PDA

View Full Version : Virus on the forum?

starcanuck64
2013-Sep-27, 05:57 PM
Is anyone else being blocked from the main forum page, whenever I try and access it my AVG anti-virus gives me this message;

"Threat: Exploit Blackhole Exploit kit(type 2825)

Object name: cosmoquest.org/forum/forum.php

Threat successfully blocked"

I'd post this in feedback but I can't seem to get there.

Swift
2013-Sep-27, 06:06 PM
There is a thread about this in Feedback (http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?146419-My-Anti-virus-Went-Off-When-I-Prepared-To-Log-in). I'll leave this thread here too, but I don't know why you can't get to Feedback (others have reported having trouble getting to the front page). Others have reported this problem (including me). The Build Team has been notified, but I have not heard anything back from them. I would prefer that people post about this in the Feedback thread if they can, so as to keep things simple. Thanks,

JohnD
2013-Sep-27, 06:26 PM
Similar happened to me, just after I came onto the MsB, just after 1900 GMT
Can't recall what the warning, from my Norton firewall, said. Don't think it was "Blackhole exploit", but immediatly I went to Norton and found no record of that beating off an intruder. Must be internal the MsB.
JOhn

Swift
2013-Sep-27, 06:30 PM
This message from the Build Team:

AVG has twice falsely considered the home page to be infected. Any time they more closely inspect it, nothing comes up. I'll check more into it though. They've never given details like that.

starcanuck64
2013-Sep-27, 06:37 PM
There is a thread about this in Feedback (http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php?146419-My-Anti-virus-Went-Off-When-I-Prepared-To-Log-in). I'll leave this thread here too, but I don't know why you can't get to Feedback (others have reported having trouble getting to the front page). Others have reported this problem (including me). The Build Team has been notified, but I have not heard anything back from them. I would prefer that people post about this in the Feedback thread if they can, so as to keep things simple. Thanks,

Thanks, this let's me get into feeback, I couldn't from the Google search page for some reason. I had OTB in my history and that worked.

HenrikOlsen
2013-Sep-29, 02:16 AM
Going from Google's search page goes through Google's servers on the way out so they can register what you clicked on after searching.
There's no guarantee that's not what's been messing you up.