PDA

View Full Version : Final Final Episode of Futurama

Extravoice
2013-Sep-04, 08:49 PM
Tonight 9/4/2013 at 10PM ET on Comedy Central.
All indications are that this really is the end of the line.

The show has been hit-or-miss lately, but they have hit a few out of the ballpark over the years.

Glom
2013-Sep-04, 11:17 PM
We've heard that before.

Only recently they did their very bestest episode, the one with the forwards only time machine. That knocked out the previous best, the one where Fry gets the Robot Devil's hands, which itself knocked out the bestest episode before that, the one where the Professor is too old.

JustAFriend
2013-Sep-05, 11:40 PM
It was a good send-off.

Loved the opening card: "AVENGE US!"

Also nice that Comedy Central then ran the original pilot right after the finale.

novaderrik
2013-Sep-06, 11:27 PM
We've heard that before.

Only recently they did their very bestest episode, the one with the forwards only time machine. That knocked out the previous best, the one where Fry gets the Robot Devil's hands, which itself knocked out the bestest episode before that, the one where the Professor is too old.

not to start an argument or anything, but the first one about his dog was the mostest bestest episode. that episode was just perfection from beginning to end.

and did they ever go back and undo the little thing about how Fry wound up going back in time when he was older to live out his life above the pizzeria that he worked in before getting frozen? it's hard to keep up with the time travel stuff in tv shows..

grapes
2013-Sep-07, 09:09 AM
Was just about ready to watch this, and it was vetoed.

and did they ever go back and undo the little thing about how Fry wound up going back in time when he was older to live out his life above the pizzeria that he worked in before getting frozen? it's hard to keep up with the time travel stuff in tv shows..
Yes, time travel is all over the place. But why undo?

Swift
2013-Sep-07, 05:03 PM
Yes, time travel is all over the place. But why undo?
I thought time travel is all over the when?

swampyankee
2013-Sep-08, 01:16 AM
Is the end of Futurama going to be analogous to Viking's multiple discoveries of the edge of the Solar System?

Solfe
2013-Sep-08, 02:45 AM
Is the end of Futurama going to be analogous to Viking's multiple discoveries of the edge of the Solar System?

Viking? Do you mean V'Ger?

Shaula
2013-Sep-08, 08:27 AM
To be honest I gave up in horror when Futurama came back the first time as a series. They had forgotten how to do most of the voice and it grated horribly (Leela's especially). Series 5 was so hit and miss I just decided it would be better to stick with the first 4 as classics that I loved. Now if only I could borrow a time machine and convince myself to do the same with Star Wars...

Extravoice
2013-Sep-08, 11:07 PM
not to start an argument or anything, but the first one about his dog was the mostest bestest episode. that episode was just perfection from beginning to end.

I thought "the one with the dog" was the bestest, until I saw the one where his brother "stole" his life and became the first man on Mars.

Swift
2013-Sep-09, 03:27 PM
I thought "the one with the dog" was the bestest, until I saw the one where his brother "stole" his life and became the first man on Mars.
Yes. The robot devil's hands one is also good

Jeff Root
2013-Sep-09, 03:55 PM
I thought "the one with the dog" was the bestest, until I saw
the one where his brother "stole" his life and became the first
man on Mars.
I don't get to see TV very much, and have only seen relatively
few episodes of futurama, but luckily I happened to see both
of those.

Why can't these things keep going forever?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

swampyankee
2013-Sep-10, 02:44 AM
Yes; I did mean Voyager. Essentially, this means that I've been up far too long.

Glom
2016-May-14, 05:40 PM
Talk about prescience. In the very first episode, Fry and Bender patronise a suicide booth. After it finishes failing to work, the recorded announcement proclaims that the brand of suicide booth in question has been America's favourite since 2008.

How did they know that 2008 was going to be one of those years?