PDA

View Full Version : The Wizard's staff has a ...

frogesque
2004-Nov-28, 10:02 PM
Ooook!

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-28, 10:46 PM
Librarians rule ook!
:D

frogesque
2004-Nov-28, 11:00 PM
"Well, I can do next Tuesday."

mickal555
2004-Nov-28, 11:15 PM
:-s

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-28, 11:22 PM
inna bun!

frogesque
2004-Nov-28, 11:34 PM
Yeth Mathter!

AndrewGPaul
2004-Nov-29, 01:34 AM
I -ing hate this -ing thread.

(Hope someone gets the joke, and i don't get banned)

frogesque
2004-Nov-29, 09:03 AM
I -ing hate this -ing thread.

(Hope someone gets the joke, and i don't get banned)

Poot!

AstroSmurf
2004-Nov-29, 09:37 AM
Millennium hand and shrimp!

Fram
2004-Nov-29, 12:11 PM
Dried frog pills!

Hutch
2004-Nov-29, 12:36 PM

I'm with you, mick... :-? :-? :-? :-s :-s :-s

Perhaps it's a secret Masonic ritual?

johnb
2004-Nov-29, 12:50 PM

I'm with you, mick... :-? :-? :-? :-s :-s :-s

Perhaps it's a secret Masonic ritual?

Nope. Keep taking the dried frog pills and you`ll figure it out. 8) :D

pghnative
2004-Nov-29, 06:33 PM
umm.... a little help please???

Careless
2004-Nov-29, 06:40 PM
Well, I'll tell you, but I'm cutting me own throat here

Or not

TimH
2004-Nov-29, 06:53 PM
Well, I'll tell you, but I'm cutting me own throat here

Or not

But if you do that, won't someone on the board get in trouble for talking LIKE THIS?

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-29, 07:09 PM
Say hello to Binky

darkhunter
2004-Nov-29, 08:22 PM
ERRR...HELLO?

frogesque
2004-Nov-29, 09:27 PM
SQUEAK!

NoXion
2004-Nov-29, 10:02 PM
Is it safe? is large teeth involved?

darkhunter
2004-Nov-29, 10:03 PM
ACTUALLY, LOTS OF LITTLE LEGS....

Grizzly
2004-Nov-29, 11:25 PM
Actually I think I know what you're talking about, but I haven't waded that far in to the series yet.

I'm reading about 10 pages at a time to my kids.

I don't like shoop.

----
Lapsus linguae
A slip of the tongue

EvilBob
2004-Nov-30, 03:19 AM
Bingely-bingely-beep!

Metricyard
2004-Nov-30, 03:24 AM
I think the Vorlons have taken over.. :o

frogesque
2004-Nov-30, 03:54 AM
1 ... The Sunshine Home For Sick Dragons in Morphic Street, Please Leave Donations of Coal by Side Door. Remember, A Dragon is For Life, Not Just for Hogswatchnight.

I think the Vorlons have taken over.. :o

No ... But the Omnians might. :lol:

BTW Welcome to the magical world of Pterry.

EvilBob
2004-Nov-30, 03:57 AM
No ... But the Omnians might. :lol:

Or Johnny Klatchian!

Morrolan
2004-Nov-30, 04:01 AM
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.

mickal555
2004-Nov-30, 05:51 AM
I'm still in the dark about this gibberish

Morrolan
2004-Nov-30, 06:08 AM

read thee the novels of Discworld by Terry Pratchett and thou shalt be enlightened. :wink:

TrAI
2004-Nov-30, 08:18 AM
But, of course, the the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

scotsman
2004-Nov-30, 11:30 AM
Millennium Hand and shrimp...I told em...Bugger it.

Errr...Woof Woof bloody Woof!

Paul Mitchell
2004-Nov-30, 11:45 AM
I could tell you, but I'd be cutting me own throat :D

captain swoop
2004-Nov-30, 11:52 AM
Remember not to mention the number 7a

scotsman
2004-Nov-30, 11:59 AM
WHO KNOWS WHAT DARKNESS LURKS IN HEART OF MEN

SQUEAK!

WELL YES OF COURSE I DO , I JUST WONDERED IF THERE WAS ANYONE ELSE...

frogesque
2004-Nov-30, 02:16 PM
What're quantum mechanics?
- I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose.

Amadeus
2004-Nov-30, 02:22 PM
If you're going to have crime it might as well be organised....

btw dont call him a monkey!

Careless
2004-Nov-30, 03:34 PM
I could tell you, but I'd be cutting me own throat :D
excuse me...

captain swoop
2004-Nov-30, 04:06 PM
DARK IN HERE ISN'T IT?

TimH
2004-Nov-30, 04:16 PM
Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad.

ToSeek
2004-Nov-30, 05:23 PM
The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.

frogesque
2004-Nov-30, 05:33 PM
Our stars are entwined," said Casanunda. "We're fated for one another. I want's your body Mrs Ogg."

"I'm still using it"

zebo-the-fat
2004-Nov-30, 10:44 PM
In fact, no gods anywhere play chess. They prefer simple, vicious games, where you Do Not Achieve Transcendence but Go Straight to Oblivion; a key to the understanding of all religion is that a god's idea of amusement is Snakes and Ladders with greased rungs.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)

EvilBob
2004-Dec-01, 01:37 AM
I NEVER SLEEP. I AM PROVERBIAL FOR IT.

Morrolan
2004-Dec-01, 02:18 AM
The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Weedle.
He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously. Presumably, he said, there must be some elementary particles -- kingons, or possibly queons -- that do this job, but of course succession sometimes fails if, in mid-flight, they strike an anti-particle, or republicon.
His ambitious plans to use his discovery to send messages, involving the careful torturing of a small king in order to modulate the signal, were never fully expanded because, at that point, the bar closed.

:)

johnb
2004-Dec-02, 10:07 AM

"Gibberish":- The language spoken in the land of Gibber.

mickal555
2004-Dec-02, 10:19 AM

"Gibberish":- The language spoken in the land of Gibber.\
Yeah thats exatly what I meant 8-[

johnb
2004-Dec-02, 10:22 AM
D T R T S__TO__F R__W R N G__ S H T__!!!!!

Amadeus
2004-Dec-02, 01:19 PM
Rat ona stick!

Ketchup extra!

frogesque
2004-Dec-02, 02:00 PM
I aintn't dead!

ToSeek
2004-Dec-02, 02:58 PM
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.

darkhunter
2004-Dec-02, 06:25 PM
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

zebo-the-fat
2004-Dec-02, 07:25 PM
"You can't go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it's just a cage."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad)

ToSeek
2004-Dec-02, 08:35 PM
Lady Ramkin's bosom rose and fell like an empire.

Odinoneeye
2004-Dec-03, 12:22 AM
Man, I could really use some fried rat and dwarf bread.

johnb
2004-Dec-05, 11:00 AM
I love dwarf bread! One look at it and I aint hungry anymore. Fills you right up it does.

darkhunter
2004-Dec-05, 01:00 PM
Dock-a-loodle-fod!

Morrolan
2004-Dec-06, 02:22 AM
love your sig, Darkhunter... :lol:

By and large, the only skill the alchemists of Ankh-Morpork had discovered so far was the ability to turn gold into less gold.

frogesque
2004-Dec-06, 09:53 AM
She ran out of her hiding place with the frying pan swinging like a bat. The screaming monster, leaping out of the water, met the frying pan coming the other way with a clang.

It was a good clang, with the oiyoiyoioioioioinnnnnggggggg that is the mark of a clang well done.

The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett.

Amadeus
2004-Dec-06, 02:14 PM
*sign from the scorpion pit*

"learn the words"

ToSeek
2004-Dec-06, 03:15 PM
When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend.

darkhunter
2004-Dec-06, 08:42 PM
love your sig, Darkhunter... :lol:

By and large, the only skill the alchemists of Ankh-Morpork had discovered so far was the ability to turn gold into less gold.

Thanks--it seems appropriate for this board...

I HOPE WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY OF THIS 'FOUL FIEND' BUSINESS AGAIN.

scotsman
2004-Dec-07, 11:08 AM
Seems approriate given my user name :

Nac Mac Feegle! The Wee Free Men! Nae king! Nae quin! Nae laird! We willna be fooled again!" -

Translation available.... :) (for a small fee!)

ToSeek
2004-Dec-07, 02:43 PM
One or two of the old barrows had been exposed over the years, their huge stones attracting their own folklore. If you left your unshod horse at one of them overnight and placed sixpence on the stone, in the morning the sixpence would be gone and you'd never see your horse again, either...

Gillianren
2005-Feb-26, 10:16 PM
I am in the slow but steady process of putting together a My Little Binky set. we acquired Binky himself at Ikea, and I've got a black strip of deerhide that'll make a nice bridle. Susan (of course I'm going to have a Susan) will be a Barbie w/appropriately coloured hair. my boss, a jeweler, is going to make me a scythe blade, and I've found someone to carve me a handle.

the questions I have: does anyone know where I can acquire a 14-inch skeleton? does anyone know where I can acquire a miniature saddle?

because I'm really going Bursar over this. I mean, absolutely librarian-poo.

zebo-the-fat
2005-Feb-26, 10:24 PM
Keep taking the dried frog pills! :D

sohvan
2005-Feb-26, 11:32 PM
The astro-philosophers of Krull once succeeded in proving conclusively that all places are one place and that the distance between them is an illusion, and this news was an embarrassment to all thinking philosophers because it did not explain, among other things, signposts. After years of wrangling, the whole thing was then turned over to Ly Tin Wheedle, arguably the Disc's greatest philosopher*, who after some thought proclaimed that although it was indeed true that all places were once place, that place was very large.

* He always argued that he was

ToSeek
2005-Feb-28, 03:45 PM
I am in the slow but steady process of putting together a My Little Binky set. we acquired Binky himself at Ikea, and I've got a black strip of deerhide that'll make a nice bridle. Susan (of course I'm going to have a Susan) will be a Barbie w/appropriately coloured hair. my boss, a jeweler, is going to make me a scythe blade, and I've found someone to carve me a handle.

the questions I have: does anyone know where I can acquire a 14-inch skeleton? does anyone know where I can acquire a miniature saddle?

Would twelve inches (http://explore4fun.com/bonebook.html) do?

ToSeek
2005-Feb-28, 03:51 PM
"That's why it's always worth having a few philosophers around the place. One minute it's all Is Truth Beauty and Is Beauty Truth, and Does A Falling Tree in the Forest Make A Sound if There's No one There to Hear It, and then just when you think they're going to start dribbling one of 'em says, Incidentally, putting a thirty-foot parabolic reflector on a high place to shoot the rays of the sun at an enemy's ships would be a very interesting demonstration of optical principles."

captain swoop
2005-Feb-28, 04:03 PM

Would twelve inches (http://explore4fun.com/bonebook.html) do?

Both Airfix and Revell used to do Skeleton kits of around 12 - 14 inches.

Nicolas
2005-Feb-28, 04:26 PM

because I'm really going Bursar over this. I mean, absolutely librarian-poo.

If it turns out nice, thou might consider taking inn-sewer-ants on that gem...

frogesque
2005-Feb-28, 06:43 PM
... But first you will have to take an iconograph and send a Grand Trunk semaphore message (or Clacks) to every one at BA

zebo-the-fat
2005-Feb-28, 06:48 PM
How about adding "Death of Rats"? :D

If you get it finished, don't forget to post a picture!

frogesque
2005-Feb-28, 07:49 PM
But if you do the DEATH of RATS - The Grim Squeaker - you will also need THE DEATH of FLEAS and Quoth the Raven.

Hehehe! sounds like fun!

Gillianren
2005-Feb-28, 11:50 PM
since Barbie is 11 1/2" and Ken is 12", and since Death is seven feet tall, 12" is too short. I calculate (well, guess, really) that 13-14" is closer to what I need.

a friend of mine who makes Sculpy dragons for sale is being contracted to make the Grim Squeaker. I can probably get him to do a Death of Fleas, too, although since it's only mentioned in Reaper Man, I'm not overly stressed if I don't get one. dunno what I'm going to do about Quoth, as I want him to be texturally closer to a raven than you can get from Sculpy.

and yes, I promise, as soon as this project is complete, you will all get to see it.

"We are not at home to Mr. Reasonable, Sergeant."

"I do not hear him knocking, sir."