PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Google Doodle

Van Rijn
2013-Nov-23, 07:47 PM
Google is doing a bit on the Doctor Who anniversary. Figured I'd start a thread about it. So far, I've found some mouse over effects and a (fairly simplistic) game, with (so far) Daleks, Cybermen and an Angel. If you lose a doctor, another one takes over.

Anyway, if you find more stuff, point it out please.

Moose
2013-Nov-23, 09:31 PM
Neat little game, although they use the non-isomorphic arrow keys for an isomorphic view. Made things trickier than necessary. Went through a looooot of doctors on the last mission. Still, fun little game. :)

Nowhere Man
2013-Nov-24, 02:00 AM
You can steer the Doctor with the mouse as well. I dislike games that use the arrow keys for diagonal movements.

Fred

ToSeek
2013-Nov-24, 03:02 AM
Neat little game, although they use the non-isomorphic arrow keys for an isomorphic view. Made things trickier than necessary. Went through a looooot of doctors on the last mission. Still, fun little game. :)

It took me about five minutes to figure out how to correlate the Doctor's movements with the arrow keys. Seems like they're 90 degrees off from where they should be.

Noclevername
2013-Nov-24, 03:04 AM
It took me about five minutes to figure out how to correlate the Doctor's movements with the arrow keys. Seems like they're 90 degrees off from where they should be.

I didn't even kno about the arrows, I just used the cursor. Click on the square you want the Doctor to walk to.

Tobin Dax
2013-Nov-24, 03:32 AM
I didn't even kno about the arrows, I just used the cursor. Click on the square you want the Doctor to walk to.

I used the arrow keys, too. I'll have to try again with the mouse. Hopefully that way I won't go through about 30 regenerations.

chrissy
2013-Nov-24, 05:38 PM

I did the same thing, damn those cyber-men. 0.o

Solfe
2013-Nov-24, 11:39 PM
I got roasted by a weeping angel.

Noclevername
2013-Nov-25, 12:59 AM
I got roasted by a weeping angel.

You blinked!

Solfe
2013-Nov-25, 01:14 AM
There doesn't seem to be a "don't blink" button.

Paul Beardsley
2013-Nov-25, 09:22 AM
Can someone post a link, please? I've searched for Doctor Who Google Doodle and all I can find is articles talking about it.

Nowhere Man
2013-Nov-25, 11:38 AM
Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/doodles/

Fred

jokergirl
2013-Nov-25, 01:08 PM
There isn't a Don't Blink button. Speed seems to be the key for this one. I went through a few doctors trying to figure out the "proper" way to beat them, but in the end racing the angel to the Tardis did the trick.

;)

Moose
2013-Nov-25, 01:16 PM
There isn't a Don't Blink button. Speed seems to be the key for this one. I went through a few doctors trying to figure out the "proper" way to beat them, but in the end racing the angel to the Tardis did the trick.

When in doubt... RUN!!!

jokergirl
2013-Nov-25, 01:21 PM
Basically.

Moose
2013-Nov-25, 01:28 PM
Basically.

Oswin sees what you did there.

Van Rijn
2013-Nov-25, 07:53 PM
Here's the specific link for that doodle:

http://www.google.com/doodles/doctor-whos-50th-anniversary