PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SG-1 video game

2004-Nov-24, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of the fact that there is a Stargate SG-1 video game in the works that should be out next year. I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that it will work out as well as potential has for it. Unfortunately tv/movies licenses so often tend to make DREADFUL games. However, this one DOES seem to have the benefit that it's receiving advice from the Air Force, same as the TV show is. They don't have a lot here right now, but here's the link to the official site. (http://www.stargate-alliance.com/)

There's not a lot there right now, it's just a teaser site, but don't those screenshots just look gorgeous?! It's scheduled to be updated on 12/12 with the full site coming early next year. I think this game will almost certainly be going on my short list.

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-24, 09:59 PM
:D :D

Kesh
2004-Nov-25, 03:23 AM
Heard it was coming.

Haven't heard jack-else about it.

There's a few folks saying that the 'virtual reality' Teal'c was plugged into was actually the game graphics, but I'd be surprised.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-25, 03:26 AM
please, oh please let it not be a console only game. All FPS's are worse of on any console than they would be on a PC.

Yoshua
2004-Nov-25, 08:28 PM
please, oh please let it not be a console only game. All FPS's are worse of on any console than they would be on a PC.

Assuming of course, it's a FPS. In which case you would be right. I know some people though whose first FPS experience was on a console. That is what they became accustomed to, these people usually hate PC FPS's for the same reason I hate console FPS's (controls just don't work for me).

I'm not getting my hopes up though. I've never heard of this game studio before. That doesn't mean for sure that it will be bad, but that is the case more often than not. That's compounded with the fact that movie/TV license games almost always suck.

Crossing my fingers though. :D

Humphrey
2004-Nov-26, 12:39 AM
Very true Yoshua. It might not be a FPS and instead a Squad shooter. Then it would not really matter what it is on except graphical differences.

I would agree that some games are far better on a console. Most platformers and most fighting games suck on a PC. Sureyou can get a gamepad, but alot of people don't.

Sometimes unknown publishers do the best work. They are not tied down by increasingly shortened time schedules and decreasing budgets. They do not have to Answer to a big named manufacturere on why their game is not ready by holidays. Like Valve, they can make their game as good as they can and release "When its done".

But they also usually have cruddy budgets and usually do not get the talent the biger manufactureres have.

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-26, 01:05 AM
FPS, RPG and Strategy games should all be PC games (excluding final fantasy they worked well). I remember playing the Red Alert console game it sucked so bad and console FPS i can't work the controles are too inacurate aswell more spray and pray for me :)

If the games FPS, Squad shooter or an RPG fallout style (i can hope :P ) then i should love it. I would love to see an SG-1 RPG game i think it would work really well as RPG's are kind of like the show where they have their fast shoot outs and then the slow more brain using stuff.

I'm only saying that cause i've had my fix of bloodlust with HL2, i'm set till about spring time 8)

Amadeus
2004-Nov-26, 10:37 AM
Well it's comming out on the Xbox :D

As for the whole FPS are better on PC than console it depends.
If you want to play with a mouse and board and behave like you have super vision then pc is the way to go. If you want a more natural experiance then a console seems to work for me.

I've had many late night sessions playing the great Rainbox six on Xbox live.

Damburger
2004-Nov-26, 10:55 AM
Heard it was coming.

Haven't heard jack-else about it.

There's a few folks saying that the 'virtual reality' Teal'c was plugged into was actually the game graphics, but I'd be surprised.

They probably meant that they used the same 3d models - however in that episode it would've been pre-rendered by a huge cluster instead of generated in real time by your PC.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-26, 05:32 PM

If you want to play with a mouse and board and behave like you have super vision then pc is the way to go. If you want a more natural experiance then a console seems to work for me.

I've had many late night sessions playing the great Rainbox six on Xbox live.I think you got it the other way around . PC FPS's almost never use Auto aim, While console have to.

electromagneticpulse
2004-Nov-26, 06:58 PM

I've had many late night sessions playing the great Rainbox six on Xbox live.I think you got it the other way around . PC FPS's almost never use Auto aim, While console have to.

Mouses normally have pixel to pixel movement while console analog sticks use deadzones like joysticks which means their movement is inacurate.

I've actually noticed HL2 has auto-aim on for me or i just got lucky when my revolver shot missed to the left but blew the headcrab off... could happen :roll:

sarongsong
2004-Nov-28, 05:28 AM
4thQ, 2005 (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stargatesg1thealliance/index.html?q=sg-1)