PDA

View Full Version : Ngd

Cougar
2013-Sep-12, 07:56 PM
New Guitar Day. I guess I'm just hopelessly hooked.
This beauty was just too nice to pass up....

http://user.xmission.com/~dcc/xav482.jpg

Xaviere XV-900, semi-hollowbody, ES-335 style, Fat Pat pickups, flamed orangeburst...
Sold online through GuitarFetish.

Swift
2013-Sep-12, 07:59 PM
I'm no connoisseur, but that is mighty pretty.

Nick Theodorakis
2013-Sep-12, 08:40 PM
When someone gets a new telescope, the skies get cloudy. Is there an equivalent phenomenon for new guitars?

Nick

Cougar
2013-Sep-12, 09:44 PM
When someone gets a new telescope, the skies get cloudy. Is there an equivalent phenomenon for new guitars?

Why yes. It is raining today. Fortunately, that does not affect the volume knob on the amplifier, or the volume or tone knobs on the guitar. In fact, I like making music on a rainy day. I guess it's a bit different with new telescopes. :rolleyes:

Solfe
2013-Sep-12, 10:43 PM
I love it. Gorgeous!

LookingSkyward
2013-Sep-13, 07:38 AM
Beautiful!

BigDon
2013-Sep-13, 11:12 AM
Have you done any custom work of your own on it?

Cougar
2013-Sep-13, 07:20 PM
Have you done any custom work of your own on it?

"Modding" a guitar is pretty common among guitar folk. Not me. I'm actually a keyboardist (Motif XS7) who plays some guitar. :cool: I did take off the pick guard first thing, and I'll be changing the strings to 09s, and lemon-oiling the fretboard while the strings are off, but that's about it. They say the nickel-silver frets are leveled, hand crowned, and dressed at the factory, and they look and feel like it (very smooth when bending a note). GuitarFetish also says they've "upgraded the tuning machines, hardware, and electronics so you won't have to." Good enough for me!