PDA

View Full Version : I HATE UPN!

R.A.F.
2004-Nov-29, 10:59 AM
Like Humphrey, Friday's Enterprise was pre-empted (by a basketball game). No worries, as they re-played it last night.

SO...I very carefully looked at the TV listings to make sure I recorded it at the right time since I have to go to bed very early.

I get up this morning and find that I recorded some wrestling crap. At first I thought it was my mistake (it's happened before) but NO. Turns out that the TV listings had Enterprise as coming on at 9PM, but instead showed it at 8PM!

So now I won't be seeing the 2nd half of this "trilogy" until "re-runs"...I don't even know if I should bother watching the 3rd part at all!

I HATE UPN!!!!

Humphrey
2004-Nov-29, 03:50 PM
Want me to give you a synopsys?

It came on at 7 pm sunday here. Its very strange. Each time they pre-empt it for basketball they move enterprise to a different time. Last time it was 3 pm saturday. Before 5 pm sunday. Just like a random jump.

Moose
2004-Nov-29, 03:57 PM
That's one of the two reasons I only ever watch it on an affiliate, and never on UPN itself. Because my usual affiliate (based in Toronto) was having technical difficulties, I opted to watch it an hour later on a Newfoundland station. Just as good, and (other reason) I don't get the episode spoiled at each commercial break.

SeanF
2004-Nov-29, 04:07 PM
Uh . . . little misplaced hostility here, folks.

It was, in fact, your local station that decided to show basketball Friday night. Any rescheduling of Enterprise (and faults in the published times of that rescheduling) are also the responsibility of the local station.

UPN broadcast Enterprise at it's normal time, followed by a pro-wrestling special.

Unless, that is, UPN schedules different programming in different parts of the country, but I doubt that. What basketball game was being broadcast (who was playing)?

R.A.F.
2004-Nov-29, 04:26 PM
It was, in fact, your local station that decided to show basketball Friday night. Any rescheduling of Enterprise (and faults in the published times of that rescheduling) are also the responsibility of the local station.

Of course I understand that. I just think that UPN should be responsible for what the local stations DO with UPN programming...I know, I'm dreaming. :)

UPN broadcast Enterprise at it's normal time, followed by a pro-wrestling special.

Exactly...which is why I don't understand why all the "TV listings" I found for yesterday had the Wrestling on at 8, and Enterprise on at 9.

What basketball game was being broadcast (who was playing)?

It was the usual Sacramento, Kings game.

Humphrey
2004-Nov-29, 06:08 PM
Our was Orlando Magic.

I just find it strange that they rebroadcast at very odd times and never the same time each week.

Decromin
2004-Dec-01, 12:31 AM
I guess theoretically, you could maybe do a search to see if, on the off chance, someone has maybe captured the episode and might of put it on the web for download.

All theoretical of course ...

tuffel999
2004-Dec-01, 05:02 AM
It is up on the the web. If you p2p just look.

Gullible Jones
2004-Dec-02, 03:33 AM
Ahhhhgetridofthatpostgetridofitbeforewe'reDOSed...

;)