PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS- Fox Special is a HOAX- A producer of the show

AstroMike
2002-Jun-17, 01:50 AM
http://www.starstuff.org/default.asp?cover=/articles/957.asp

Espritch
2002-Jun-17, 02:38 AM
That Alan Smithee gets around. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JayUtah
2002-Jun-17, 03:48 AM
I think Smithee had a film at the Sundance Film Festival this year, but since he's so reclusive he didn't grant any interviews at its premiere.

LunarOrbit
2002-Jun-17, 04:16 AM
I would really like to hear Bart Sibrel admit the hoax is a hoax. That will never happen though.

Kel

infocusinc
2002-Jun-17, 05:11 AM
Wow! The CIA, FBI, NSA and NASA all got to Smithee /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

David Hall
2002-Jun-17, 05:48 AM
Can we be sure that this article isn't a hoax in itself? I mean, some of the quotes sound a bit unbelievable, such as the supposed KGB agent. The whole tone of the article sounds a little odd too, not like an interview.

And finally, did anyone notice the name of the writer?

(later)

You might want to read the last paragraph again more carefully too:

In this hoax-upon-a-hoax-upon-a-hoax world, how can we believe anyone? Indeed, how can readers even believe an article they read on starstuff.org? After all, it is the season for hoaxes. "My advice is to trust no one," says Smithee. "Don't just believe anything you hear. You really have to get all sides of the story and make sure you aren't getting hoaxed yourself."

<font size="-1">(added last quote)</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David Hall on 2002-06-17 01:59 ]</font>

JayUtah
2002-Jun-17, 06:01 AM
If you research the career and works of Alan Smithee, you'll find that these quotes are exactly the sort of thing he would say.

Alan G. Archer
2002-Jun-17, 11:22 AM
Alan Smithee is a disgrace to all named Alan, and April F(ool) Jaques is a real jokester. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JayUtah
2002-Jun-17, 03:03 PM
I sympathize with you Alan, but look at it this way: Alan Smithee is a stand-up guy. He takes credit for his movies when other directors would walk away in frustration.

AstroMike
2002-Jun-17, 05:45 PM
Actually, it would explain why they didn't mention the Moon rocks or LRRRs. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alan G. Archer
2002-Jun-17, 10:37 PM
On 2002-06-17 11:03, JayUtah wrote:
I sympathize with you Alan, but look at it this way: Alan Smithee is a stand-up guy. He takes credit for his movies when other directors would walk away in frustration.

Very true. He's also hard-working, as evident by his vast body of work (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Smithee,+Alan).

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jun-18, 04:09 PM
On 2002-06-16 21:50, AstroMike wrote:

I particularly like the link to BA at the bottom of the article. I'm off to razz the folks on the FOX forum boards.

AstroMike
2002-Jun-18, 06:02 PM
On 2002-06-18 12:09, Valiant Dancer wrote:
I particularly like the link to BA at the bottom of the article. I'm off to razz the folks on the FOX forum boards.

Where is the Fox forum BTW? I want to join you. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AstroMike
2002-Jun-18, 06:12 PM
Never mind, found it. http://forums.prospero.com/foxshows/start

LunarOrbit
2002-Jun-18, 07:06 PM
Wow, that brings back memories... I did an advanced search for "conspiracy theory moon" (setting it to look through all message from the beginning of time) and it brought back all the messages written when the Fox special originally aired... including messages written by Bart Sibrel.

Kel

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jun-18, 07:32 PM
On 2002-06-16 21:50, AstroMike wrote:

Crap! I've been bamboozeled. The starstuff article appears to be a hoax in itself. The Author, April F. Jaques (April Fools Joke) and the producers name Alan Smithee (a pseudonym used by producers who which to disassociate themselves from a production) were the tip offs. Based on the other articles from the site, I took the account as genuine. Poop!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valiant Dancer on 2002-06-18 15:36 ]</font>

pvtpylot
2002-Jun-18, 07:42 PM
On 2002-06-18 15:32, Valiant Dancer wrote:

Crap! I've been bamboozeled. The starstuff article appears to be a hoax in itself. The Author, April F. Jaques (April Fools Joke) and the producers name Alan Smithee (a pseudonym used by producers who which to disassociate themselves from a production) were the tip offs. Based on the other articles from the site, I took the account as genuine. Poop!

Look on the bright side; now you can re-read Jay's posts in this thread with new appreciation.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

David Hall
2002-Jun-19, 05:02 AM

Crap! I've been bamboozeled.

I take it you just overlooked my post then? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jun-20, 03:11 PM
On 2002-06-19 01:02, David Hall wrote:

Crap! I've been bamboozeled.

I take it you just overlooked my post then? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I read the article and then posted a response after a minor check of validity of the site. Blew right past your post (I'm usually better than that.) where you questioned its validity.

(I've been kinda sidetracked argueing with others about Section 1, Article 9, paragraph 2 of the US Constitution and Amendments 1 and 4. It sometimes doesn't pay to have half a dozen arguements going on at the same time.)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2002-Jun-20, 03:46 PM
On 2002-06-20 11:11, Valiant Dancer wrote:
(I've been kinda sidetracked argueing with others about Section 1, Article 9, paragraph 2 of the US Constitution and Amendments 1 and 4. It sometimes doesn't pay to have half a dozen arguements going on at the same time.)

Let me Guess, it was about The FBI's, New, Unconstitutional Powers, Right?

Say No More, They have The Power, to Listen, Now!