PDA

View Full Version : Phantasmagoria

Vega115
2004-Nov-26, 07:03 PM
Have any of you guys (and gals!) ever played the computer game "Phantasmagoria"? Its an old game, from 1995, but it was cutting edge in its technology (and nowadays, thats not saying much). It was also a MONSTER of a game, whopping in at seven cd's. (originally it was suppose to have 12 ive heard)

Now, its not a game for those with a quesy stomach. It is so gory that they put an option to censor out all the gore (i.e. when a character kills his wife by scooping out her throat with a garden shovel) And also, it was extremely controversial in that it had a rape scene in it. Yes. A rape scene. :o

So, have any of you played it, and what were your thoughts on it? If you havent played it, dont even bother because it is impossible to find.

2004-Nov-26, 07:07 PM
Have any of you guys (and gals!) ever played the computer game "Phantasmagoria"? Its an old game, from 1995, but it was cutting edge in its technology (and nowadays, thats not saying much). It was also a MONSTER of a game, whopping in at seven cd's. (originally it was suppose to have 12 ive heard)

Now, its not a game for those with a quesy stomach. It is so gory that they put an option to censor out all the gore (i.e. when a character kills his wife by scooping out her throat with a garden shovel) And also, it was extremely controversial in that it had a rape scene in it. Yes. A rape scene. :o

So, have any of you played it, and what were your thoughts on it? If you havent played it, dont even bother because it is impossible to find.

Yes, I played it. Years ago when it was relatively new. I really couldn't tell you what I thought, but I believe it was fairly decent or so I thought at the time. Well, as decent as any FMV adventure game can be.

Moose
2004-Nov-26, 07:38 PM
Was this the sequel to 7th Guest, or am I thinking about something else?

2004-Nov-26, 10:13 PM
Was this the sequel to 7th Guest, or am I thinking about something else?

No, you're thinking of the 11th hour. Phantasmagoria was a sequel to another game (I think), but I can't think of the name right now.

Moose
2004-Nov-26, 10:33 PM
According to Gamespot, it was Sierra's first FMV attempt, so I'm guessing there's no direct prequel.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about 11th Hour.

2004-Nov-26, 11:54 PM
You're right. That was my bad. There was a Phantasmagoria 2, which must have been what I was thinking of, though somehow I thought it had a different name.

Vermonter
2004-Nov-28, 07:33 PM
I have Phantasmagoria 1 & 2...I managed to finish the first one. The second one is even more gory and graphic than the first, touting better FMV and perhaps a better storyline. They weren't bad games, and they were unique, even to each other.

mid
2004-Nov-29, 01:19 PM
Phantasmagoria 2 is one of the few games that the BBFC here in the UK insisted on cuts before they would even give it an 18 certificate, they were so unhappy with the use of sexual violence.