PDA

View Full Version : Removing all of Adobe except for Flash?

Inclusa
2013-Sep-13, 06:40 AM
I was told that Adobe products present security risks; then again, they often present certain functions.
Since I'm the writer of the parody "GIMP it", the apparent fact is that I don't use Photoshop for years.
What do you think?
I'm somewhat hostile to Google as well, but cellphones and many computer functions depend on Google.
As far as search engine is concerned, I use duckduckgo exclusively.

BigDon
2013-Sep-13, 10:13 AM
I hate Google myself, but not because it is useless like Duckduckgo.

You almost had me on your side until that point. Hitting the "random article" button in Wikipedea is a more effective search engine.

Trebuchet
2013-Sep-13, 07:45 PM
Wait, you want to KEEP Flash? Of all Adobe products, that's the one I'd most like to see go away. Just about weekly updates, each time wanting to install unwanted products from McAfee, and still crashes constantly. Unfortunately it seems to be pretty much essential for doing anything on the web.

"Shockwave Flash has Crashed". Well, of course it has. What else is new?

Inclusa
2013-Sep-14, 04:23 AM
I hate Google myself, but not because it is useless like Duckduckgo.

You almost had me on your side until that point. Hitting the "random article" button in Wikipedea is a more effective search engine.

What make you think Duckduckgo is useless? I have been using for quite a long time already.

I'm not too certain about Adobe Air, though.

Hlafordlaes
2013-Sep-14, 01:13 PM
I selected to use HTML5 for videos on YouTube and for a while was seeing about 50% of content in non-flash. I was kind of hoping for a 'revolution,' but it seems Google has lost interest in moving HTML5 forward in a significant fashion, at least on YouTube.

And shame on Adobe for adding junk offers to every update of what is basically core system software. Makes one appreciate staid Microsoft, who despite many faults, plays pretty clean on this front.

Inclusa
2013-Sep-15, 06:28 AM
Both McAfee and Norton should be avoided; they are extremely difficult to remove, and present more problems on their own right.