PDA

View Full Version : I really hate being put into awkward positions

The Backroad Astronomer
2013-Oct-20, 05:45 PM
Several times in my life people have put me in some really awkward spots.

Right now we have a woodlot that has a cabin on it. Me, my grandfather and friends and family built about 20 years ago. When My grandfather died he willed that the land be sold and the proceeds be split amongst the four daughters.
I think he mainly did this so it seemed far and he was upset that I went away to college. Lately My sister and new husband want to build there but I want the cabin. The thing is I don't have a job but I feel one is coming soon. I am perfectly willing to divide the property and allow them to use the resources on my part as well. The thing is I don't have solid evidence of the job and at times I think I am going delusional. Also right all the will be doing is some cleaning and fixing pretty much what I was planning on doing anyway.

The Backroad Astronomer
2013-Oct-22, 06:20 PM
Ok I am going to use as a general dumping ground of some emotional issues no need to reply.

The underlying issue in our family is that we are all stubborn opponented know it alls at times. Also some of the family is a lttle patronizing towards me. When I was in grade 7 and 8 there was cousin who thought she it *** all right to bug me about some weight. I felt this a little creepy. Tried to explain it my grandfater to see if there was anything he could do about it all he said "ah david has a crush on someone." The same thing with what career a wanted to pursue he thought I was doing because somebody else was influencing me. Also I think someone is telling my mother I what I write here and she thinks I am making it all up because soon after I left college a person called her and told her his views and she agreed with him. Not knowing that he is a lying sneaky a word a can't use here.

Buttercup
2013-Oct-22, 07:00 PM
The underlying issue in our family is that we are all stubborn opponented know it alls at times...

My mother, aunt, husband, and sister-in-law are like that; constantly.

Which is why I generally just let them talk. :lol: Keep eating, stare off into space, mentally plan my grocery list, etc. ;)