PDA

View Full Version : For those who think the US is good at keeping secrets

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-13, 11:59 PM
Saw this on CNN today:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/06/13/nato.spyplane/index.html

And this is the same military that has supposedly kept an Apollo hoax, alien bodies and whatever else the conspiricists claim secret for decades without a single serious leak?
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wiley
2002-Jun-14, 12:14 AM
Hee hee. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

This is great. Thanks for the link.

CC
2002-Jun-14, 01:25 AM
Perhaps the US want the Bosnian war criminals to know where the spy planes are!
This way they can avoid expensive trials and keep the region unstable for US arms dealers to exploit.

Look behind the picture.

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-14, 01:57 AM
Perhaps the US want the Bosnian war criminals to know where the spy planes are!
This way they can avoid expensive trials and keep the region unstable for US arms dealers to exploit.

Look behind the picture.

If that were the case why bother making the flights at all? If anyone asks just say you did. If someone were looking to make a backroom deal there are usually ways of doing it other than a broadcast next to ESPN.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pvtpylot on 2002-06-13 22:02 ]</font>

CC
2002-Jun-14, 06:24 AM
If that were the case why bother making the flights at all?

Evidence. I dont say all the US officals are corrupt - just about 99% of them.
The planes could actually be utilised to help the fleeing criminals keep one step ahead of NATO troops.
Milosevic is tearing apart NATOs claim of genocide by comparing his plight with the global fight against Islamic terrorists.
He and his sidekicks could be very useful in the region if the muslims kick off.

On a less serious note, I hope the unencrypted satellite images continue. While the Americans were paying $54.95 to see Tyson get slaughtered by a British Lennox Lewis. We Brits got the the fight for nothing. $00.00
One just needed to know which satellite to point the dish at. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CC on 2002-06-14 02:31 ]</font>

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-14, 06:36 AM
On 2002-06-14 02:24, CC wrote:

Evidence. I dont say all the US officals are corrupt - just about 99% of them.
The planes could actually be utilised to help the fleeing criminals keep one step ahead of NATO troops.
Milosevic is tearing apart NATOs claim of genocide by comparing his plight with the global fight against Islamic terrorists.
He and his sidekicks could be very useful in the region if the muslims kick off.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. Everything you mention above could have been accomplished with a phone call instead of a cable broadcast opposite Nick at Night.

In any case I think we're drifting way off-topic for this forum so it's probably best if we agree to disagree and leave it be.

Simon
2002-Jun-14, 01:17 PM
Yes, back on topic...

Hmm... It wasn't terribly important data, was it? It wasn't code keys or a precis of Bush's love life, just pictures. As long as the military got them, why would they care too much about who else got them?

Okay, I know we have some military-types out there, so tell me the reason. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

David Hall
2002-Jun-14, 01:42 PM
On 2002-06-14 09:17, Simon wrote:
Yes, back on topic...

Hmm... It wasn't terribly important data, was it? It wasn't code keys or a precis of Bush's love life, just pictures. As long as the military got them, why would they care too much about who else got them?

Well, for one thing, if you know what the enemy knows, then you may have a chance at anticipating what they might do. For a second reason, it can help you to design better ways to hide your facilities from the same kind of reconassance in the future. Knowing what they can and can't see, and what they have already found out, can help you defend what's still secret.

Karamoon
2002-Jun-14, 05:57 PM
It wasn't terribly important data, was it?

No. NATO were informed about this quite some time ago, but they already knew and informed all of those concerned that nothing of a classified nature would be transmitted over that particular channel.