PDA

View Full Version : Do Fevers Still Count...

BigDon
2013-Jul-17, 09:06 PM
If they respond to aspirin?

My kidney is going sour again. I've got a beautiful, all expenses paid office visit with my personal physician scheduled for next Monday.

I think my kidney is trying to race me or something.

It hasn't got to the "must go" level of over 103 yet. I've been sliding up to 102 since yesterday though. Which is where its at now.

Yeah, I know. It boils down to how miserable do I want to be before I decide to go get better.

Solfe
2013-Jul-17, 09:14 PM
Don, I would give the doctor a ring. Basically if you are having issues with an organ, the doctor is going to have far better rationales for selecting a medicine than anyone else.

Phil

Swift
2013-Jul-18, 02:59 AM
Don, I would give the doctor a ring. Basically if you are having issues with an organ, the doctor is going to have far better rationales for selecting a medicine than anyone else.

Phil
Yes, you need to at least call the doctor's office.

Ara Pacis
2013-Jul-18, 04:36 AM
I dunno if your condition has any "call doctor with a fever over..." protocols, but the last time I got to 102, I bit the bullet and went to the ER. Luckily, it was only pneumonia.

Can you take tylenol instead of aspirin? It's what I take since I can't take aspirin.

HenrikOlsen
2013-Jul-18, 09:44 AM
I dunno if your condition has any "call doctor with a fever over..." protocols, but the last time I got to 102, I bit the bullet and went to the ER. Luckily, it was only pneumonia.

Can you take tylenol instead of aspirin? It's what I take since I can't take aspirin.
Possibly counterindicated due to interaction with his hypertension drugs, I know it is with mine. (not a doctor though, so don't take this as other than anecdotaal)

Ara Pacis
2013-Jul-18, 05:57 PM
Possibly counterindicated due to interaction with his hypertension drugs, I know it is with mine. (not a doctor though, so don't take this as other than anecdotaal)

Really? I'm restricted from ibuprofen and similar NSAIDs and can only take acetaminophen (paracetamol) with my anti-hypertensives. I could take aspirin, if I wasn't allergic to it.

HenrikOlsen
2013-Jul-18, 06:12 PM
With mine it's paracetamol that's restricted (both stress the liver) while ibuprofen and aspirin are allowed. Which is a definite advantage if I need the anti-inflammatory effect instead of the analgesic, as paracetamol isn't a good anti-inflammatory.
Just goes to show that giving medical advise from limited knowledge is a bad idea.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ara Pacis
2013-Jul-18, 09:23 PM
With mine it's paracetamol that's restricted (both stress the liver) while ibuprofen and aspirin are allowed. Which is a definite advantage if I need the anti-inflammatory effect instead of the analgesic, as paracetamol isn't a good anti-inflammatory.
Just goes to show that giving medical advise from limited knowledge is a bad idea.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I didn't know there were any like that. But I was thinking of Acetaminophen because it's also an anti-pyretic and I thought it was better than ibuprofen/NSAIDs in that role, but perhaps that's not true.

swampyankee
2013-Jul-19, 01:17 AM
Don, I hope you've called your doctor by now: a fever of 102 in an adult is a serious issue.

publiusr
2013-Jul-19, 10:34 PM
Be careful.

BigDon
2013-Jul-22, 06:58 PM
Sick as a dog, but under a doctor's care now.

Still feel too yucky to play today, I'm just checking in to let people know I'm not going to die right away, I just feel like I am.

:)

Swift
2013-Jul-22, 07:00 PM
I'm very glad you are not dead. Please continue to be not dead and get better soon.

BigDon
2013-Jul-24, 07:20 PM
I laughed.

Thank you. I am *much* more comfortable than I was.

The fever was a concurrent flu, now passed. And now I'm all full of anti-inflammatories and pain meds. I feel better than I have in months.