PDA

View Full Version : Another face on Mars

John Kierein
2002-Jun-15, 01:33 PM
The central peak in the June 14th image.
http://themis.asu.edu/latest.html
But actually the most interesting is the "water" leaking at the top of the picture of the inside of the crater. It seems it's there,but you may have to drill pretty deep and be lucky to hit it. Need a good "witching" stick.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-15, 01:44 PM
Face, huh?

I'd Tell you what I, Really Thought, that it Looked Like.

But I'm Pretty Sure, that it'd Get me Banned!

Jigsaw
2002-Jun-16, 03:39 AM
More specific link for posterity, as the Themis "latest" page always changes.
http://themis.asu.edu/zoom-20020614a.html

It looks like a guy's nipple, sort of.

The "medium" .jpg image, in full-screen, looks exactly like a cow pattie.

http://themis.asu.edu/fullimages/20020614a.jpg

Thank you for sharing this with us. A nipple and a cow pattie. Hey, it makes MY day! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Astronomy at its finest...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jigsaw on 2002-06-15 23:41 ]</font>

roidspop
2002-Jun-16, 03:51 AM
Hey, that's good! Up in the 'north' end of that crater you can see one of the famous Martian "Glass Tubes"! Way cool! Ribbing and ever'thang. Kinda flattened when that giant meadow-muffin impacted, I guess.

Espritch
2002-Jun-16, 07:31 PM
Ummm...am I the only one that sees a squirrel in the bottom of the big crater?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Espritch on 2002-06-16 15:33 ]</font>

Phobos
2002-Jun-17, 01:50 AM
On 2002-06-15 23:39, Jigsaw wrote:
The "medium" .jpg image, in full-screen, looks exactly like a cow pattie.

Perhaps we shouldn't joke about this until it has been properly be checked out. They say that historical myths usually have some basis in fact. Well, if we set aside our prejudices for a moment, why not consider the historical record of a cow that jumped over the moon.

If we assume this bovine feat was more than mear child fantasy, then once the animal had achieved lunar escape velocity, then is it not possible that it may have travelled on to Mars ?

Hey didle didle

Phobos /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ljbrs
2002-Jun-17, 02:38 AM
Zaphod Beeblebrox:

Could I get banned for my innermost thoughts on this subject (faces on Mars, etc.)? Possibly.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-17, 06:41 AM
On 2002-06-16 22:38, ljbrs wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox:

Could I get banned for my innermost thoughts on this subject (faces on Mars, etc.)? Possibly.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Oh, it's not that, it's more, Well, what it Looks Like!

That Definitely, is No Face!

Martian Jim
2002-Jun-17, 06:47 AM
hehe, us martians love making those sort of things so you can get confused about.
the cow dung was made by me and some friends /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martian Jim on 2002-06-17 03:01 ]</font>