PDA

View Full Version : Cosmos is coming back...

novaderrik
2013-Jul-22, 06:12 AM
...and they made up a fancy 3.5 minute trailer to show off all the ILM quality special effects..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI2htibwWH4

KaiYeves
2013-Jul-22, 02:10 PM
I don't know what I think of the new spaceship design (it kind of looks like Boba Fett's ship), but the rest looks good.

Hlafordlaes
2013-Jul-22, 06:02 PM
Looking forward to it! Always nice to see science promoted in palatable formats.

publiusr
2013-Jul-22, 11:13 PM
I don't know what I think of the new spaceship design (it kind of looks like Boba Fett's ship), but the rest looks good.
Boba Fett? Where?

Concerned
2013-Jul-23, 01:54 AM
Yes.

HenrikOlsen
2013-Jul-23, 07:37 AM
Looking forward to it! Always nice to see science promoted in palatable formats.
Too bad his style is too much for me to palate.:(

KaiYeves
2013-Jul-23, 01:56 PM
Boba Fett? Where?

The asymmetric "fried egg" (as some of my friends have taken to calling it) design, and the way we see it fly with the "yolk" both parallel and perpendicular to the direction of motion kind of remind me of his ship.

Solfe
2013-Jul-23, 02:03 PM
boba fett? Where?

lol!

NEOWatcher
2013-Jul-23, 02:37 PM
The trailer looks exciting, fresh, and interesting (and uninformative).

I do hope it lives up to the trailer at least in some part. But more importantly, I do hope the content doesn't suffer in order to grab attention.

Solfe
2013-Jul-23, 02:48 PM
I saw a water thief, a dandylion puff and the library at Alexandria. The image in front of the Eiffel Tower seems to be narration which looked great. So did the cartoons of the caravel. I think this is going to be great, with a good mix of classic images and new things.

The Backroad Astronomer
2013-Jul-23, 05:46 PM

The bounty hunter of SCIENCE.