Huh????

Bshir
2013-Aug-10, 10:35 AM
Thursday night!!! Squeeeeeee :d
I could not understand what u have said plz explain

Trebuchet
2013-Aug-12, 03:57 PM
Links are your friend.

Phil Plait is on his way to Oz. (http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/07/30/australia_lecture_tour_multi_city_visit_down_under .html)

R.A.F.
2013-Aug-12, 05:17 PM
Links are your friend.

Phil Plait is on his way to Oz. (http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/07/30/australia_lecture_tour_multi_city_visit_down_under .html)

Well, he certainly has become the media darling...good for him.

As usual, he can't find the time to "post a peep" about the visit, here...on the board that bears his moniker.

Gillianren
2013-Aug-12, 06:21 PM
Well, he certainly has become the media darling...good for him.

An online friend who posts dozens of images a day posted one a couple of days ago that was a picture of Phil and something he'd said about . . . something. Don't remember what. I told her a couple of things about him, including the now-obligatory grumble about how long it had been since he'd been around here and how badly the merger went.

R.A.F.
2013-Aug-12, 09:17 PM
Didn't really intend for that to read so sarcastic...just a little bit sarcastic. :)

When Phil went from interacting "one on one" with others (such as posting here) to his blog, where he just talks at people...well, he lost a very important "something", and I don't think he can ever get it back.

edit to add....it's the same if you replace "he lost" with "we lost"...

Trebuchet
2013-Aug-13, 04:21 PM
Didn't really intend for that to read so sarcastic...just a little bit sarcastic. :)

When Phil went from interacting "one on one" with others (such as posting here) to his blog, where he just talks at people...well, he lost a very important "something", and I don't think he can ever get it back.

edit to add....it's the same if you replace "he lost" with "we lost"...

And if that wasn't bad enough, he moved to Slate, with its utterly useless commenting system.

R.A.F.
2013-Aug-13, 04:34 PM
And if that wasn't bad enough, he moved to Slate, with its utterly useless commenting system.

Yep....for some reason I can't comment at slate at all...and eventually I just gave up trying...haven't bothered to read any of Phil's commentary for at least the last 6 months, as it would be pointless to read without being able to comment.