though it's on Source. There's a few audio bugs I've come across that will need patching, unless it's just me.

It holds pretty true to the pen and paper game if you've played it, otherwise it's a really deep system if you haven't. Loads of powers in each clan, and tons of different attributes that actually contribute.

I'd need to play it a bit longer before I could honestly say to go out and pick it up, though. But I'm on top of that ;)

orion11349
2004-Nov-27, 06:59 PM
I would be very careful about buying it. It is made by Atari and Trioka the same ones responsible for temple of elemental evil and it has been full of bugs and very little support from Atari. Go to the message boards for Vampire and see what people are saying about it before buying.

Just my two cents

BAroxMysox
2004-Nov-27, 07:21 PM
That would be a good idea as well. Reviews seems overall good though.

The bugs I've come across could use a patch, but they haven't affected gameplay at all. The major one was audio/video synching during cutscenes, and I'm not even sure if it isn't my hardware that's caused it.

Tranquility
2004-Nov-27, 07:35 PM
I heard as well that a patch is coming. BTW the publisher of Bloodlines isn't Atari, it's Activision, same company that published Doom 3, Call of Duty, etc., so I'd expect the support to be up to par.

Also, Atari provides quite a lot of support for UT2004 ;) . I'd say the experience with temple of elemental evil wasn't very good because the game didn't sell that well.

Ilya
2004-Nov-28, 04:08 AM
Anybody picked up the apparently only good RPG of this year?

You know, it is the sign of the times (and makes me feel old) when Role Playing Game is assumed to be something you do on your computer...

Tranquility
2004-Nov-28, 04:19 AM
Anybody picked up the apparently only good RPG of this year?

You know, it is the sign of the times (and makes me feel old) when Role Playing Game is assumed to be something you do on your computer...

Hehe well what are the chances a girl as hot as BloodRayne or the girl in Vampire: Bloodlines will be playing one of those RPGs with me in real life? :lol:

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-28, 08:22 PM
Anybody picked up the apparently only good RPG of this year? I heard it's pretty good, with a very nice storyline, with a character even hotter than BloodRayne :D . Though I keep hearing of several gameplay glitches that keep popping up, probably because of the Source engine and the fact that it's still shiny new.

I'm thinking of holding off on World of Warcraft (definitely not on Armies of Exigo and Battle for Middle Earth though, but those are coming out end of December for me) and it leaves a gap I need to fill up. Any input on this one?

I heard world of warcraft was really poor but i've also heard its a great game so it's deffinetly going to be on your opinion. Battle for middle earth i refuse to pay for now i saw a vid for it after getting rome total war and the battles in shogun looked more impressive [-X

I'm thinking of getting Bloodlines but i've got a long list of RPG's that i haven't finished yet. I've still got arcanum half finished (atleast i hope half finished).

If you get it and it's good PM me and i'll buy it :) always room for RPG's on my 'to play' list.

Tranquility
2004-Nov-28, 08:50 PM
If you get it and it's good PM me and i'll buy it :) always room for RPG's on my 'to play' list.

Not a problem :wink:

Re: World of Warcraft:

Turns out I don't actually have much of a choice in this. For the time being you can only play the game if you have a valid billing address in the US, Aussie land or New Zealand, with delayed localised versions, so unless people outside the US have friends in the US and plan certain payment arrangements with them, you can't play it if you're not in the US, which is a bummer.